The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Should vMA Reward System Get Re-worked?

jakeedmundson
jakeedmundson
✭✭✭✭✭
I realize ZOS just changed the drop chances to be somewhat equal... which is a step in the right direction in my opinion... but not enough of a change to make a difference. There will still be endless farming for many of us.
The solution doesn't have to be a token system (i know many people aren't fond of that idea).. i also read a lot of posts about the traits for the weapons....
I'll leave my choice out of it until later.

What does everyone else think?
Edited by jakeedmundson on February 22, 2017 8:38PM
CP690
Lv 50 Dunmer DragonKnight Tank/Dps
Lv 50 Altmer Sorcerer Dps
Lv 50 Breton Templar Healer/Dps
Lv 50 Altmer Nightblade Dps
Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer Dps
PS4 - DC
vSOHM - vAAHM - vHRC - vMA Flawless

My version of a Heavy Attack Sorc build
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1

Should vMA Reward System Get Re-worked? 22 votes

Token System - Any variation of it... X number of tokens = some kind of better reward
27% 6 votes
Re-Design Weapon Traits - Make other traits useful enough to compete with sharpened
50% 11 votes
Drop Traits - Make the pool smaller to give a better chance of a good weapon/trait combo
18% 4 votes
Allow More Drops/Run - Just like during the wrothgar anniversary event. Drop 2 or more items per chest.
0% 0 votes
Do Nothing - I like it the way it is
0% 0 votes
Other - Explain your idea
4% 1 vote
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jake, I'll be brutally honest where you're entitled to your opinion and rightly so.

There have been these exact posts 2 times a week at least for the last 12 months.
    Not one of these have any responses from any ZOS staff members to confirm/deny that it's changing.

It has gone through a big change with this patch.

You now get double daggers instead of 1 (huge buff) and time saving.
    You now get more chances for destro than bow/sword and board.

I did 4 runs last night and got flame destro, 2 daggers (2 in one), bow, resto staff.

This seems a lot better but I can't say until I do my 10-30 runs this week to determine if it's any better.

All I'm saying is and please don't take this in a negative way, I don't see any token system or things surrounding this in the near future this question has been avoided literally for 10+ months.

Luke
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• StrangerFull
    StrangerFull
    ✭✭✭
    I already wrote somewhere in the past. I repeat:

1. Developers should make a new weapon, the weapon is identical to the arena. They promised equality between players who purchased and not purchased the DLC. Upon a top weapons drops from DLC. Or take the opportunity to sell these weapons to any player.
    2. The same applies to the monster sets. The top DLC sets fall into the dungeons and caves of the DLC things should be sold as well, with no restrictions on the group to ensure that the promise of equality between players with and without DLC. Or, again, do similar monster sets (or certain sets works as monster) that drops from the DLC dungeons.
    That is why I voted for the last point.
  • jakeedmundson
    jakeedmundson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lukums1 wrote: »
    Jake, I'll be brutally honest where you're entitled to your opinion and rightly so.

There have been these exact posts 2 times a week at least for the last 12 months.
    Not one of these have any responses from any ZOS staff members to confirm/deny that it's changing.

I did 4 runs last night and got flame destro, 2 daggers (2 in one), bow, resto staff.

This seems a lot better but I can't say until I do my 10-30 runs this week to determine if it's any better.

All I'm saying is and please don't take this in a negative way, I don't see any token system or things surrounding this in the near future this question has been avoided literally for 10+ months.

Luke

Your first sentence is the reason ZOS should take it a little more serious.

I do appreciate your input though... but you have to realize that you are in a very small minority of people that run this so often/so many times. I know you have a twitch channel dedicated to vma and i've seen your guides (which are great!).
    But many of us are stuck in an endless loop of never getting the 1 weapon (or the last weapon) they need from this arena.

Did you at least toss a vote in?? ;)

PS. I have been running after the patch... still not a single desto staff and nothing in sharpened :| I know it hasn't been long since the patch... but that doesn't negate the number of times i completed it before this patch.
    CP690
    PS4 - DC

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Removing useless traits has to be done. That or making all traits somehow useful.

Definitely not a token system, that'd be a dumb idea.
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭

Luke

I do appreciate your input though... but you have to realize that you are in a very small minority of people that run this so often/so many times. I know you have a twitch channel dedicated to vma and i've seen your guides (which are great!).
    But many of us are stuck in an endless loop of never getting the 1 weapon (or the last weapon) they need from this arena.

PS. I have been running after the patch... still not a single desto staff and nothing in sharpened :| I know it hasn't been long since the patch... but that doesn't negate the number of times i completed it before this patch.

Hello Jake,

I agree and I'm not completely disagreeing to be quite honest. I wish they do something for the good of yourself and this community it's very disheartening to not get your weapons after countless hours and stress..

I just don't see it happening you know? You also have to think of the possibility of people getting "***" but I don't think this would happen because again I'll be frank, we have all had our weapons for a very long time... so I'm sure people could let a token system by "for the good of the community" I know I could and I'd suggest it.

I have zero faith in ZOS making solid choices to the state of the game from what we've been witnessing lately which is a real shame. However that's another topic.

Thanks for watching my guides :smile:

I'll put my vote in now I apologies.

I'll run a considerable amount of times tonight and offer some solid feedback perhaps boosting moral with the attempt to go back into vMA swinging.

Luke
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• jakeedmundson
    jakeedmundson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Luke

Hello Jake,

I agree and I'm not completely disagreeing to be quite honest. I wish they do something for the good of yourself and this community it's very disheartening to not get your weapons after countless hours and stress..

I just don't see it happening you know? You also have to think of the possibility of people getting "***" but I don't think this would happen because again I'll be frank, we have all had our weapons for a very long time... so I'm sure people could let a token system by "for the good of the community" I know I could and I'd suggest it.

I have zero faith in ZOS making solid choices to the state of the game from what we've been witnessing lately which is a real shame. However that's another topic.

Thanks for watching my guides :smile:

I'll put my vote in now I apologies.

I'll run a considerable amount of times tonight and offer some solid feedback perhaps boosting moral with the attempt to go back into vMA swinging.

Luke

Speaking of zero faith.....did two runs last night....
    1 was a resto staff...
    and I finally got a lightning staff (my first one ever).... not sure of the trait, get to that in a second... also got a couple scores that should put me on the leader board. (502k ish - should have put me somewhere around the 50 rank).

I JUST finished round 9 (after multiple minutes of lag and an extremely disappointing lag death when boss was at 5%)... I went to loot the chest, saw the words "lightning staff" and quickly pressed the "loot all" button on my controller in fear of lagging out.
    :open_mouth: had my "O" face in full effect at this point!

Rushed into my inventory to see what trait awaited me... and i find no new loot. No new mal weapon in my list...
    Confused... i turn back to look for the chest in case i didn't actually loot it. Maybe i pushed cancel instead of loot?.... no chest.

So again confused... and now concerned... I leave the instance and log out hoping that it was some strange glitch where it didn't want to load part of my inventory... not the end of the world, i've had things like that happen and relogging took care of it.
    But now, I'm unable to log in... error 304... checked the forums, saw it was a PS4 server wide issue. Thought, "ok, i guess i'll have to try again later/tomorrow and hopefully it'll all be there :| "

Extremely disheartening to think that my first (and only) lightning staff drop from VMA might not be there when i try logging in later today.
    And it's probably safe to assume that if it ISNT there... nothing can be done about it. Great.

This is an ESO disc breaking worthy scenario to me.
    Edited by jakeedmundson on February 23, 2017 3:03PM
    CP690
    PS4 - DC