The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

ESO Gold Edition hard copy

klk7877b14_ESO
klk7877b14_ESO
Soul Shriven
If I buy the hard copy of ESO Gold Edition will I have to have the CD in the PS4 while I play? Walmart has the hard copy for $38 vs $60 on PSN digital download. That's a pretty good savings. However I don't really want the CD to be spinning for hours while I play either.

Also I just bought a PS4 Pro and see tons of post about crashes. Is it really that bad right now? Is it even worth getting at the moment?
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buy the CD for sure, it's more stable then keeps getting stuffs from server. Also, you'll need huge GB space for the updates, 40gb or something.

PS4 pro in 4k graphics now will crash every 15min and in high traffic areas it'll crash immediately.
    PS4 pro in 1080 graphics will crash every hour or so and in high traffic areas it'll crash immediately.
    PS4 standard will crash every 2-4 hours.
    Cyrodiil where you PVP will crash every 15 min and lock you out of the game for another 15min, so it's a no go, it's guaranteed crash.

If you can take on those crashes and re login, or don't play long hours, then enjoy.

Note: this game in now like this since mid late 2016. I started playing at beginning of 2016 and it was fine, and no maintenance as often as now. Now the server is down for maintenance every week for hours and still no improvements.
    Pc na
    Options
  • makeumrage
    makeumrage
    ✭✭✭
    Fyi, when you get locked outta cyro.. switch characters and then log back in on the other. Get you right back in. Problem is game keeps you logged in after crash so you have to timeout. Doing this will let you in immediately
    Options
  • MerQrial
    MerQrial
    Crashes are by far not as worse as described here..
    There are crashes especially in high traffic areas but they are nit immediate and not every 15 minutes aswell.
    Options