Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO Live: February 10 @ 3:00pm EST"

• wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can we have info on if "Guild Hall" housing is being considered? Please!!
    Pretty please with Moon Sugar on top??
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • theivorykitty
    theivorykitty
    ✭✭✭
    Will we see mannequins for housing where we can display our favorite costumes and/or armor sets, similar to what we see in the Diamond Thimble?
  • theivorykitty
    theivorykitty
    ✭✭✭
    Will we see collectible merchants able to repair when placed in a player home?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just want to say...everyone should definitely tune in today.

Because reasons.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Because reasons.

Oooooo . . .
  • Oompuh
    Oompuh
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because reasons.

Well.. now I have to watch
    Xbox NA - Oompa
    Khajiit DK Tank
    Founder of Major Aegis
    Main Tank of Dissonant Crusade Uprising Savages
  • MAEK
    MAEK
    ✭✭✭✭

Because reasons.

This makes it so much more exciting! What are they gonna do? I'm hyping out!
    Edited by MAEK on February 10, 2017 7:12PM
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because reasons.

I'M AT WORK THOUGH!! :'(
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Alarra
    Alarra
    ✭✭✭

Because reasons.

Now we're all curious. :P
    UESP - Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995.
    UESP forum/blog/Discord admin, wiki patroller, NA/PC Guild Advisor
  • event121
    event121
    Soul Shriven
    Excited this game is getting so much love
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

Because reasons.

I'M AT WORK THOUGH!! :'(

Quick upload so we can watch when we get home, yes?
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Durnik
    Durnik
    ✭✭✭
    So they say the minimalist look is popular and the basic, rough items (cheapest stuff) is popular. Could it be that nobody has enough resources or plans to make anything better?
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty boring show. Made my sleep need worse.
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭

Because reasons.

It's over there was nothing special
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• theivorykitty
    theivorykitty
    ✭✭✭
    It was great to see that you guys invited people who really play the game and to be open to what they have to say. Really, really awesome thing that you guys are doing!

Also, having the guys that make the levels on there was fantastic - we really appreciate the work they do to make ESO feel so real and alive. Their stories via set-up in the landscapes are some of the best parts of ESO for sure.

However... what happened to answering any of the questions from this forum? I thought that was why you guys set up the thread....
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was great to see that you guys invited people who really play the game and to be open to what they have to say. Really, really awesome thing that you guys are doing!

Also, having the guys that make the levels on there was fantastic - we really appreciate the work they do to make ESO feel so real and alive. Their stories via set-up in the landscapes are some of the best parts of ESO for sure.

However... what happened to answering any of the questions from this forum? I thought that was why you guys set up the thread....

Pardon me, maybe I missed it but where was the exciting news they were going to tell?
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Because reasons.
    I'd have tuned in if there was better advance notice. I have less time than it takes to warm up a microwavable burrito than I do to catch ESO Live once I find out there is one. =P
    Edited by Preyfar on February 10, 2017 9:03PM
  • theivorykitty
    theivorykitty
    ✭✭✭
    jcaceresw wrote: »

Pardon me, maybe I missed it but where was the exciting news they were going to tell?

I'd say the fact that they flew out a bunch of the biggest voices in ESO players out there specifically to get their opinions on really important aspects of the game from balancing to housing to inventory space is pretty important and exciting. It shows that they actually care to hear representatives of the community and are not just blindly moving forward on whatever their vision end-game is, if that's not what we want as players.

Who else does that? It's a really huge deal.
    Edited by theivorykitty on February 10, 2017 9:04PM
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »

Because reasons.
    I'd have tuned in if there was better advance notice. I have less time than it takes to warm up a microwavable burrito than I do to catch ESO Live once I find out there is one. =P

I think they pretty much said every second friday same time.
  • ninjaguyman
    ninjaguyman
    ✭✭✭
    jcaceresw wrote: »

So you're disappointed sypher and fengrush didn't get to say any specifics on their testing and feedback? well they're still under NDA for a few weeks. We'll hear the specifics then, but I think it was good to see them at the very least appear on eso live. I thought they were gonna get kicked off the set as soon as they took off the helmets and introduced themselves XD, but they got to stay most of the show.
    Characters:
    AD breton nb: Shadowshinobi
    DC Altmer magicka nb: merc shot
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So they say the minimalist look is popular and the basic, rough items (cheapest stuff) is popular. Could it be that nobody has enough resources or plans to make anything better?

Yeeeeah. I'd vote for that.

I have enough mats to make 1 bed.

I know 2 different bed designs... but I don't even have enough mats to make the other kind.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • theivorykitty
    theivorykitty
    ✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

Yeeeeah. I'd vote for that.

I have enough mats to make 1 bed.

I know 2 different bed designs... but I don't even have enough mats to make the other kind.

Just gotta go mat farming! Although I am amazed at how fast my supply of some mats (like flour) has just gone right out the window on this stuff.
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What was the big news? Did I miss anything?
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • misfitmanic
    misfitmanic
    ✭✭✭
    *sigh* Always, always during my working hours. :(

I'll be looking forward to seeing the recording afterwards.

Same here! I've been very pleased with this latest update :)
  • perogwin_ESO
    perogwin_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Question: Before the Live Stream started there were 2 (?) songs that played with videos, what were they?
  • Alarra
    Alarra
    ✭✭✭
    Question: Before the Live Stream started there were 2 (?) songs that played with videos, what were they?

"Beauty of Dawn" (credits song) and "Three Hearts as One" (bard song), both by Malukah (a fan who became well known for her covers of the Skyrim bard songs on YouTube - they sent her some potential songs and had her write the music to them to be bard songs, so she's one of the bard voices, and also did the credits song.) They used to have a page about her on elderscrollsonline.com with download links of those two songs - looks like the page no longer exists but their download links are still up - just right click and "save target as":

http://static.elderscrollsonline.com/assets/mp3/BeautyofDawn-Malukah.mp3

http://static.elderscrollsonline.com/assets/mp3/ThreeHeartsAsOne.mp3
    UESP - Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995.
    UESP forum/blog/Discord admin, wiki patroller, NA/PC Guild Advisor
  • perogwin_ESO
    perogwin_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Alarra wrote: »

"Beauty of Dawn" (credits song) and "Three Hearts as One" (bard song), both by Malukah (a fan who became well known for her covers of the Skyrim bard songs on YouTube - they sent her some potential songs and had her write the music to them to be bard songs, so she's one of the bard voices, and also did the credits song.) They used to have a page about her on elderscrollsonline.com with download links of those two songs - looks like the page no longer exists but their download links are still up - just right click and "save target as":

<3 YOU ARE THE BESTES EVER <3
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quite an interesting show.

Especially liked the part from Tim and Greg, found that insightful. World building must be so finicky and time consuming. But I think the quality in the game really shows.

*Chuckles* I agree with this too. We've all be surprised (and pleased) in our guild how relatively easily it has been to find furnishings recipes, but the materials themselves are another matter entirely.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alarra wrote: »

I am SO glad I found this post. Thank you for sharing this. I love this stuff!
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rev Rielle wrote: »
    Quite an interesting show.

Especially liked the part from Tim and Greg, found that insightful. World building must be so finicky and time consuming. But I think the quality in the game really shows.

(...)

Loved that part in particular as well! Awesome stuff, nice to have this kind of interaction.