The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

If we could duel while in dungeons that would be great, mkay?

Strider_Roshin
Strider_Roshin
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
It would be nice to find a way to kill some time other than hop around, and continuously buff.
  • ArgonianAustin
    ArgonianAustin
    ✭✭✭
    It would be nice to find a way to kill some time other than hop around, and continuously buff.

Haha exactly what I do. Just hop and buff up. I want to duel
    Just a Lizard Man that plays ESO with my twin brother khajiit_kyle
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1
    PC | EU
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I imagine there is a reason why this isn't already a thing. How would mobs react to duelists? Would it provide any sort of benefit to the dungeon at all? Even something that doesn't seem like an advantage might be exploitable in certain situations. There may be some aggro related issues here. Would the duelists be targetable by the others in the group? If your healer is in a duel, what happens then? Can you be in a duel and run the dungeon at the same time? Get out of range, then just re initiate. There is potential for abuse here and perhaps dueling is turned off just as a safety precaution. I can think of a few potential exploitable situations but I'll keep specifics out of the conversation.
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I imagine there is a reason why this isn't already a thing. How would mobs react to duelists? Would it provide any sort of benefit to the dungeon at all? Even something that doesn't seem like an advantage might be exploitable in certain situations. There may be some aggro related issues here. Would the duelists be targetable by the others in the group? If your healer is in a duel, what happens then? Can you be in a duel and run the dungeon at the same time? Get out of range, then just re initiate. There is potential for abuse here and perhaps dueling is turned off just as a safety precaution. I can think of a few potential exploitable situations but I'll keep specifics out of the conversation.

You can duel at dolmens and the mobs do agro on duellists. I only witnessed it once and can't remember how the duel ended cos my attention switched to killing mobs. I want to say the duel ended quickly when one of them died cos I didn't notice the banner after the dolmen had started. At the end of the day it takes the consent of 2 players for a duel to take place, which is half of a dungeon group, can't imagine the troll potential is huge.
    PC | EU
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can duel at dolmens and the mobs do agro on duellists. I only witnessed it once and can't remember how the duel ended cos my attention switched to killing mobs. I want to say the duel ended quickly when one of them died cos I didn't notice the banner after the dolmen had started. At the end of the day it takes the consent of 2 players for a duel to take place, which is half of a dungeon group, can't imagine the troll potential is huge.

While there is some potential for trolling, I'm more concerned about exploiting or at least gaining some sort of advantage over running the dungeon without dueling. Just a quick example. You get to the dungeon boss and want to fill ultimate. Start up 2 duels to refill ultimate before engaging the boss. Is this massively game breaking? No, but they've quashed out of combat ultimate generation in the past. They may view this as no different.

• kessik221
    kessik221
    ✭✭✭
    No. Dungeons are for pve content. I dont want a buncha pvp baddies dueling when im trying to pug my randoms.
  • kessik221
    kessik221
    ✭✭✭
    And i would add the difference between dungeons and open world content is that in the open world there are enough people that no one is relying on you to pve where in dungeons theres a 4 player cap.