Direfrost Keep - Drodda the Icereach bugged (self-heal overpowered)

Agu-90
Agu-90
Hi ESO staff. I would report that the Direfrost Keep boss Drodda the Icereach is bugged. Her self-healing ability is overpowered.
Greetings.
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How is it bugged? Usually you should be able to interrupt it, is that not possible anymore? Or did you maybe not have enough stamina to break free and interrupt her life drain that way?
  • Meathook94
    Meathook94
    ✭✭✭
    I played against her with 3 other players in a group, we couldn't put a dent in her health bar. She's definitely overpowered.
  • GhostShade
    This boss is WAY too overpowered. The instant she locks on to a party member with her life drain she IMMEDIATELY return to 100% health. Even dropping multiple AOE's AND Ilambris(sp?) set AOEs on her she returns to 100%. There is no way with that amount of damage the she should instantly return to 100% health. The boss fight needs to be fixed ASAP. It is completely IMPOSSIBLE at this time. It doesn't matter if the boss is at 10% or 90% the instant she touched a member of our party she returned to 100% health. This BOSS is screwed currently.
    Ghost of Shade. Imperial Dragonknight/Werewolf
    Shade Lethario. Breton Sorcerer/Bow/Werewolf
    Shade Panthera. Khajiit Nightblade/Bow/Werewolf
    Shade Mephisto. Argonian Templar/Dual Weild/Sword and Shield/Werewolf
    Shade Hammerhand. Nord Dragonknight/Destro Staff/Werewolf
    Shade Immortalus Dunmer Sorcerer/Dual Wield/Werewolf
    Shade Apacalypto Bosmer Nightblade/Destro Staff/Werewolf

Champion 501
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GhostShade wrote: »
    This boss is WAY too overpowered. The instant she locks on to a party member with her life drain she IMMEDIATELY return to 100% health. Even dropping multiple AOE's AND Ilambris(sp?) set AOEs on her she returns to 100%. There is no way with that amount of damage the she should instantly return to 100% health. The boss fight needs to be fixed ASAP. It is completely IMPOSSIBLE at this time. It doesn't matter if the boss is at 10% or 90% the instant she touched a member of our party she returned to 100% health. This BOSS is screwed currently.

This.

Did it just an hour ago or so and, yeah, she spams ultimates like the old exploiters did in ages past in Cyrodiil.

Only way to kill her is to make sure everyone is topped up in stamina. You have to break her grip when she freezes you FAST or she self heals....a LOT every second one of your party members is frozen.

We got her...finally...after MANY tries and a few unkind words ;)

Edited by bellanca6561n on November 5, 2016 6:46AM
  • Eweroun
    Eweroun
    ✭✭✭✭

not at all, just an L2P-issue. Respect the mechanics and it's easily done
    |Lunar Lattice - Guildmaster / Fullmoon group raidlead|
    |Potato Knights - former core member|
    |former dd-"The Phoenix Reborn", former raidlead "Omnia Vincit /Playdead"|

clears: vCrag HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM (+2) - vCR+3 - vSS HM
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a pain if the magicka DPS doesn't reserve their stamina for break-free and only break-free.

I wish she was interuptable by other players. Though I guess that would make her lifesteal pretty trivial if a bash from the tank was all it took.
  • Mr_Apollo
    Mr_Apollo
    ✭✭✭
    Its not that hard if DPS can do enough damage and everyone can break free the moment they are caught. I just don't like that she cant be taunted ._.
    "Am I truly lost? Is this the end of me? Perhaps...just like all stories have a beginning, all of them will have an ending"
    ~Brelin Geolas

"The Divines gave you a nose for a reason, Tharn. So you can keep your mouth shut and still keep breathing"
    ~Lyris Titanborn

"It is good the people wear clothing. M'aiq wears clothing. Who would want to see M'aiq naked? Sick, sick people. Very sad."
    ~M'aiq the Liar
    Kornwalsky - Dunmer - Nightblade
    Tinker Knight - Khajiit - DragonKnight
    Erenimir - Altmer - Sorcerer
    M'zorna - Orc - Sorcerer
    Kristof Nordgård - Breton - Templar

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Apollo wrote: »
    I just don't like that she cant be taunted ._.

Anytime a boss isn't listening to my taunt its a pain, feel pretty useless at that point. Only time she'd pay attention to me was when everyone else was dead. Even with 8 atronachs up there wasn't enough damage to hurt me. There's really not that much damage in that fight, just the breakfree.

• SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a pain if the magicka DPS doesn't reserve their stamina for break-free and only break-free.

I wish she was interuptable by other players. Though I guess that would make her lifesteal pretty trivial if a bash from the tank was all it took.

At least it would give the tank something to do.
    I always sigh when I see mechanics set up that essentially penalize groups for bringing a tank in the first place.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't killed this boss in about a week so if it is newly bugged and one second of lifesteal takes her from 10% to 100%, then okay, that's an issue and should be fixed. Mention your platform and any relavant information in the bugs forum.

On vet HM her lifesteal heals her for about 2% of her health per second or around 120k hps. So there should be a pretty reasonable amount of time to break free before the health return sets you back that far. If everyone breaks free asap, I can kill her as the only dps in < 5 minutes, so the non bugged boss is completely doable.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • Schwa83b14_ESO
    Schwa83b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I concur, overpowered self heal, unreliable break free
  • havingacow
    havingacow
    ✭✭✭
    I concur, overpowered self heal, unreliable break free

Mad cuz bad.
    Toons:
    fugly elf - AD Templar AR 32
    fugly's brother - EP Nightblade AR 23
    moist aphrodisiacs - EP Templar AR 13
    t h i c c - DC Nightblade AR 13
    Sir Velyn Harbor - AD Nightblade AR 22
    it's pronounced zed - DC Sorcerer AR 17
    Nothing is True Everything is Permitted
  • Yubarius
    Yubarius
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like her cause she is one of the few actually HARD bosses in vet dungeons. Please don't nerf
    • Yubarius - Magicka NB - Flawless Conqueror
    • YubariusX - Magicka Warden - Flawless Conqueror
    • Lord Yubarius - Stamina Sorc - Stormproof - Centurion
    • 'Rubick the Grand Magus - Magicka Sorc
    • Fair Child Tank - Stamina DK
    • Jaruko - Magicka Templar
    • Selthyn Bavailo - Mag DK
    • Bandit-The-Great - Stam Temp

• Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My only issue is not being able to break cc immediately with like 30k stamina remaining. Breaking cc immediately is just broken in this game.
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Agu-90 , If you break free immediately she does zero healing. I've actually soloed her (don't ask) and it was doable.
    Edited by kadar on February 13, 2017 1:41AM
  • Elrosahir
    Elrosahir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont think so that the self heal is OP. You have to break free thats all, and quick:)
    Ariana Elensar - Magicka Sorcerer
    Aldmeri Dominion - EU - PC
  • Nidro
    Nidro
    ✭✭✭
    hmm.. i soloed her last week on my magicka Sorc... (yes it was on Veteran )
    sometimes i couldnt break free frmo her drain, but my dps was good enough to end the fight after a few minutes :-)

break free, have good dps and the healing she receives is not a Problem at all.

(A friend helped me at the part where you Need 2 People on the platforms to open the gate - he left afterwards, so i can finish it solo :-) )
    Edited by Nidro on February 14, 2017 9:20AM
    - Champion Rank 1080 -

Argonian Warden Tank - Never-Fights-Alone
    Highelf Sorcereress - Magicka DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Highelf Templar - Magicka DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Imperial Dragonknight - Tank - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Khajiit Nightblade - Stamina DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Redguard Templar - Stamina DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Darkelf Nightblade - Magicka DD - Voice of Reason
    Imperial Sorcerer - Stamina DD - The Flawless Conquerer
    Redguard Dragonknight - Stamina DD
    Argonian Templar - Healer - Heals-all-Allies -