The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Worst server I've ever played

gjonezin
gjonezin
Soul Shriven
I've never been disconnected as many times as I have playing this game in my first week than all other games combined. Hasn't this been out for years? What's the reason for it?

Not only do I get disconnected, but I automatically die every time. It's very frustrating. I've been trying to finish a simple quest for an hour.

I have 50MB internet, hard-wired in, and am in DMZ mode. There are no excuses. Every other device I have had solid connection, including the wireless devices. No other online game has this problem. Edit: that I've played, at least.
Edited by gjonezin on January 29, 2017 9:03PM
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exactly
    Pc na
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gjonezin wrote: »
    I've never been disconnected as many times as I have playing this game in my first week than all other games combined. Hasn't this been out for years? What's the reason for it?

Welcome to Zenimax megaservers... it's horrible we all know. It wasn't like this at times. Just the last few DLCs have messed it all up. They have crammed too many users in on the cheap, and then claim DDoS... it's horrid, isn't it?

2 years of misery at times... if it wasn't for the people I've met in game and enjoy socializing with, I'd probably have been long gone. Elite Dangerous might see me out.
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It there's an alternative game, I'll be out in a mile. Horizon zero dawn looks promising
    Pc na
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they can use some of that $500Mil to buy new servers that don't sh*t the bed every time something new is added.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are aware and it is a priority to them ... still .

I still can't write that without cracking up .
  • gjonezin
    gjonezin
    Soul Shriven
    Just another update... I'm still constantly lagging or being dropped from the server. I'm typing this update because I am waiting for the timer to finish which is a result of me being penalized for being dropped trying to join a group in a dungeon.
  • ddpmacho
    ddpmacho
    I got booted the other day for too much chat/txting. I wasn't even chatting/txting.
    PS4 - NA