The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Storm Atronach Crown Crates Retiring Soon

• WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would like a preview of what the Wildhunt season will have for rewards.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    Good riddance, I only wish the whole gambling box concept was being scrapped and that the actual Crown Store was getting the content.

So much this.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • esp1992
    esp1992
    ✭✭✭
    esp1992 wrote: »
    Not too big of a fan on crown crates (Buy them now and then), But a Wild Hunt Theme... Hell Yeah!

HAIL HIRCINE!!!!
    My Characters
    Naomi Darkthorn C Evil NB Beast Hunter/Poacher
    Akito of the Hunt N Good NB Beast Hunter (Werewolf)

The wild hunt has nothing to do with hircine

Ah crap...
    MY CHARACTERS

Clouse the White Warden - Breton AD MAG Warden
    Jaro the Wild Changeling - Bosmer AD STAM Warden
  • esp1992
    esp1992
    ✭✭✭
    Hanokihs wrote: »
    Not too big of a fan on crown crates (Buy them now and then), But a Wild Hunt Theme... Hell Yeah!

HAIL HIRCINE!!!!
    My Characters

Untrue, according to Skyrim, as "The daedric prince Hircine is also known as the Huntsman of the Princes, and the Father of Manbeasts. He can call upon the Wild Hunt to punish those who defy him." Emphasis mine - the info is found in a loading screen.

So either Hircine sics bloodthirsty Bosmer monsters on people who annoy him, or there are two Wild Hunts - one being a transformation and the other being a literal ritualistic hunt (probably involving werewolves).

On topic: Are Wild Hunt crates the ones where everything is green and all the mounts look like deer/spriggans? The mined pictures are pretty enough, but I'm not looking forward to being disappointed by what they look like in-game. The coveted atronach mounts/transformation aren't nearly as spectacular as they were originally made out to be. Just sayin'.

HAIL HIRCINE!!!! XD
    MY CHARACTERS

• Toorlokviing
    Toorlokviing
    ✭✭✭
    i may be aksing a bit much but i dont get paid till the 4th and im still trying to get the nixad and dragonfrog and since these will be "gone for good" can you plz extend this into the next monday? idc about storm atro mounts but i want the other goodies that i still dont have under the leg and epic rewards. there is only so much i can spend a month on this game :(
  • Purrmaid
    Purrmaid
    ✭✭
    @Toorlokviing it is likely that these things will come back, every pet and mount in the crown store is there temp. and then they get removed, and months and months later they come back for a limited time.

Nothing is gone forever. If only you're patient.

I'm looking forward to the new crates and cannot wait to see everything that is in them :)
  • Toorlokviing
    Toorlokviing
    ✭✭✭
    Purrmaid wrote: »
    @Toorlokviing it is likely that these things will come back, every pet and mount in the crown store is there temp. and then they get removed, and months and months later they come back for a limited time.

I'm looking forward to the new crates and cannot wait to see everything that is in them :)

i was told that @ZOS_JessicaFolsom said that anything in those crown crates when they rotate are gone for good...meaning we will never see them again...correct or clarify me if im wrong.
    Edited by Toorlokviing on February 20, 2017 5:51PM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Purrmaid wrote: »

i was told that @ZOS_JessicaFolsom said that anything in those crown crates when they rotate are gone for good...meaning we will never see them again...correct or clarify me if im wrong.

I suspect if they ever do come back, it will be quite some time before they do.

The ONLY items that ever returned to the Crown Store were the Limited Time black senche-panther and clouded senche-leopard (or was it the regular senche-leopard?). Regardless, none of the other items that were removed from the Crown Store or offered for a limited time have returned, EXCEPT in the Crown Crates.

Well, actually, the mind-shriven horse came back for the anniversary of the Imperial City, but it was only available as part of a special DLC bundle. Also, the "Halloween" items returned (Zombie Horse, Pumpkin Spectre, Skeleton Spectre).
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, should we buy a few crates now to exchange directly for gems (assuming that we have everything in the storm crates), so we don't waste crates on garbage we don't want next pack?
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

HAIL HIRCINE!!!!
    My Characters

Untrue, according to Skyrim, as "The daedric prince Hircine is also known as the Huntsman of the Princes, and the Father of Manbeasts. He can call upon the Wild Hunt to punish those who defy him." Emphasis mine - the info is found in a loading screen.

So either Hircine sics bloodthirsty Bosmer monsters on people who annoy him, or there are two Wild Hunts - one being a transformation and the other being a literal ritualistic hunt (probably involving werewolves).

On topic: Are Wild Hunt crates the ones where everything is green and all the mounts look like deer/spriggans? The mined pictures are pretty enough, but I'm not looking forward to being disappointed by what they look like in-game. The coveted atronach mounts/transformation aren't nearly as spectacular as they were originally made out to be. Just sayin'.

HAIL HIRCINE!!!! XD

You mean Hail Y'ffre? Because the Wild Hunt has nothing to do with Hircine. I'm sure he's a fan, but it doesn't touch his realm or influence.
    Edited by Reverb on February 21, 2017 1:07PM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't wait to drop another $100 on the new mounts lego.

Ok seriously I probably won't this time around lol
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget; all of the costumes and other non-tradable items are going to be new as well and the new apex reward mounts.

So people who buy the crates will have to get all the new stuff before they get duplicates they can trade items they don't want for gems.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

HAIL HIRCINE!!!!
    My Characters

I think they're trying to retcon that, to get rid of the confusion. Hircine's one is now more commonly called the "Great Hunt".
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »
    Don't forget; all of the costumes and other non-tradable items are going to be new as well and the new apex reward mounts.

I wouldn't say 100% new. I'd say a few costumes from the retired 3-packs will return, as well as at least one retired mount. Woodland Scouts and Black Bear? Hmmm...

signing off
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    I'd say a few costumes from the retired 3-packs will return, as well as at least one retired mount. Woodland Scouts and Black Bear? Hmmm...
    I would LOVE to see the black bear return. They should replace the brown bear in the store with the black one. I also want the return of that black-and-white bear (the "masked bear"). I want both of those badly.

• esp1992
    esp1992
    ✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Acrolas wrote: »
    I'd say a few costumes from the retired 3-packs will return, as well as at least one retired mount. Woodland Scouts and Black Bear? Hmmm...
    I would LOVE to see the black bear return. They should replace the brown bear in the store with the black one. I also want the return of that black-and-white bear (the "masked bear"). I want both of those badly.

I also want that Black Camel come back, I wanted to name him Smokey! XD
    MY CHARACTERS

• Legoless
    Legoless
    ✭✭✭✭

HAIL HIRCINE!!!!
    My Characters

@Hanokihs There are two Wild Hunts, one is Hircine's and one is Bosmeri. This is the Bosmer Wild Hunt.
  • esp1992
    esp1992
    ✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »

HAIL HIRCINE!!!!
    My Characters

HAIL HIRCINE!!!! XD

You mean Hail Y'ffre? Because the Wild Hunt has nothing to do with Hircine. I'm sure he's a fan, but it doesn't touch his realm or influence.

PRAISE Y'FFRE THEN!!!! XD
    MY CHARACTERS

• Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Legoless wrote: »

HAIL HIRCINE!!!!
    My Characters

@Hanokihs There are two Wild Hunts, one is Hircine's and one is Bosmeri. This is the Bosmer Wild Hunt.

Technically, the Bosmer could be connected to Hircine in some way; maybe a cult of them started following him and, as of 4E, their Wild Hunt became synonymous with his habit of turning people into beast-folk. To races/cultures on the outside looking in, I can see how the two rituals could become entwined.

Granted, I really only say this because the Wild Hunt crates seem to have items based on spriggans, and Kynareth isn't in the Bosmer pantheon, either. So I have no idea at all why they're named that in the first place. I mean, sure, nature. I get that. But these creatures are specifically tied to Kynareth's wrath; they're not miscellaneous tree-monsters that exist because the forest got angry at some point.

@Enodoc probably has the right of it: someone on the lore team for Skyrim goofed.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slurg wrote: »
    I am so not looking forward to seeing the list of new non-themed items that will be going straight into the crates instead of being made available for direct purchase. I hope it's nothing I wanted this time (chub loon :( ). Will these things ever be made available for people who would rather just buy them than gamble for a chance to win them?

To anyone who cares about the crates, you can also see in your collections list right now (on PC) the items that were retired from the crown store in order to fill the new crates, if you had purchased them before.

good question.

hope we get an answer someday.

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have these gone yet?

I saw it was only a few hours last night but forgot the actual timer.

I want to know what's in the new crates.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you guys are going to be buying the new Wild Hunt crates, please contribute to my crowd-sourced drop rate spreadsheet! It's similar to the one I did for the Storm Atronach Crates, but this time you'll need to input each crate separately via a Google Form. Details here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/326106/wild-hunt-crown-crate-drop-rates

Turelus wrote: »
    Have these gone yet?
    I think it'll be some time around 10 AM EST.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    If you guys are going to be buying the new Wild Hunt crates, please contribute to my crowd-sourced drop rate spreadsheet! It's similar to the one I did for the Storm Atronach Crates, but this time you'll need to input each crate separately via a Google Form. Details here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/326106/wild-hunt-crown-crate-drop-rates

Turelus wrote: »
    Have these gone yet?
    I think it'll be some time around 10 AM EST.

Thanks Enodoc and if I pick these up I will make sure to add to the data.
    It's mainly going to depend what other items are in the packs, as I don't really care for the mounts this time, which is why I find this BoP/Gems for duplicates only system annoying.

I'll pass the information on to any friends I know opening crates as well.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • teladoy
    teladoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When they will be available again?????????????????