The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Bug] SubSampling Quality setting isnt working in Homestead

Juhasow
Juhasow
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Like in the title after Homestead update SubSampling Quality setting is not working and it always show high subsampling in the game no matter which option I'll choose in settings. On my laptop playing on high textutes is impossible. Is this known issue? If yes when it will be fixed and if not soon can i have money for my ESO+ back ? @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Bislobo
    Bislobo
    ✭✭✭
    This is also happening to me... At the moment, low, med, or high settings look exactly the same. With my pc specs is highly required to be able to set SubSampling on medium, it's a nightmare to try to play without this option. I will not be able to play at all until they fixed this issue.
    Redguard Dragonknight - Bislobo
    Orc Nightblade - Bislobø
    Redguard Sorcerer - Bisłobo
    Imperial Templar - Bíslobo
    Altmer Sorcerer - Bisløbo
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bislobo wrote: »
    This is also happening to me... At the moment, low, med, or high settings look exactly the same. With my pc specs is highly required to be able to set SubSampling on medium, it's a nightmare to try to play without this option. I will not be able to play at all until they fixed this issue.

Same here. Trials , dungeons and PvP is dead for me without setting subsampling on medium/low.
  • gddanielb16_ESO
    Same issue here.
    - Shut off all addons
    - Manually adjusted the usersetting.txt document: SET SUB_SAMPLING "0" was set to 1 and 2 to reflect the three settings (Low Medium High). The ESC settings changed, but the on-screen graphics quality remained "high"
    - even updated NVidia graphics driver
    This is indeed game breaking for me. FPS was 20 before ... now 7 ... until I move.
    Please look at this as soon as possible.
  • Mulcibur
    Mulcibur
    ✭✭✭
    Same issue here. This was present on PTS as well. Low setting doesn't actually set it to low.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by Mulcibur on February 7, 2017 9:57AM
  • Bislobo
    Bislobo
    ✭✭✭
    This is really an important issue for a large part of your playerbase, some can't enjoy the new patch without those options.
    Orc Nightblade - Bislobø
  • Mulcibur
    Mulcibur
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Please get this looked into ASAP. Hopefully it's an easy hotfix
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    If more people would've been on the PTS, this would have been a bigger issue and maybe it would've been fixed before. I had it there already, made a thread about it, nearly no-one replied and now everyone rages because it carried over to live :D
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/315673/cant-lower-subsampling-on-the-pts#latest
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Masel92 wrote: »
    If more people would've been on the PTS, this would have been a bigger issue and maybe it would've been fixed before. I had it there already, made a thread about it, nearly no-one replied and now everyone rages because it carried over to live :D
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/315673/cant-lower-subsampling-on-the-pts#latest

Yeah I must admit that now I regreat a lot that I didnt announced that issue earlier 1st time i mentioned it like 1 week ago and it was on PTS since day 1 of Homestead. I was thinking that issue is so obvious and easy to detect everyone in Zenimax will notice it and fix it. I was wrong....
  • Mulcibur
    Mulcibur
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Can we get confirmation that this is being looked into please?
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi folks,

Sorry for the delay on responding to this. We've been chasing it since we saw it surface yesterday. We're digging into some additional info and hope to have more details for you soon.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • tunepunk
    tunepunk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same issue here. Can't change screen resolution. Only the native screen resolution listed, and subsampling quality has no effect. Playing on a Surface Pro 4. i5
  • SanSan
    SanSan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah this is annoying af.
    With my crappy laptop i can't play this game on high settings.
  • BoromirWolfsBane
    BoromirWolfsBane
    Soul Shriven
    Since yesterday im still having a problem with just getting my launcher to even open and i've literally tried everything there is to try from re-installing twice to trying to set myself as admin through game properties as suggested and still nothing. When i went back into the files through steam eso properties i did have an odd document bethesda.net_launcher.exe._locked pop up and there is literally no way i can unlock it.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi folks,

Sorry for the delay on responding to this. We've been chasing it since we saw it surface yesterday. We're digging into some additional info and hope to have more details for you soon.

Ehhh..atleast finally we get some info now. Thank You for responding @ZOS_JessicaFolsom , that gives atleast some hope to people with low spec computer that we'll maybe play again in this game soon. Any idea how long it can take before it'll be chased and fixed ? I mean this week or next or end of the month ?
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3776201#Comment_3776201

This is a massive issue that renders a large amount of players useless until fixed. Hope not many have eso plus memberships just ticking away like I do :(
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe if I say I was really hoping to buy every single house/item in the crown store that might expedite the process...
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi folks,

Are you sure you guys read all the PTS forums? This was first seen as an issue on January 22.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Bislobo
    Bislobo
    ✭✭✭
    Hope we get news soon. Been trying to mess with all my settings, but none does the job. SubSampling is my way to be able to play on my potato.
    Orc Nightblade - Bislobø
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Are you sure you guys read all the PTS forums? This was first seen as an issue on January 22.

Agree. And the bug itself was present since Homestead release on PTS.
  • MakoFore
    MakoFore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    right now this game is unplayable for me. I've run the game on low settings since i have the misfortune of playing off a macbook pro. but with the inability to switch settings- I'm 'playing' at 10fps and 450 pings.

this is unacceptable- the game is totally unplayable. its not just this update- the game has gotten progressively worse with each update. a year ago i could run the game on high- and perhaps medium if i wanted to do a trial . with the increasing population , merging of instances- and failure to update servers to accomodate this- the game is a laggy mess. unless u have a top end gaming rig- this isn't worth it anymore.

sorry to be so frustrated- but i was at the end of a long alliance campaign- (anyone who has had an emp push knows the hours it takes) and as it s about to end tonight. to not be able to play on the last day..- its just boiling me over man...
  • SpearofBitterMercy
    SpearofBitterMercy
    ✭✭✭
    this is unacceptable.
  • kylerjalen
    kylerjalen
    ✭✭✭
    This is completely unacceptable.
    I've also noticed that many of those who have the same problems are those who are playing on laptops which is currently what I am on as well. I simply cannot fork out the cash to buy a new computer just to play this.
  • MakoFore
    MakoFore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i put in a week on this campaign , hundreds of thousands gold on repair kits, sieges, we had planned to close it tonight, my giuldmates and I actually hold top 3 spots on Emp leaderboards. now we can't close it out. entering cyrodil is entering a freaking embarrassing gaming nightmare, where everyone thinks u want to be crit rushing a door...
    I even went to the local gaming cafe -forked out the money to at least play with my guild, guess what- the game launcher decided to uninstall itself at that location. I wasn t going to sit thru another install. the owner simply said "yeah - that games a mess- thats why noone plays it.." i had to agree as i watched others play Dota, LOL - seamlessly with people around the world. no load times, no interruptions.

week wasted....

p.s. : to add insult to injury- i tried - tried to play. when i got home. got ganked by a player in cloak.. all fair and dandy- except the player was a DK, using talons and claws, and was clearly not running a potion as he stood over my dead body for a few minutes...invisible.
    do u guy test this game or what? pls fix something before u expand- i dont need a new homestead, a new class, a new trial- what I NEED is a game that works ....triggered..
    Edited by MakoFore on February 8, 2017 8:35AM
  • Molec
    Molec
    ✭✭✭
    MakoFore wrote: »
    i put in a week on this campaign , hundreds of thousands gold on repair kits, sieges, we had planned to close it tonight, my giuldmates and I actually hold top 3 spots on Emp leaderboards. now we can't close it out. entering cyrodil is entering a freaking embarrassing gaming nightmare, where everyone thinks u want to be crit rushing a door...
    I even went to the local gaming cafe -forked out the money to at least play with my guild, guess what- the game launcher decided to uninstall itself at that location. I wasn t going to sit thru another install. the owner simply said "yeah - that games a mess- thats why noone plays it.." i had to agree as i watched others play Dota, LOL - seamlessly with people around the world. no load times, no interruptions.

week wasted....

p.s. : to add insult to injury- i tried - tried to play. when i got home. got ganked by a player in cloak.. all fair and dandy- except the player was a DK, using talons and claws, and was clearly not running a potion as he stood over my dead body for a few minutes...invisible.
    do u guy test this game or what? pls fix something before u expand- i dont need a new homestead, a new class, a new trial- what I NEED is a game that works ....triggered..

Go into sneak and you will also vanish (to enemy players) if you're not taking any damage!
    PC-EU 666cp+

Molec - Dunmer Magika Sorc
    Lucius Bal - Altmer Magika DK
    Avborh - Breton Magika Templar
    Skorun - Altmer Magika NB
    Darum-Zar - Khajiit Stamina DK
    Nephi Dagon - Argonian Mag Templar
    Warden of Red Mountain - Bosmer Stamina Warden
    Warden of Dagoth-Ur - Altmer Magika Warden

George Carlin — "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone,

The SubSampling Quality setting is being fixed so that you can adjust it to a medium or low setting again. We're aiming to include the fix in next week's incremental patch.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic. So everyone that cannot currently play due to this issue can sit idly by and hope that MAYBE there will be a fix next week. LOL! Honestly though, I cannot do pledges or anything combat related... Although I can still eff around in my house, which isn't too bad. I hope you guys realize this affects a large amount of your player base... Please please please try to pay attention to the feedback given in the pts forums!!! This was found, reported and responded to by multiple players @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/315673/cant-lower-subsampling-on-the-pts#latest

Please try to listen to the feedback the community is giving you, that is what the pts is for.
  • MakoFore
    MakoFore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    great...wait...

NEXT WEEK!!?!?!??!?

this is ridiculous it really is. a large portion of your community cannot play the game and u dont even hot fix it- u roll it out at the next maintenance...

are u guys kidding me?
    no apology, no announcement, not even a measly crown, no compensation?1?!?
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shadzilla wrote: »
    Fantastic. So everyone that cannot currently play due to this issue can sit idly by and hope that MAYBE there will be a fix next week. LOL! Honestly though, I cannot do pledges or anything combat related... Although I can still eff around in my house, which isn't too bad. I hope you guys realize this affects a large amount of your player base... Please please please try to pay attention to the feedback given in the pts forums!!! This was found, reported and responded to by multiple players @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/315673/cant-lower-subsampling-on-the-pts#latest

Please try to listen to the feedback the community is giving you, that is what the pts is for.

They listened. But a couple of low end computer users arent going to stop this money train! They cant even afford a decent computer, they surely cant be buying many crowns!
  • MakoFore
    MakoFore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shadzilla wrote: »

They listened. But a couple of low end computer users arent going to stop this money train! They cant even afford a decent computer, they surely cant be buying many crowns!

you're right- you're absolutely right. thats exactly how i feel right now- like the customer who got overlooked .
    great company you got here Zos- real top notch customer service and tech support. treats everyone well.
    basically can't do anything for a week but collect sky shards on my alts.

heres the thing though- what makes a good restaurant? sure the food is vital- but what keeps people coming back is the service. you guys have really alot of work to do in that department.
    Edited by MakoFore on February 9, 2017 12:36AM
  • SpearofBitterMercy
    SpearofBitterMercy
    ✭✭✭
    next week, what the hell.