Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

All writs completed, all max skills, all motifs known, still no master crafting writs...

• Karius_Imalthar
    Karius_Imalthar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've finally gotten a couple. I got a blacksmith master writ yesterday and one woodworking and one clothier today. At this rate i'll be able to afford one decent thing from the voucher vendor in, like, a month.
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    got 5 so far in 3 days
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Auricle wrote: »
    I've gotten two so far on my 'side' crafters but none on my main crafter yet, which is bizarre. Just wondering, are writ vouchers account-wide or do you have to try to accumulate them on one toon to buy the more expensive items?

My understanding is that vouchers are CHARACTER bound. Generally, you will want to try do most of them on ONE primary crafter.... except that there are crafting achievements for doing master writs, and you may want to get those achievements on other alts as well in order to improve their chances of getting master writs.
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've finally gotten a couple. I got a blacksmith master writ yesterday and one woodworking and one clothier today. At this rate i'll be able to afford one decent thing from the voucher vendor in, like, a month.

Same. After doing six crafting writs on four alts for four days in a row, I have received about 1.5 master writs per day on average. Also of note, the drop rate for survey maps (at top level) is atrociously low - I have received TWO so far (one enchanting and one alchemy) - i.e. about 2 percent. I have received ONE psijiic ambrosia page fragment from the sixteen provisioning writs done, and around 12 gold tempers (I think). It's a huge time and gold sink atm.

Warning: I checked on my crafting achievements, and all of my master crafters are now at about 67% progress on their crafts, because they do not have the new achievements for the DLC. The drop rate for master writs might improve once I find 25 (and then 100) each of all new crafting mats. I hope. Time to go farming again.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_Luscan wrote: »
    So am I to understand that even tho I'm max skills in all the crafts, because I also don't have all the Motifs I can't get any Master Writs? WTF kinds BS is that?

What might be more frustrating is getting a writ that requires a motif you don't have.

I'm still working on a few of the motifs; no draugr, minotaur, yokudan, akaviri, or the newest ones yet. If I get a writ that requires one of them, I'm stuck. I own all the dlc, even the ones I don't think I'll ever use for more than crafting stations like IC so I can at least make all the sets. Its the motifs that will be the problem for me.
  • Karius_Imalthar
    Karius_Imalthar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking that maybe I was interpreting the "all motifs" thing. Maybe having all motifs just makes it easier to fill the master writ? I've gotten them for things like "Aldmeri Dominion", for example. A lot of people may be missing those, especially people without DLCs.