Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

What happend with refining temper RNG??

HEMNX
HEMNX
Normally I get 4/5 tempers/rubi ash from 1000 nodes.

Lately I harvested 1800 rubedite ores, and today after refining them I only got 2 Temper alloy's ..??.. Also refined 1200 sanded rubi ash and got 1 rosin.. :/:( °°° :s
Is this nerfed after update 13?

• RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just bad luck on RNG I would guess.

I collected all my surveys yesterday and refined a few thousand of each raw mat. I was still getting about one gold temper per 200, sometimes more, sometimes less. It seemed to me that the drop rate hadn't changed.
    PC EU
  • Dr_Rektar
    Dr_Rektar
    ✭✭✭
    This rng was always strange. Remember i got 2 tempers from 1500 ore month or two ago
    Engine guardian - best set ever
  • HEMNX
    HEMNX
    Ah, random not a thing generator this time Ø
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to ask, were you getting much in the way of any Green, Blue or Purple Tempers during this refine process? If not, try this in the future. If you refine 3 stacks and get no tempers quit the station. Go to another one and try again. I have noticed that on some sessions, I get a good supply of tempers and some sessions I get little in the way of any tempers. I get Golds more often if I am getting Tempers of any kind consistently.

I also tend to quit the station if I get a Gold and go to the next one (cloth to metal etc)
    Edited by Nestor on February 8, 2017 4:25PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• HEMNX
    HEMNX
    Nestor wrote: »
    I have to ask, were you getting much in the way of any Green, Blue or Purple Tempers during this refine process? If not, try this in the future. If you refine 3 stacks and get no tempers quit the station. Go to another one and try again. I have noticed that on some sessions, I get a good supply of tempers and some sessions I get little in the way of any tempers. I get Golds more often if I am getting Tempers of any kind consistently.

I also tend to quit the station if I get a Gold and go to the next one (cloth to metal etc)

Thanks, I got also less green blue purple than normal, so im going to try your method the next time.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two weeks ago in PTS refining 27000 mats gave the usual 5% goldens. I have not yet tried in live after housing update.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HEMNX wrote: »

Thanks, I got also less green blue purple than normal, so im going to try your method the next time.

I don't think my method really changes the Gold Temper rate over a large population. But I have refined 400 to 500 raws and gotten bupkes for Tempers for the whole session. Of course I have refined 400 to 500 and gotten a bunch of Greens, Blues and Purples and maybe 1 Gold. But, at least I was getting something.

I also don't know if I am doing myself any favors by quiting the station after I get a Gold, that might be counter productive. But, I will never really know, will I?

Edited by Nestor on February 8, 2017 10:52PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I tend not to continue refining if I have no luck after refining about 150-200 raw materials. I just stop and will have another go in a few days time.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • oibam
    oibam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's 0,5% chance. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

If you throw a dice 6 times: Would you really be surprised if you threw 1, 2, 2, 5, 6, 4 ? Would you call the manufactorer and complain about your dice being broken, because it gave you no 3?
  • AlphaAbsol
    AlphaAbsol
    ✭✭
    Just bad luck. I for one have noticed more drops :P
  • HEMNX
    HEMNX
    oibam wrote: »

If you throw a dice 6 times: Would you really be surprised if you threw 1, 2, 2, 5, 6, 4 ? Would you call the manufactorer and complain about your dice being broken, because it gave you no 3?

Yes I will call the manufacturer and complain for half an hour. ;)
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got 3 from a 200 stack today. It's all in the wrist.
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

It is true, there are long breaks between getting tempers, and sometimes the breaks take up 1k-1.5k raw materials and give you only 2 citrine & 3 green poop.

I can't do what you do though, I have too many mats to refine to be able to take "breaks" ...I set an addon to do the job and go bother with my cup of coffee.
  • psxfloh
    psxfloh
    ✭✭✭✭
    oibam wrote: »

no, because no one expects the manufacturer to have an eye on the dice rolls and if you're happy with the results.

In MMOs it would be a nice addition, and improve customer satisfaction, if the chances increased after every unsuccessful attempt. Things like that can and have already been done.
    Imagine this on item drops, too, increasing your chances for items/traits that did not drop for your character yet (like the sharpened inferno from vma or the bsw set)! ;)