Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Maelstrom Arena does not need to be nerfed

• QahnaarinDynar
    QahnaarinDynar
    ✭✭✭
    I suck at vMA and I'm quite happy to admit it, and given that I'd also like to say I fully agree with you. It does NOT need any kind of nerfing. Especially not because of those Maelstrom weapons, which thank heavens are BoP. The whole reason I want to learn to do it properly is so that I can earn a reward worthy of rising to the challenge and actually succeeding.

It is entirely an L2P issue, and that's precisely what separates the good players from the bad. Normal vMA is already so easy that I can finish it in 25 mins without dying, it doesn't even compare to a single minute of doing it on Vet. Normal actually feels yucky to me compared to the vet mode.
    Guildmaster of Amaraldane Arpen Nenalata

PC/NA - Trueflame

One zerg to rule them all, one zerg to find them. One zerg to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Of course it doesn't, I was having trouble with finishing it, rolled a Stamsorc..... Easy mode ;)
  • Kothenbeutel
    Kothenbeutel
    Soul Shriven
    I am in the process of L2P vMA. Im enjoying the grind to get my build just right and am real close to getting through nMA with no deaths. im running a MagDK and am not quite used to "letting things burn" as i rolled a StamBlade through 500cp before creating my DK. I hope they dont nerf VMA (at least until i complete it and farm it a couple times)...
    PS4 NA - Online name: DuhWob
    Stamblade - Bow/2H - #1 - 30K+ dps
    MagSorc - Destro/Resto - PVP
    MagPlar - SB/SB - Dungeon/Trials Tank/Healer
    MagDK - Destro/Resto - VMA
  • ilmyy
    ilmyy
    I agree with you
    I think Vma should be harder though
  • Solidsnake993
    Solidsnake993
    ✭✭✭
    ilmyy wrote: »
    I agree with you

I think it's fine the way it is. If you want to make it harder I don't that this game can handle it due to all the QQ's on the forums.
    pod88kk wrote: »
    Of course it doesn't, I was having trouble with finishing it, rolled a Stamsorc..... Easy mode ;)

I don't even waste my freaking time with my nightblade anymore in PvE. They are straight of garbage outside of ganking. They do not excel at any other content in this game and I get very angry when people who have never played a nightblade before call them OP, because they aren't. They are garbage and yes I am hating on this class because I have played nightblade for over a year now as my one and only character, didn't play anything else until 4 months ago when I just got bored of playing one character. So I make a magsorc, get it to 50, don't play it after a while. Made a Templar, way too lazy to put my build together because of this rng drop rate. But when it is together I will have 40k magicka, 3000 recovery, 4k spell damage, 30k resistance, and about 30k health. Until then, I don't play it. Then I made a stamsorc. After I made my stamsorc I pretty much retired from my nightblade. I can't do this anymore. Nightblade is the 2nd weakest class in the game because they are incapable of taking any damage and they have bad self heals. I don;t care about what you can tell me to do because I have done all of that already and it doesn't seem to matter if I'm playing a burst build with bad recovery but good damage, good recovery bad damage bad heals. I hate the people that are responsible for "balancing" classes. I've seen a freaking stamdk have 24k vigor over 5 seconds, the highest I can get mine is 15k with 4k damage and 37k stamina pool.

With that said, my trials group leader on the psn told me that I cannot play with them anymore if I don't play my stamsorc if stamina dps. The next day he said the only 2 people that kept dying in the group are nightblades and there were 2 of them. People are so ignorant when they say that every class is strong in its own way. Way you got certain classes that can reliably tackle content in the game instead of this "level of skill bs", they need to just shut up because they don't realize how stupid they make themselves look. We shouldn't have to deal with class imbalance just because of these types of excuses.
    I suck at vMA and I'm quite happy to admit it, and given that I'd also like to say I fully agree with you. It does NOT need any kind of nerfing. Especially not because of those Maelstrom weapons, which thank heavens are BoP. The whole reason I want to learn to do it properly is so that I can earn a reward worthy of rising to the challenge and actually succeeding.

It is entirely an L2P issue, and that's precisely what separates the good players from the bad. Normal vMA is already so easy that I can finish it in 25 mins without dying, it doesn't even compare to a single minute of doing it on Vet. Normal actually feels yucky to me compared to the vet mode.

Make a stamsorc. Do not do what I did. I wasted a vast amount of time trying to get this done because I wanted to "rely on my own skill level". Skill level doesn't cut it when you are playing a class that cannot do certain things. It does exist, but to be honest with you I rarely see any skill in this game anymore.
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    ilmyy wrote: »
    I agree with you

I think it's fine the way it is. If you want to make it harder I don't that this game can handle it due to all the QQ's on the forums.
    pod88kk wrote: »

I don't even waste my freaking time with my nightblade anymore in PvE. They are straight of garbage outside of ganking. They do not excel at any other content in this game and I get very angry when people who have never played a nightblade before call them OP, because they aren't. They are garbage and yes I am hating on this class because I have played nightblade for over a year now as my one and only character, didn't play anything else until 4 months ago when I just got bored of playing one character. So I make a magsorc, get it to 50, don't play it after a while. Made a Templar, way too lazy to put my build together because of this rng drop rate. But when it is together I will have 40k magicka, 3000 recovery, 4k spell damage, 30k resistance, and about 30k health. Until then, I don't play it. Then I made a stamsorc. After I made my stamsorc I pretty much retired from my nightblade. I can't do this anymore. Nightblade is the 2nd weakest class in the game because they are incapable of taking any damage and they have bad self heals. I don;t care about what you can tell me to do because I have done all of that already and it doesn't seem to matter if I'm playing a burst build with bad recovery but good damage, good recovery bad damage bad heals. I hate the people that are responsible for "balancing" classes. I've seen a freaking stamdk have 24k vigor over 5 seconds, the highest I can get mine is 15k with 4k damage and 37k stamina pool.

With that said, my trials group leader on the psn told me that I cannot play with them anymore if I don't play my stamsorc if stamina dps. The next day he said the only 2 people that kept dying in the group are nightblades and there were 2 of them. People are so ignorant when they say that every class is strong in its own way. Way you got certain classes that can reliably tackle content in the game instead of this "level of skill bs", they need to just shut up because they don't realize how stupid they make themselves look. We shouldn't have to deal with class imbalance just because of these types of excuses.

Make a stamsorc. Do not do what I did. I wasted a vast amount of time trying to get this done because I wanted to "rely on my own skill level". Skill level doesn't cut it when you are playing a class that cannot do certain things. It does exist, but to be honest with you I rarely see any skill in this game anymore.

I'd like to disagree with you if I may.

Yes Stam sorc is amazing in vMA hands down don't deny it what so ever.

However my Stam NB... hits like a harder truck in vMA hence things die quicker...

Plus you do have to keep in mind if you time sigils defensive/healing sigil at the right moments you can mitigate 90% of this entire arena... I still think that fact blows peoples minds.

Any Stam class is more than fine and easy to accomplish even just with vigor (it's hard but achievable)
    I wish I could comment more on Magicka classes in vMA but all I've done it on is my mag sorc..

I think a lot of your information is some what accurate but 50% isn't and I think it does come down to experience.

Luke
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648