Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

All writs completed, all max skills, all motifs known, still no master crafting writs...

Karius_Imalthar
Karius_Imalthar
✭✭✭✭✭
I have all max crafting skills and all motifs are known minus the 4 brand new ones (it was suggested that know motifs would influence how often you get master writs) and I have completed all of the writs and I have yet to see a master crafting writ. I was really hoping to be able to start earning vouchers but instead i'm not able to do much other than craft basic junk furniture right now. It's disappointing.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have all max crafting skills and all motifs are known minus the 4 brand new ones (it was suggested that know motifs would influence how often you get master writs) and I have completed all of the writs and I have yet to see a master crafting writ. I was really hoping to be able to start earning vouchers but instead i'm not able to do much other than craft basic junk furniture right now. It's disappointing.

How many writs did you do? I did about 27 and got seven master writs, one wood, one blacksmith, two enchanter, and three alchemy. I'm wondering if I had a lucky night or not.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »

How many writs did you do? I did about 27 and got seven master writs, one wood, one blacksmith, two enchanter, and three alchemy. I'm wondering if I had a lucky night or not.

Very lucky. Did about 90 writs and received 2 alchemy and one enchanting. For 12 vouchers...
  • Jegpeg
    Jegpeg
    I've just got my first master crafting writ but it was for part of the Redistributor set and as I don't like PVP I don't have the DLC. I really think you should only gets writs for things you can make (without buying a DLC). I did try getting a guildmate to make it but you have to craft it yourself.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jegpeg wrote: »
    I've just got my first master crafting writ but it was for part of the Redistributor set and as I don't like PVP I don't have the DLC. I really think you should only gets writs for things you can make (without buying a DLC). I did try getting a guildmate to make it but you have to craft it yourself.

A bit stupid getting writs for sets you have no access to because they are DLC, surely they will have to change this.

I will be interested to see how many of the new writs I get when it comes to console. I do 48 writs every day across my 8 characters, all at level 50 in everything, so I would expect the Master writs to drop fairly regularly.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Jadednatas
    Jadednatas
    ✭✭✭
    The notes also say researches matter.. so if you aren't 9 trait in all things they may not drop as much
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got 1 alchemy master writ out of 9 writs done yesterday. Haven't tried today

Can't you sell sealed writs if you don't want/can't make what's asked for? Sell it, buy one from guild store with the money ?

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got 2 today. I have about 90% of the motifs, and both were for motifs I didn't have.
  • TTMighty
    TTMighty
    ✭✭✭
    There's another thread similar to this one here:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/319062/show-us-your-writs-here-pic-inside/p1

And I'll note again where I sit with it:

TTMighty wrote: »
    Feb 6th:
    Ran writs on my main crafter (all reagents known, all glyphs known,9/9 traits, all motifs, all recipes (including Aetheric Ambrosia)) he got 0 master writs. Ran writs on my 9 alts (a lot of recipes, 1/3 traits completed, a few purple motifs, all reagents and glyphs known) got 3 small master writs. Out of 60 writs, I got 3 master writs with a aggregate voucher value of 19.

This cannot be the "finally rewarding all the crafters out there" that ZOS promised. I understand RNG and such, I really do. But the whole idea of rewarding those that have put in the time and effort into leveling the crafts, like I did on my main, was that those Truly Masterful Crafters would have an increased drop of higher value Master Writs.

Feb7th:
    Well, I ran todays 60 writs and the results are about the same. May Truly Masterful Crafter got 0 Master Writs. And across all the other toons I got 5 Master Writs totaling 20 vouchers.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Not sure if ZOS folks are watching this and nodding your heads collectively that this is how it was meant to work. But, the RNG seems way too arbitrary.

My subscription was up for renewal this morning, ironically. Rather than re-subscribe for another 180 days and pre-order the Morrowind expansion pack; I'm going to see how the rest of this week pans out.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jadednatas wrote: »
    The notes also say researches matter.. so if you aren't 9 trait in all things they may not drop as much
    The OP didn't mention their trait knowledge, be interesting to know how much difference it makes.

Myself, I have an 8 trait and a 9 trait crafter, with others only having researched a few items here or there. These first two characters are the only ones I have been learning motifs on, for obvious reasons. I might have to track which of my characters get master writs when they drop to see if I notice any difference that could be attributed to trait/motif knowledge.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Mr_Luscan
    Mr_Luscan
    ✭✭
    So am I to understand that even tho I'm max skills in all the crafts, because I also don't have all the Motifs I can't get any Master Writs? WTF kinds BS is that?
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mr_Luscan wrote: »
    So am I to understand that even tho I'm max skills in all the crafts, because I also don't have all the Motifs I can't get any Master Writs? WTF kinds BS is that?

That's not true at all. It helps, but you don't need to know all the motifs to get a master writ. I got a wood one from my main and he only knows a handful of ninth traits, the basic racial nine, the first four puple plus dwemer, some mercenary, and the two holiday ones.
  • Soella
    Soella
    ✭✭✭✭
    My master crafter (half 8, half 9, most of motifs) got 3 master writs for 9 equipment writs.

4 alchemy writs for 27 writs

no enchanters for same 27 writs
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did not get any my first round (24 writs), but now they are starting to roll in.
    Also, my main crafter has all traits and knows all motifs except Akaviri legs....guess what my first decent master writ required????
    I am sure the RNG has a clandestine campaign against me personally
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »

A bit stupid getting writs for sets you have no access to because they are DLC, surely they will have to change this.
    Everybody has access to DLC motifs via guild stores.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is still too early to say anything definite but true master crafter seems to get one master writ per day. So on average there is max 1/6 chance to get it from box because there are six boxes. These numbers come mostly from PTS.

Provision writs seem to be bugged. I have not got any of them. In PTS i checked that half of the normal writs were still making CP50 food and they returned the old reward box without any chance. I believe they have therefore 1/12 chance at best.

Crafters that have 8 traits on all, have done all profession achievements excluding legendary and the new housing achievements and know the cheap purple motifs, these have maybe 1/12 chance for gear master writ and 1/6 chance on alchemy and enchanting.

As an average over all my crafters i get 0,6 master writs per crafter per day.
    Edited by helediron on February 8, 2017 7:57AM
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have 1 true master crafter that has everything needed to improve the drop chance, and 2 others that are 'good' crafters... 8 traits, half the purple motifs etc, and several others who can do the writs but only have half the traits etc.

Have done about 80 writs so far... and have got 4 master writs with a total voucher value of about 12.

Doesn't feel like any kind of reward for being a master crafter so far... especially when I see others who are at a fraction of my crafting level getting far more.

They could have added some kind of scale-able 'multiplier' similar to tel var, which increases depending our crafting ability... this then gives master writs with an increased level of rewards
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I will be interested to see how many of the new writs I get when it comes to console. I do 48 writs every day across my 8 characters, all at level 50 in everything, so I would expect the Master writs to drop fairly regularly.

Just sell them to players who can complete then and buy one you can complete. Assuming these can still be traded if you say "goodbye" when the quest text comes up.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • TTMighty
    TTMighty
    ✭✭✭
    There's another thread similar to this one here:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/319062/show-us-your-writs-here-pic-inside/p1

And I'll note again where I sit with it:

Feb 6th:
    Ran writs on my main crafter (all reagents known, all glyphs known,9/9 traits, all motifs, all recipes (including Aetheric Ambrosia)) he got 0 master writs. Ran writs on my 9 alts (a lot of recipes, 1/3 traits completed, a few purple motifs, all reagents and glyphs known) got 3 small master writs. Out of 60 writs, I got 3 master writs with a aggregate voucher value of 19.

This cannot be the "finally rewarding all the crafters out there" that ZOS promised. I understand RNG and such, I really do. But the whole idea of rewarding those that have put in the time and effort into leveling the crafts, like I did on my main, was that those Truly Masterful Crafters would have an increased drop of higher value Master Writs.

Feb7th:
    Well, I ran todays 60 writs and the results are about the same. May Truly Masterful Crafter got 0 Master Writs. And across all the other toons I got 5 Master Writs totaling 20 vouchers.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Not sure if ZOS folks are watching this and nodding your heads collectively that this is how it was meant to work. But, the RNG seems way too arbitrary.

My subscription was up for renewal this morning, ironically. Rather than re-subscribe for another 180 days and pre-order the Morrowind expansion pack; I'm going to see how the rest of this week pans out.

Feb8th:
    Worse run yet, ran all 60 writs today and my Truly Masterful Crafter got 0 Master Writs. Across the other toons, I got a total of 4 Master Writs worth 11 vouchers.

So far, no comments from @ZOS_GinaBruno on the forums here as to what is going on, no response to my support ticket, the only ones that have responded is the subscription processing group when I told them why I didn't renew.
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't had much luck with master writs either. With 132 writs done in the past 2 days I've only gotten 2 Alchemy and 1 Enchanting master writs totaling a huge 7 vouchers. My master crafter and main character has received 0 master writs. Hopefully I'll have better luck today....
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
  • heavy_artillery
    heavy_artillery
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, I have 1 character with 5 max writs and another with 2. That's 7 writs I can do in one day. I've done a total of 16 writs so far and not found a Master Writ, but to do so many writs you must have a TON of characters doing them, yeah? Whew, I barely have time to get my 7 per day in lol.

AND how are you getting enough mats to be crafting a lot of furniture already? Man, I wish I had more time to play this game!
    @Bluenotebacker in-game, NA Server
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RNG is showing it's face again...both sides, the pretty and the ugly.

I've done 18 writs since Monday, gotten 3 Master writs; 1st day 2 writs, 2nd day 0 writ, 3rd day got a legendary yokudan staff good for 48 vouchers.

FYI, yes you can sell, trade, bank Master writs, as long as you don't accept the quest at the prompt when you receive the writ. Saw a legendary writ worth 87 vouchers being offered for 300k in chat.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It seems to me that secondary signs of actual long term use apply a great deal including motifs for equip but also the crafting achievements. Things like grandmaster harvesting (10k nodes on one character), truly legendary (make gold glyph and put it on gold item you made) etc matter.

About half of my master drops have come on the one character with tons of achievements met - the biggies, even though that character is only 33% of my tier-10 writs per day.

i recommend pulling up the achievement tab and look at crafting character by character if you haven't and identify which you can get to easily.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The collective experience so far does not bode well for me, as I only have one character that can do the top-tier writs. I just haven't gotten any of my alts to the point story-wise where they can receive master writs. Guess I'll have to work on that in the next couple weeks prior to console release.

I also agree with the sentiment that this system doesn't seem like much of a reward for Master Crafters. Rather than locking these behind RNG, they should just have a board for these like the regular writs. Then, reduce the number of vouchers rewarded accordingly. Or allow us to do only one MW per character per day. But, only having a CHANCE to get a MW from normal writ reward boxes just adds another layer of frustration, especially if you finally receive a MW only to have it be something you can't craft.

This, coupled with the tedium/grind of furniture crafting just makes me less and less interested in this update. My husband, who plays on PC, is already waiting for the next Crown sale so that he can purchase a few packs in order to buy a furnished home or two from the Crown Store. After a couple of days playing, he's only found one furniture plan (for a basic bedroll) and barely the mats to craft it. But, now I'm getting a little off topic...
  • DemonDruaga
    DemonDruaga
    ✭✭✭✭

I did 25 and got nothing
    The rng is with you i guess :D
    Edited by DemonDruaga on February 8, 2017 8:16PM
    Ardor // Dunkelsicht // Pakt
  • Jegpeg
    Jegpeg
    Rosveen wrote: »

Everybody has access to DLC motifs via guild stores.

It wasn't a DLC motif is was a DLC "set". I had to make a dagger from the redistributor set. To make it you have to go to imperial city which you can't do without the DLC.

I'll check more carefully with the next one (I hadn't read about master writs so didn't know what was happening when I got it) but I am pretty sure you only know it is a quest for a "marvellous weapon" or something until you accept. Once accepted you have nothing in your inventory only a quest to make it.

As people are comparing skill levels to get them I have 7 or 8 traits is all blacksmithing items except mace (6). I have 7 for the requested dagger. I have knowledge of 13 styles.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I did 25 and got nothing
    The rng is with you i guess :D

14 more last night and nothing. Must have moved on. Blessed be the next soul RNGesus shines upon.
  • TTMighty
    TTMighty
    ✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »
    It seems to me that secondary signs of actual long term use apply a great deal including motifs for equip but also the crafting achievements. Things like grandmaster harvesting (10k nodes on one character), truly legendary (make gold glyph and put it on gold item you made) etc matter.

About half of my master drops have come on the one character with tons of achievements met - the biggies, even though that character is only 33% of my tier-10 writs per day.

i recommend pulling up the achievement tab and look at crafting character by character if you haven't and identify which you can get to easily.

I know I may not have listed out all the achievements as well in regards to my "Truly Masterful Crafter", but you could take it as an assumption that a character with every motif learned, every recipe learned (included Aetheric Ambrosia), every run known, every reagent known; would also have every crafting achievement as well. In fact, that particular toon is also my main for playing. He has over 19,000 achievement points to give you an idea of how rounded he is. And he has gotten 0 Master Writs.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have one crafter who has is maxed on every craft with all traits on every weapon and piece of armor, knows all the motifs except a few pages of Akaviri and the new ones, and has not received one equipment Master Crafting writ. He has received a couple of Enchanting MCW's for about 10 writs, but that's about it. Some of my other alts have received equipment MCW's, but at the most valued at 7 writs. Nothing spectacular, that's for sure. It almost seems like if you have a max level crafter like mine, the LESS chance you have of receiving a MCW.
  • TTMighty
    TTMighty
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Hey ZOS, wondering if/when you guys can weigh in on the concerns with Master Writ drops?
    Many thanks, in advance.
  • Auricle
    Auricle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've gotten two so far on my 'side' crafters but none on my main crafter yet, which is bizarre. Just wondering, are writ vouchers account-wide or do you have to try to accumulate them on one toon to buy the more expensive items?