The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nord Tank HMS to 30/20/20

parkham
parkham
✭✭✭
I've been here about 4 months and finally decided to try dungeons. I put together a Nord DragonKnight Stamina Tank. So far it's been great fun and I think I'm actually better at tanking then anything else. Getting a dungeon in under a minute everytime is awesome too.

I'm using a guide from Deltia as a reference. My tank is currently level 140. Deltia recommends having Health 30k / Magicka 20k / Stamina 20k. I can't reach the Magicka & Stamina numbers even when scaling into the dungeon and food. Any advice on how to help reach those numbers? Is there a food that bumps all three stats maybe as well? Thanks.

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
- Divine Crusade Guild
- Greybeards & Gals Guild
- Dead Citizens Guild
  • GilGalad
    GilGalad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is purple food that boosts all stats by approx 3.5k. But even if you wear exactly the same gear you will have lower stats, since every spend champion points boosts your max stats by up to 20% at CP 600. So you will have more than 10% less ressources than a CP capped character.
    Animals Unchained | PC EU
    Homestead Theorycrafting
    Math of RNG
  • parkham
    parkham
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for feedback. What you're saying is that in order to get to the 30/20/20 benchmark, my Champion level must be quite a bit higher than 160, right?

It's not that I * have * to reach those numbers. I've only died a couple of times out of the I & II dungeons I've been in. I just wanted to see what I needed to do to get there. If bumping CP up higher is what it takes, that's cool.
    Edited by parkham on February 21, 2017 3:04PM

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
    - Divine Crusade Guild
    - Dead Citizens Guild
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use a full stamina build with 5 Ebon + 5 Tava's + 2 Bloodspawn / 2 Lord Warden. My base health is high enough - almost 28K because I have full undaunted & heavy armor passives, tri-stat glyphs on everything and high raw stats from full CP. I only need to boost my maximum magicka and magicka recovery with Ghastly Eye Bowl drink. With Atronach mundus, properly allocated CP, and also bonuses from LA - I have light sash for undaunted bonus - and AvA Support passives - I slot Barrier on my front bar - I can boost my recovery to about 1.8K. I can talon and chain everything, drop cinder storm and hit ingenous shields every 5-6 for more ult gain and group safety.

But that's an end game build. Up to about ~CP300 I went as a hybrid build, with stat points equally spread. CP150-160 materials and Hakeijos were very rare and expensive back then (about 5x what they are today) so it took some time before I could actually afford that CP160 gold gear, with tri-enchants. At your level you should probably stick to CP160 purple crafted gear - even if you are just CP140 those CP really pile up fast so you should be there within 3 days or so. Try do add health glyphs on that until you reach about 27K health with food, then put magicka and stamina glyphs as you see fit. 20K stamina or so should be enough so if you are there top magicka instead. Atronach is pretty good for magicka recovery.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • parkham
    parkham
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the feedback. I will keep all that in mind. What's a good online character builder?

I have to work on the Undaunted passives and I just realized not too long ago where to get materials for tri-stat glyphs. That's down the road as I just started intro quest in Cyrodiil (gotta get that Alliance skill line going!!)

Tanking has been fun. For some reason keeping aggro on some bosses is difficult (not sure why). I definitely stay busy trying to keep the enemies resistances down and them taunted on me.

On another note - My friend just went over CP160. I was in for a shock when I tried to craft CP160 armor! It looks like the material requirements are 10x?
    Edited by parkham on February 21, 2017 5:15PM

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
    - Divine Crusade Guild
    - Dead Citizens Guild
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Undaunted passives and a high CP count will help you achieve those max resource thresholds, if you haven't reached that point yet.