The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Homestead: There are legit brothels being formed

• Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    That rating holds no power. Retailers dont enforce it and kids will get what they want even if they have to drag their "just turned 18" older sister to Gamestop to buy it.

Not to mention that rating doesnt give you free excuse to do whatever you want. You are bound under ZOS' terms and rules.

Absolutely. These guilds aren't adding nudity into the game though. They're just roleplaying within the rules. And by the same justification, just because some kids will play mature games doesn't mean all games should be downgraded to child-friendly.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darkstorne wrote: »
    Do I have to keep reminding people how many children and pre teens and teenagers play this game alongside older people??? That person you're talking dirty to on TS for gold could be a child and you could be committing a felony. A 15 year old may say they're 18 and a 13 year old may say they're 17...so I hope you think about that the next time you see that happening. Sex abuse is real and happening and we have a responsibility as a community to give a f***. If no one else will, I will proudly give a f***.

pedobear-busted-by-chris-hansen.jpg

Seriously? While you're at it, why not argue that GTA should be banned because it's appalling for kids. CoD too, and you'll have a hat-trick.

1fe9544a2048141853d67fd5e3ae0e15.png

Your point proves what?

That it's a game for mature players. If you want to assume anyone and everyone could be a 13 year old pretending to be older, then go ahead. That small percentage of the playerbase (and hopefully they're parents too) know what they're getting involved in, so I'll stick to treating it like the mature game it's rated as thanks.

Simplifying the problem down to just being status quo to assume everyone is mature enough for the game is willful ignorance. Have you never used teamspeak or been in a guild? There are so many preteens and teens. Playing ostrich and hiding your head in the sand about it doesn't resolve the problem.

Do you know how many times as a woman I've been asked to send nudes? To men who don't ask my age? Probably atleast 5 times in the past 2 years. I'm 30 and I can't imagine what it would be like for an attention-hungry teen or preteen girl, or boy, who is promised gold or in game items for cam or chat or nudes. We don't need to promote sexual exchanges between players, you can color it with whatever brush you want to, we should protect each other, sheesh.

Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do I have to keep reminding people how many children and pre teens and teenagers play this game alongside older people??? That person you're talking dirty to on TS for gold could be a child and you could be committing a felony. A 15 year old may say they're 18 and a 13 year old may say they're 17...so I hope you think about that the next time you see that happening. Sex abuse is real and happening and we have a responsibility as a community to give a f***. If no one else will, I will proudly give a f***.

There are at least two ways in which the bolded sentences could be interpreted...

All of which along with the rest of the thread leads me to conclude that the sooner this topic disappears, the better.
  • milkbox
    milkbox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xellink wrote: »
    Messy1 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, a lot more than that can go on in game, just think of "sexting" or get creative with how you do some of the emotes, then there are other suggestive costumes. As a RP'er in the game we know the inns where certain "circles" of players ERP. Also if you go to Rwalka, not only is it a bustling hub of trade, but it's also a bustling hub of prostitution.

Whats the codeword? For research purposes.

Sometimes, when I'm farming in a random zone, I see people asking for set pieces that don't exist.

Like: "Looking for Hand of Glory set. Paying well. PM".

It's a dark alley I wouldn't go down, but it amuses me when I see it.
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

pedobear-busted-by-chris-hansen.jpg

Seriously? While you're at it, why not argue that GTA should be banned because it's appalling for kids. CoD too, and you'll have a hat-trick.

1fe9544a2048141853d67fd5e3ae0e15.png

Your point proves what?

That it's a game for mature players. If you want to assume anyone and everyone could be a 13 year old pretending to be older, then go ahead. That small percentage of the playerbase (and hopefully they're parents too) know what they're getting involved in, so I'll stick to treating it like the mature game it's rated as thanks.

Simplifying the problem down to just being status quo to assume everyone is mature enough for the game is willful ignorance. Have you never used teamspeak or been in a guild? There are so many preteens and teens. Playing ostrich and hiding your head in the sand about it doesn't resolve the problem.

Do you know how many times as a woman I've been asked to send nudes? To men who don't ask my age? Probably atleast 5 times in the past 2 years. I'm 30 and I can't imagine what it would be like for an attention-hungry teen or preteen girl, or boy, who is promised gold or in game items for cam or chat or nudes. We don't need to promote sexual exchanges between players, you can color it with whatever brush you want to, we should protect each other, sheesh.

Yeah, my first MMO was Lineage 2, and I played with my best friend and his 16 year old girlfriend. She never went more than a week without getting creepy messages, requests for photos, and even one guy who professed his love for her and announced he'd bought two plane tickets so they could fly away together (complete nutter). But the vast majority of people in our guild, and in the game in general, were normal human beings. She always had support, and most importantly she knew what the risks were in playing a mature rated game. She could have quit at any time if it bothered her, and reporting tools are there for a reason.

I'm not saying I endorse creepiness like that. But I'm also not saying everyone should be treated as guilty unless proven otherwise and we should all limit our fun just in case.
    Edited by Darkstorne on February 5, 2017 4:41PM
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sausage wrote: »
    Brothels should have been included in ESO always. Its just stupid to think prostitutes didnt exist in Tamriel.

Clearly you've never been to Ebonheart. Tip: go talk to the NPCs in the Ebony Flask.

Oh, I know the secret society of BDSM over there.

This goes slightly off-topic but in Skyrim there was torturing, why cant we have that in ESO. I simply cant understand why all the good stuff was removed. ESO has a crush on WoW?
    Edited by Sausage on February 5, 2017 4:43PM
  • RoyalPink06
    RoyalPink06
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »
    Someone was advertising in zone the other night. I think it was 10k for a 5 minute ERP session guaranteed to get you off or half your money back.

He was good, but not that good. ... I mean, I have never been so offended in my life. As if I would ever use a service like that.

:lol:

And LOL at this entire thread. Light-hearted humour is the best.
    NA PS4
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Since the game is clearly marked "M" for mature (meaning 17+), it is entirely the parents' responsibility to parent their child and make sure they aren't exposed to inappropriate content.
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tabbycat wrote: »
    Since the game is clearly marked "M" for mature (meaning 17+), it is entirely the parents' responsibility to parent their child and make sure they aren't exposed to inappropriate content.

Yeah next we'll see legit nude mods woo, and then if we don't watch out this will rule us all !

icon_teemo_by_merieth-dau8ybm.jpg
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ALSO: The scuttlebutt is that the reason they made the character limits for housing the way they are is because of the performance issues for the lowest specced PCs/Consoles so that if all 24 people decided to pair off and have 12 separate duel at the same time, the performance wouldn't suffer.

I call BS. Houses and their outside areas are instanced.
    Nothing happening in there has any effect on the players in that general zone.
    shades.gif
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are Orcs welcome?
  • Balamoor
    Balamoor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issues are not with virtual brothels.

It's the people stupid enough to be part of it .
  • Molydeus
    Molydeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brothels should have been included in ESO always. Its just stupid to think prostitutes didnt exist in Tamriel. This is something what ES-series should learn from Witcher and Game of Thrones, imho.

It's not stupid at all when you consider Bethesda's stance against nudity and sex in general in every TES game to date. They made the decision a long time ago that it isn't what they want in TES. You know how it goes in the US, everyone lords over decapitations, eye gouging and lots of other graphic content, but show some side boob and all hell breaks loose.

Yes, this country has its priorities backwards. MMA is glorified, shows like CSI featuring corpses and graphic murder are all the rage, and a *** at half-time during the Super Bowl makes soccer moms raise hell and the government fines everyone.
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Brothel on ESO lol pathetic some of you need to go out more
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Molydeus wrote: »
    Brothels should have been included in ESO always. Its just stupid to think prostitutes didnt exist in Tamriel. This is something what ES-series should learn from Witcher and Game of Thrones, imho.

It's not stupid at all when you consider Bethesda's stance against nudity and sex in general in every TES game to date. They made the decision a long time ago that it isn't what they want in TES. You know how it goes in the US, everyone lords over decapitations, eye gouging and lots of other graphic content, but show some side boob and all hell breaks loose.

Yes, this country has its priorities backwards. MMA is glorified, shows like CSI featuring corpses and graphic murder are all the rage, and a *** at half-time during the Super Bowl makes soccer moms raise hell and the government fines everyone.

Well, to paraphrase Helen Lovejoy, someone has to think of the children... B)
    Edited by Cadbury on February 5, 2017 6:19PM
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Society should not be celebrating madams as champion's of women's rights. They became rich and influential themselves, at the expense of the actual prostitutes they were pimping out.

In ESO, women have several dozen professions that weren't even available to the real-world women who turned to prostitution for economic gain. Probably the best argument against prostitution in ESO is that you don't have to. A woman can be a smith or a mercenary, a mage, a soldier, or a banker, or an artifact hunter. Nothing is holding a woman in Tamriel back from a free and prosperous life. Except, ironically, prosperous gear drops.

So the other shoe drops. It always seems to come back to certain avenues of men trying to both exploit and gatekeep that which they cannot possibly understand. Which is the far more sinister role-play.
    signing off
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Molydeus
    Molydeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Really? *** is a censored word?

LOL
  • Myyth
    Myyth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well a girl has to afford to furnish her home somehow!

Furniture ain't cheap!
    Edited by Myyth on February 5, 2017 8:24PM
  • willlienellson
    willlienellson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO Player: Offended at the concept of a brothel.......Rapes corpes in PvP constantly.
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lusty Argonian maids at it again
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Who gives a ****?

I give a **** BECAUSE, 1) It's an interesting development 2) It's scandalous and everyone loves a scandal 3) I'm not saying I'm opposed to it even though I suggested that those who run brothels be subject to Justice system stuff 4) It makes the game more interesting

So this was just a chance for you to beat a dead horse some more? Also I take it you havent been to Ebonheart or the Outlaws Refuge in Windhelm? Brothels and prostitutes already exist in the game.
    Edited by Korah_Eaglecry on February 5, 2017 10:12PM
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Hamfast
    Hamfast
    ✭✭✭✭
    Who gives a ****?

Nobody, but to sell one is something else...
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most...
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 word
    Goldshire
  • Molydeus
    Molydeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    Society should not be celebrating madams as champion's of women's rights. They became rich and influential themselves, at the expense of the actual prostitutes they were pimping out.

So the other shoe drops. It always seems to come back to certain avenues of men trying to both exploit and gatekeep that which they cannot possibly understand. Which is the far more sinister role-play.

Lmao, wut? Read much feminist tripe?
  • LadyLavina
    LadyLavina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as opposed to an illegitimate brothel? Those are the ones you want to be in. Lusty Argonian Maids and such.
    PC - NA @LadyLavina 1800+ CP PvP Tank and PvP Healer
  • Messy1
    Messy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who gives a ****?

I give a **** BECAUSE, 1) It's an interesting development 2) It's scandalous and everyone loves a scandal 3) I'm not saying I'm opposed to it even though I suggested that those who run brothels be subject to Justice system stuff 4) It makes the game more interesting

So this was just a chance for you to beat a dead horse some more? Also I take it you havent been to Ebonheart or the Outlaws Refuge in Windhelm? Brothels and prostitutes already exist in the game.

I could name several other places where prostitution occurs as well in ESO. Perhaps the most imporant way this affects the game is economy, you have other players spending their hard earned gold on these brothel services and then going on shopping sprees with their amassed wealth, although, I wouldn't rule out the possibility a a player who exists solely to ERP in the game with other players and hoard gold in their bank account. Also, my post has been more than justified with all the responses it has gotten and interesting discussions it has spawned.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who gives a ****?

I could name several other places where prostitution occurs as well in ESO. Perhaps the most imporant way this affects the game is economy, you have other players spending their hard earned gold on these brothel services and then going on shopping sprees with their amassed wealth, although, I wouldn't rule out the possibility a a player who exists solely to ERP in the game with other players and hoard gold in their bank account. Also, my post has been more than justified with all the responses it has gotten and interesting discussions it has spawned.

This happens in other MMOs, so I wouldn't be surprised it's occurring here. Players can and do make money offering a variety of services to their fellow players. This is just one of them :)

We are free to choose how we interact with other players. If someone wants to seek companionship and a certain level of intimacy for awhile, who am I to judge them?
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • The_Old_Goat
    The_Old_Goat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread reminds me of an old *** buddy I had that liked to say "I'm going to open a whorehouse but I'll have to run it by hand 'til I can afford to hire some help".
  • hamgatan
    hamgatan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im not quite sure this is what we meant when we told ZOS we wanted "functional" housing...
    PC / NA - 1500 CP
    L50 Argonian MagTemplar PvE Healer (US/EP) "Smothers-With-Pillows"
    L50 Argonian StamPlar PvE DPS/Solo (US/EP) "The Rusty Argonian Spade"
    L50 Khajit StamPlar PvE DPS (US/EP) "Critteh Kitteh"
    L50 Khajit MagDK PvE DPS 97k (US/EP) "Snowflake Crusher"
    L50 Redguard StamDK PvE Tank (US/DC) "Rampant Rabbit"
    L50 Dunmer MagDK PvE DPS (US/DC) "Deep Fried Bin Chicken"
    L50 Altmer MagSorc PvE DPS (US/DC) "Acirrum" - The vMA/vvH Potato Sorc
    L50 Orc StamSorc PvE DPS (US/AD) "Fraggle Proc"
    L50 Altmer MagBlade PvE Healer (US/AD) "Never Goanna Heal You Up"
    L20 Redguard StamBlade PvP Tank (US/AD) "Sneak Dogg"
    L50 Breton MagWarden PvE Healer (US/EP) "Drunk-The-Koolaid"
    L40 Orc StamDen PvE DPS (US/EP) "Fugly Betty"
    L50 Breton MagCro PvE DPS (US/DC) "Ivanna Fakakakis"
    L50 Redguard StamCro PvE DPS (US/DC) "Skeletons In The Closet"
    L50 Dunmer Stam Arcanist PvE DPS 80k (US/EP) "Sends-The-Trout" - 1 Bar Oakensoul
    L20 Nord Arcanist PvE Tank (US/EP) "Now Thats a Huge Witch"

Xbox One / NA - 360 CP
    L50 Altmer MagBlade (US/AD) "Cork Soaking"
    L10 Argonian Templar (US/EP) "Makes-Me-Moist"
    L10 Argonian MagDK (US/EP) "<Forced-Name-Change>"
    L27 Altmer MagSorc (US/EP) "Sorcie McSorcface"

|GM - The Bin Chicken Alliance | Aussie Dragon Slayers | Aedra | The Skooma Emporium | The Bus | The Bounty Hunters Guild |
This discussion has been closed.