The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Dawnbreaker

toxikh.earth89neb18_ESO
fix the damn dawnbreaker, cant hit ** with it, good that magika has so many easy ultis and skills that can be used even when its 1fps and doesnt require targeting, ice comet, eye of flame, flame lash, magicka detonation and many others
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm a magicka sorc, I use it, and I can hit people with it just fine. Usually many people. What's the problem with it?
    Options
  • toxikh.earth89neb18_ESO
    got hit with haunting curse 8k and with daedric tomb for 7k 6k 6k all in less than a second and same player, why shuffle got nerfed by 5% cant dodge any hit now, roll dodge is good but not to daedric curse or endless furry, stamina is useless in pvp, magicka has so many shileds, reflect.... game is more unbalanced every update
    Edited by toxikh.earth89neb18_ESO on February 20, 2017 3:53PM
    Options
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So this IS a nerf sorc thread. Never seen those before... (>.>)
    Daedric Tomb is expensive and takes time to place correctly. TTheres also a cooldown on the damage. If you roll or gapclose through the mines, you should only receive single damage.
    I'd trade EotS happily for my magical Dawnbreaker. Instanuke with stun that goes through dodge and can be aimed at invisible targets and groups is awesome. And it's cheap, too. Just get a bit of distance to widen the cone and you should hit easily.
    Options
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
    Options
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    Daedric Tomb is expensive and takes time to place correctly. TTheres also a cooldown on the damage. If you roll or gapclose through the mines, you should only receive single damage.
    I'd trade EotS happily for my magical Dawnbreaker. Instanuke with stun that goes through dodge and can be aimed at invisible targets and groups is awesome. And it's cheap, too. Just get a bit of distance to widen the cone and you should hit easily.

daedric tomb takes time to place it? can hit me only once? i was hiting the guy with my bow from distance next thing i know i was dead and it wasnt laggy

things that annoys me at DB is when u target a player that moves sideways or when it runs away from me i cant hit him coz of the latency this skills is pretty much useless in pvp
    Edited by toxikh.earth89neb18_ESO on February 20, 2017 5:48PM
    Options
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Streak
    Options
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »

daedric tomb takes time to place it? can hit me only once? i was hiting the guy with my bow from distance next thing i know i was dead and it wasnt laggy

things that annoys me at DB is when u target a player that moves sideways or when it runs away from me i cant hit him coz of the latency this skills is pretty much useless in pvp

Yeah. You gotta close distance a bit, Daedric Tomb is not max range. Then you have to get a free line of sight, ground-cast abilities can be difficult to place on hills and suchlike. And even then, thise mines actually need to arm, despite skill saying they were instant.
    With cooldown I mean that if you hit them all at once, with say a critrush through them, you'll only eat a single one damage-wise. Used to be you'd take them all, resulting in hefty damage. Was nerfed, as is everything with sorcs.

Lag can be obnoxious, no doubt. But mind the cone, DB can be missed. Exoerienced players know this and hug your side hard when they expect it coming. Ani-cancel it, snare your opponent with caltrops and move backwards while using it. Should do the trick.
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Daedric tomb arms instantly, you just need to drop it. It's the other (5 mine) morph that takes a couple of seconds to arm.
    Options
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    Daedric tomb arms instantly, you just need to drop it. It's the other (5 mine) morph that takes a couple of seconds to arm.

Not true. Drop 'em on an enemy. He can step to the side and won't get hit. The animation when they glow is the arm time.
    Options
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also a magicka sorc here who uses it, there's is no issue with this ability. Hence me and many other magicka users choosing It over magicka ults, it's just that damn good
    Options
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also a magicka sorc here who uses it, there's is no issue with this ability. Hence me and many other magicka users choosing It over magicka ults, it's just that damn good

^this

Dawnbreaker puts a very nice DoT, even though it's Physical, on your opponent which help keeping up pressure (and can proc Skoria). And the knockdown on it is just too good...

I've dropped Soul Harvest for that one :p
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
    Options
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »

^this

Dawnbreaker puts a very nice DoT, even though it's Physical, on your opponent which help keeping up pressure (and can proc Skoria). And the knockdown on it is just too good...

I've dropped Soul Harvest for that one :p

Why not just use soul tether it would hit harder and it also has a dot, a hot, a stun, it's a circle instead of a cone so your opponent can't side step it, and it also price skoria.
    Options
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gotta agree with the two gentlemen above, before destro ult came, I used the physical Dawnbreaker, too. It is THAT good.
    Options
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think dawn breaker is one of the few things I'd hesitate to complain about wrt balance
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
    Options
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So this is a rage thread by a stam player who died to a mag sorc.

I see.

Where's the mega facepalm meme.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
    Options
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd gladly have dawnbreaker as magicka again.
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hands down since first stepped in pvp around aug '15 - number one hit on my death recap charts...

never used it myself (eventually will), what drives me nuts is it normally shows up twice...I forgot what the tool tip reads and why that is - but, very effective move...ults come and go - dawn breaker keeps right on chugging along...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    hands down since first stepped in pvp around aug '15 - number one hit on my death recap charts...

never used it myself (eventually will), what drives me nuts is it normally shows up twice...I forgot what the tool tip reads and why that is - but, very effective move...ults come and go - dawn breaker keeps right on chugging along...

It has a dot, hence why it appears twice.

It's also the best ultimate for the majority of stamina builds and was the ONLY ultimate for them for a long time.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
    Options
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭

it's ranged, hits fairly hard, can snare.

what's not to like?

(other than the fact the tooltip is misleading - the mines are NOT instant, just much faster arming than the other morph)
    Options
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lylith wrote: »

it's ranged, hits fairly hard, can snare.

what's not to like?

(other than the fact the tooltip is misleading - the mines are NOT instant, just much faster arming than the other morph)

I'm guessing you quoted the wrong person lol, I didn't speculate about mines
    Options
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    To clarify, I think this is how to take mine description.
    Minefields says they arm after three secs, Tomb arms instantly. I think this refers to the delay when they start arming (the glow), not when they are ready.
    So, you place Minefield, it takes three secs and then arms, which takes another split second. You throw Tomb and it immediately starts arming, so after just the split second they can blow up. Experienced players can exploit that to evade them.
    It's a bit misleading, but if you take it that way, it's a pretty precise description.
    Options
    So this is a rage thread by a stam player who died to a mag sorc.

I see.

Where's the mega facepalm meme.

in my mind it sounds very funny when u say it
    Options
    im not raging abt damage im raging abt radius so i can hit someone
    Options