The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What Is Your Favorite AD Town?

• CapnPhoton
    CapnPhoton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rawl'Kha
    ZOS_AlanG wrote: »
    It's not a town in the mechanical sense, but I really love Mathiisen. Just something about the layout and environs I suppose, but I enjoy wandering around that neck of the woods.

From the list, Velyn Harbor is my favorite town in AD. Mostly for the aesthetics, but it's pretty convenient too, and usually not too busy. I enjoy the ruins in Woodhearth as well, although when I'm in Greenshade I tend to hang out in Marbruk more. There's just something about the Atlmer's attempt to establish what they consider to be a 'normal' settlement in the middle of the woods that I enjoy.

This is how I feel about Rawl'Kwa too. Here we have a small city that seems like it was at one time either a temporary oasis in the high desert, then people decided to just stay and build a number of smaller structures until it grew larger. If you know the zone story line, I imagine it was established in refuge due to the troubles in the other three zone cities of Dune, Arenthia, and Vinedusk village.
    Xbox One NA Aldmeri Dominion
  • Looeeze
    Looeeze
    ✭✭✭
    Elden Root
    For me the best place in the entire game is Elden Root. Aside from it having everything you might need in one convenient place, the actual look is astoundingly beautiful and I enjoy the jungle sounds a lot.
    Xbox One - North America
  • Wow
    Wow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rawl'Kha
    look at this tongkonan house it looks like one of those Khajit's
    .eJwVxEsOgyAQANC7cABgho-MS629BwGCJirGoaumd2_7Fu8tXvcuRrH2fvGoVN44tTtL7u2OtcjaWt1LvDaWqR0q9h7TepSzswKy5JxHJK9Rw4BBIThrNID1gfxAxmu1mICT-W3I_p9mXp7TgxbOCVAHp0FeZxWfL_YJKHk.Pk0Ekl23KkGYNOs6vXwdtKeF3pw.png
    I'm a Godot Engine and GameMaker enthusiast from the most populated island on earth, Java, Indonesia. Coffee is my staple fuel, and durian is my favourite fruit. I'm currently building a Godot Community site.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rawl'Kha
    It's the only decent town AD has.
  • Druachan
    Druachan
    ✭✭✭
    Vulkhel Guard
    I was looking forward to getting to Rawl'Kha and arrived and it looks like "insert busy street of choice" on a saturday afternoon bit crazy and everything ran ssssssllllllllooooooowwwwww, still never mind.
    Say please, before you AAAAAaaaarrrgghhh at me.
  • MUSTACHMAN654
    MUSTACHMAN654
    ✭✭
    Skywatch
    AN ENDLESS PARTY!!! For a traitor to the Dominion... but a party!!!! Long live Ayrenn!!! And Emeric... and Jorunn...
  • Sengra
    Sengra
    ✭✭✭
    Skywatch
    I really like Mistral (I love Khajiit architecture and Khenarti's Roost in general) but I chose Skywatch because it has the most beautiful layout and there's so much going on: Mages practising, frog races, people giving speeches in the park, so many taverns and a big market. Even though I'm not really into Altmer culture the place feels so alive and full of detail it is amazing.

Whoever placed the woodworking station should be sent to some really nasty place in Coldharbour though. ;)
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Velyn Harbor
    Velyn Harbor is where I tend to hang my hat when I don't need undaunted pledges.

1. Easy-to-reach and central crafting stations.
    2. Outlaw's refuge
    3. Accessible bank.
    4. Stables are between the crafting stations and the wayshrine
    5. Short load screens/little lag.
    6. Not overcrowded like Rawl'kha, Vulkhal Guard, or Elden Root (I hate Rawl'kha solely because of the horrendous lag), partially because it requires a quest to unlock.

Haven is another of my favorites.

I often visit Mistral as well because the bank is super-close to the wayshrine.

My least favorite cities are, in order from least to most liked: Spam'kha, Lagden Root, and Duelspam Guard.
    Edited by Jamini on November 25, 2016 4:42PM
    "Adapt. or Die."
  • covenant_merchant
    covenant_merchant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Where's Mistral. Not a convenient town per se but located in the best starter zone and overall cool place filled with mats to be farmed.
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dune
    Dune is the most impressive city (queen Ayren and the other leaders of AD hang out in the largest temple there). Guards bow when you pass, waterfalls, temple gardens, narrow winding markets, a crafting district... just no bank or thieves den.

(The dead horse I keep flogging is for Dunes npc marketstalls to be turned into guild traders so there is some reason for players to keep seeing the only true Khajit city).
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Marbruk
    Elden root blew my mind when I first saw it.. then my computer crashed and I had to turn down my settings.

Auridon is increadably beautiful, It is definately as a whole my favourite zone and I liked the way the story progressed through it. But I don't have any particular attachment to either of the two cities.

Rawl is a lag fest of people dueling and spamming and it just drove me mad when I just wanted to move through it to do my quests and writs.

So i voted Maulbruk. Despite its inconvience, I just love jumping the walls and Niiitrusss a thief! and its quiet and lag free unlike more popular cities. I think being a Stam Wood elf, and just taking running jumps off all the tiers and normally into the pond at the bottom is exactly the kind of behavour that confuses the Altmer trying to bring "culture" to the wood elves by transplanting an Altmer city in greenshade.

Haven you have to go between gates all the time and that is annoying. I spent about two seconds in woodheath during the story and it is inconvient to find the right stores up in the trees.

I like Valen Harbour except that there are no guild stores and that is really inconvient when I want to get mats for writs (other than the theif refuge). Oh yeah i agree that the music at the bank is very welcome though. Give me guild stores and it would be my favourite.
    Edited by Narvuntien on December 19, 2016 4:36AM
  • Scarlett_Princess
    Scarlett_Princess
    ✭✭✭
    I've only completed Khenarthi's Roost, Auridon, Grahtwood and Greenshade (just started Malabal Tor) so I guess my choices map-wide are somewhat limited.

But so far I love Velyn Harbor the best for the crafting convenience, as I have a spreadsheet for my trait research and I like to log on when my timer goes off and be able to get new ones going in seconds!

Would be perfect if it had a few guild traders!
    FACT: Haters don't really hate you. In fact, they hate themselves, because you're a reflection of what they wish to be.

~ Scarlett Princess | Aldmeri Dominion | Orc | Stamina Sorcerer ~

Aussie Player | PC | NA Server
  • Blacksmoke
    Blacksmoke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elden Root
    Deffinitly Elden Root! All crafting stations are near there's a bank and of course my favorite Khajiit screaming "BELIEVE WHAT YOU LIKE! I'M GLAD THING HAVE CALMED DOWN THERE WHATEVER THE CAUSE"
    Champion point: 645
    Characters
    Ganlian Stormian - AD - Dungeon healer - Templar - Crafter
    Ondaril Stormian - AD - Trail DPS - Sorcerer
    Shagrod gro-Bolmog - AD - PVP - Dragonknight
  • Dawnblade
    Dawnblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From an aesthetics perspective? Any of the High Elf towns, particularly those in Auridon as it has to be the most gorgeous zone in the game. Velyn Harbor is very nice as well, with a pretty convenient layout.

Rawl'Kha is great for convenience of bank and traders next to a wayshrine, but sucks for performance (trying to log in during peak with a character parked there can be frustrating), not to mention all the morons spamming abilities and dueling right on top of everything (they should restrict duels to outside of towns or have the guards attack players dueling).
  • Druachan
    Druachan
    ✭✭✭
    Vulkhel Guard
    Dawnblade wrote: »
    From an aesthetics perspective? Any of the High Elf towns, particularly those in Auridon as it has to be the most gorgeous zone in the game. Velyn Harbor is very nice as well, with a pretty convenient layout.

Rawl'Kha is great for convenience of bank and traders next to a wayshrine, but sucks for performance (trying to log in during peak with a character parked there can be frustrating), not to mention all the morons spamming abilities and dueling right on top of everything (they should restrict duels to outside of towns or have the guards attack players dueling).

Yep with you on that one, trying to get anywhere in rawl'kha most of the time is like walking through setting concrete.

Say please, before you AAAAAaaaarrrgghhh at me.
  • Jeshima
    Jeshima
    ✭✭
    Velyn Harbor
    Definitly Velyn Harbor! Convienient, beautiful, the ocean... I wish I could buy a house there. Love it.

Although, I am very fond of Skywatch and Elden root aswell. Beautiful places.
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rawl'Kha
    Elden Root is impressive and useless. Too much waste of time running around compared to Rawl'Kha. Also, Rawl'Kha guild traders have almost always better wares for sale. Proximity of outlaw's refuge, bank and stables cannot be shunned.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »
    Elden Root is impressive and useless. Too much waste of time running around compared to Rawl'Kha. Also, Rawl'Kha guild traders have almost always better wares for sale. Proximity of outlaw's refuge, bank and stables cannot be shunned.
    Elden root is nice but not as convenient as Rawl'Kha. Often find myself porting to it rater than using the local bank and crafting stations as its so convenient.

As an Khajiit I will also need to get an house nearby on Monday.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I like Mistral the best. If it had an outlaw refuge, it'd be perfect. I just never tire of Knenarthi's Roost and Khajiiti architecture, and resent the Master Gatherer-empowered bots and obnoxious power mat farmers that plague the place now. After Mistel, I'd say Baandari Tradepost and Redfur Trading post. Pity the last two aren't very functional in terms of crafting and such, but I intend to buy the Cyrodillic house at Baandari, and if i understand it correctly, you can get crafting stations for your houses, so that could change. Baandari is lovely for RPing with my AD chars, open world wandering and chillax fishing sessions.

PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • Druwe
    Druwe
    Vulkhel Guard
    Bring back Falinesti!!!!!
    Druwe

K P Ciranwe - Templar Heals - Aldmeri Dominion - 561+CP -NA/PC

"The curse of much knowledge is often indecision."- Parthuurnax