The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Storm Atronach Crown Crates Retiring Soon

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Hi everyone,

We want to give you a heads up that we’re just under a month away from retiring the Storm Atronach Crown Crates. We’ll be retiring the Storm Atronach crates on Thursday, March 2nd at 10:00am EST, and they will be replaced with the next season: the Wild Hunt Crown Crates. Any collectible items found in the current crates will be replaced with the new items found in the Wild Hunt crates. Essentially, this affects all items except consumables such as potions, repair kits, riding lessons, experience scrolls, etc.

Any Crown Gems you currently have will be carried over to the next season, so you can put them toward some of the new items if you wish.

You’ll begin seeing the countdown timers in the Crown Store for the Storm Atronach Crown Crates in a couple weeks on February 21st. Once the Wild Hunt crates are available, we’ll publish an article on our website listing the items that are included in this new season.
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good riddance, I only wish the whole gambling box concept was being scrapped and that the actual Crown Store was getting the content.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am so not looking forward to seeing the list of new non-themed items that will be going straight into the crates instead of being made available for direct purchase. I hope it's nothing I wanted this time (chub loon :( ). Will these things ever be made available for people who would rather just buy them than gamble for a chance to win them?

To anyone who cares about the crates, you can also see in your collections list right now (on PC) the items that were retired from the crown store in order to fill the new crates, if you had purchased them before.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • Cynnalia
    Cynnalia
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for letting us know Crown Gems will carry over to the next season - I was wondering about that.
    NA PS4 Daggerfall Covenant Characters -- CP 755

Sulin Shadowdancer -- Redguard Nightblade -- Dragonstar Arena Champion, General Executioner, Tamriel Hero
    Ysorya Traven - Breton Sorcerer -- Monster Hunter, Master Angler, Explorer, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Tamriel Hero
    Eriah A'kiranya-- Redguard Dragon Knight, tank
    Sybilline Travadon -- Altmer Templar -- Maelstrom Arena Champion
    At-Sixes-and-Sevens -- Argonian Templar, healer
    Mercurial Malice -- Dunmer Nightblade
    Fern Gullie -- Bosmer Warden, level 45
    Ghareshi-ri - Khajiit, Necromancer, level 9
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slurg wrote: »
    I am so not looking forward to seeing the list of new non-themed items that will be going straight into the crates instead of being made available for direct purchase. I hope it's nothing I wanted this time (chub loon :( ). Will these things ever be made available for people who would rather just buy them than gamble for a chance to win them?

To anyone who cares about the crates, you can also see in your collections list right now (on PC) the items that were retired from the crown store in order to fill the new crates, if you had purchased them before.

Remember when people were so excited about the Chub Loon and the devs were so excited about letting us buy the Chub Loon? Yeah that didn't work out so well. RIP the gold chubloons.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • MopeyHat
    MopeyHat
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want to spend money on your lovely mounts and costumes and pets.

I want to spend a set amount on them, not a random one.

Why does your management feel the need to wrap the artist's work in a cruddy RNG box mechanic? It is so cheesy... :(
  • Dr_Rektar
    Dr_Rektar
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno, wanted to ask. The content of next winter season crates are going to be the same or smth new?
    Engine guardian - best set ever
  • esp1992
    esp1992
    ✭✭✭
    Not too big of a fan on crown crates (Buy them now and then), But a Wild Hunt Theme... Hell Yeah!

HAIL HIRCINE!!!!
    My Characters
    Naomi Darkthorn C Evil NB Beast Hunter/Poacher
    Akito of the Hunt N Good NB Beast Hunter (Werewolf)
    MY CHARACTERS

Clouse the White Warden - Breton AD MAG Warden
    Jaro the Wild Changeling - Bosmer AD STAM Warden
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So begins the countdown to the next round of threads of people blowing a week's paycheck and then complaining that the RNG didn't give them what they wanted. Why can't we just buy the contents out right, again?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.

Loremaster’s Archive open for questions!
  • Acid_Glow
    Acid_Glow
    ✭✭✭
    hmm not bad i guess.

PS4 Username AcidGlow
    {}Guilds{}
    Marmalade Boys
    ============================================ Characters ======================================================
    Morel Mackernasy Mag DK DPS
    Fuji-tora Magicka Mag Sorc DPS
    Heals-with-Skooma Healer
    Sajin Komamura Stam Night Blade Khajiit DPS
    Fire-King ReinHeardt Orc Stam DK DPS

• Vudokan
    Vudokan
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

We want to give you a heads up that we’re just under a month away from retiring the Storm Atronach Crown Crates. We’ll be retiring the Storm Atronach crates on Thursday, March 2nd at 10:00am EST, and they will be replaced with the next season: the Wild Hunt Crown Crates. Any collectible items found in the current crates will be replaced with the new items found in the Wild Hunt crates. Essentially, this affects all items except consumables such as potions, repair kits, riding lessons, experience scrolls, etc.

Any Crown Gems you currently have will be carried over to the next season, so you can put them toward some of the new items if you wish.

You’ll begin seeing the countdown timers in the Crown Store for the Storm Atronach Crown Crates in a couple weeks on February 21st. Once the Wild Hunt crates are available, we’ll publish an article on our website listing the items that are included in this new season.

Thanks for letting us know.
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whens the next crown pack discounts happening?
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are current crown crate items ever going to be purchasable one by one?
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up, guess I need to decide if I want to spend my gems on that one item I kind of want or not now.

Are you able (or willing I guess) to give out statistics on how well the crates system is doing vs other systems? I know this has been debated and flogged a lot at this point but the crates system really isn't consumer friendly and upsets a lot of people who just want to buy X item without jumping hoops and gambling.

Also as others have asked, do you know how often the crates will be cycled? Will they be a seasonal repeat with some item changes or will this be closer to SWTOR where sets don't return for years and items are effectively lost for purchase?

I'm really not a fan of the crates system for this reason as SWTOR has shown it really punishes those who don't have enough money to complete each seasons of crates before the next one ships.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Lore_lai
    Lore_lai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh noes.
    :trollface:
    Edited by Lore_lai on February 10, 2017 8:56AM
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    Are current crown crate items ever going to be purchasable one by one?

I would like to know this also.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    Slurg wrote: »

Remember when people were so excited about the Chub Loon and the devs were so excited about letting us buy the Chub Loon? Yeah that didn't work out so well. RIP the gold chubloons.

Remember the Chub Loon shall be my new battle cry!

So many things they get right, how could this have gone so horribly wrong? I bet all those people who got them as a consolation prize when they were gambling for storm mounts don't even appreciate them.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to know that the crown crates were successful enough to be continued. Between that and the business decision to put new content behind a new paywall, separate from the previous subscriber and crown store model, I hope you're able to milk enough from people to fund many more years of national commercials in the most expensive advertising slot in the U.S.. Our money is being well spent, to be sure.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Cheetac19
    Cheetac19
    ✭✭✭
    Bye Chub Loon :'( I'm sorry I couldn't get you, you adorable little thing </3
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL. I didn't realize the chub loon was so popular.

I bought some crates and didn't get him, but when I went to make some selections with the gems I got, I did not choose the loon. I guess I didn't appreciate his adorable cuteness enough. o:)

Now that we have houses, though, I can see he would have been ADORABLE sitting in someone's yard.
    Edited by SydneyGrey on February 11, 2017 2:30AM
  • Meathook94
    Meathook94
    ✭✭✭
    I hate the consumables, and always exchange them for gems... Other than some (not-so-good) costumes and pets I did not want, I've never won anything substantial. This is why I'm not a fan of gambling, and not hyped for the next "lottery"... lol.

Zenimax's current gambling strategy is obviously frustrating, it would be impossible for them not to know that, and yet they keep on going with it...

Know what would be cool? Stop pulling stuff from the crown store, stop with the gambling crates, make a catalog, and sell EVERYTHING ever released on it. I won't say for fair prices, because we all know how you are...
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just to clear something: During ESO live Jessica said the items will be gone for good. Thats a ton of crown crate exclusive items for sure.
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    Just to clear something: During ESO live Jessica said the items will be gone for good. Thats a ton of crown crate exclusive items for sure.

I also caught that comment from Jessica, I took it as they would not be returning .....

• Diesosoon
    Diesosoon
    ✭✭✭
    Any collectible items found in the current crates will be replaced with the new items found in the Wild Hunt crates. Essentially, this affects all items except consumables such as potions, repair kits, riding lessons, experience scrolls, etc..

Can there be a choice to keep or change????? I really want to keep my horse and skin!

~Diesosoon NA~ |Diesosoon EU|

~Guilds~ |Guilds|
    ~Hoarders Anonymous~ |Yet to be determined|
    Bum touching is the best touching
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diesosoon wrote: »
    Any collectible items found in the current crates will be replaced with the new items found in the Wild Hunt crates. Essentially, this affects all items except consumables such as potions, repair kits, riding lessons, experience scrolls, etc..

Can there be a choice to keep or change????? I really want to keep my horse and skin!

Any items you received in crates or bought with gems are permanent. They just will no longer be available in the new series of crates or purchasable with gems.
    Edited by JasonSilverSpring on February 13, 2017 5:14PM
  • Diesosoon
    Diesosoon
    ✭✭✭

Any items you received in crates or bought with gems are permanent. They just will no longer be available in the new series of crates or purchasable with gems.

I hope so, doesn't read that way to me.

~Diesosoon NA~ |Diesosoon EU|

~Guilds~ |Guilds|
    ~Hoarders Anonymous~ |Yet to be determined|
    Bum touching is the best touching
  • Jciampi
    Jciampi
    ✭✭✭
    Never realized chub loon was so popular. He was one of the first things I won in a crown crate and been using him since. XD fighting bosses against a wall and all I can see is the loon jumping happily in my view as I swing away at the boss
  • JesterH
    JesterH
    ✭✭✭

Lol what ? Ofc your items stay with you. The rage if it disapeared..
    "We Know"
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    esp1992 wrote: »
    Not too big of a fan on crown crates (Buy them now and then), But a Wild Hunt Theme... Hell Yeah!

HAIL HIRCINE!!!!
    My Characters

The wild hunt has nothing to do with hircine
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    esp1992 wrote: »

HAIL HIRCINE!!!!
    My Characters

The wild hunt has nothing to do with hircine

Untrue, according to Skyrim, as "The daedric prince Hircine is also known as the Huntsman of the Princes, and the Father of Manbeasts. He can call upon the Wild Hunt to punish those who defy him." Emphasis mine - the info is found in a loading screen.

So either Hircine sics bloodthirsty Bosmer monsters on people who annoy him, or there are two Wild Hunts - one being a transformation and the other being a literal ritualistic hunt (probably involving werewolves).

On topic: Are Wild Hunt crates the ones where everything is green and all the mounts look like deer/spriggans? The mined pictures are pretty enough, but I'm not looking forward to being disappointed by what they look like in-game. The coveted atronach mounts/transformation aren't nearly as spectacular as they were originally made out to be. Just sayin'.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.