Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What Is Your Favorite AD Town?

EdmundTowers
EdmundTowers
✭✭✭
Edited by EdmundTowers on February 22, 2016 3:18AM
Co GM of Imperium of the Eagle, PvP Guild NA PC, ~Aldmeri Dominion~
Tyrael Allynna Aldmeri Magplar

What Is Your Favorite AD Town? 252 votes

Vulkhel Guard
14%
trbrelinskib14_ESOIoveMandorallanVorpanVolkodavFarorinAdernathcopitogreyloxBane_of_FringeBouldercleaveFfastylBranzoEasily_LostGwythyrSkinzzCaptainVenomLorajetCrimsonwolf666CherryCake 37 votes
Skywatch
9%
DeadlyRecluseWuffyCeruleiYusufleetacakesb16_ESOElara_Northwindandrew.pahelnub18_ESOtheroyalestpythonnub18_ESOkamimarkAggronaughtMissBizzSengraListerJMCkatnipGhettokidViridisVolpesMUSTACHMAN654mariskaasEryasDalguardGulkrim-mur 25 votes
Haven
1%
MarrazzMistScottK1994SparklyRook 3 votes
Elden Root
19%
Grunimwayfarerxtherobster104_ESOBumbleBeeCamaroguulyelloweyedemonleeuxZounitragikzombie RaibornviperroosCelas_DranaceaApheriusZiggyCLarianaVaohMickey_Oxkunai9190Jim_BerrySaoirse_Siobhan 48 votes
Marbruk
6%
tedsini_ESORajajshkajelliclesJohnRingoXargomirBallcapEsoReconDawn_Treader_IMsanBc0z1g0th1ghKrishakPanettierjeedrzejMaldinEATherrianLady_LindelNarvuntien 16 votes
Woodhearth
1%
BrambleEnodocSorataArisugawaherodetimeSilverado 5 votes
Velyn Harbor
8%
Riptidegw2only1b14_ESOTravy_2Hypekorey175ub17_ESOStillianlonewolf26jarydfGrimsingerDHaleVostornMatioFrenchDorianDragonRazeMonarchChiefJeshimaEdmundTowersAmbushTxSDPG76IllumisarPrestonKodrac 21 votes
Rawl'Kha
34%
SolarikenMojmirCapnPhotonc0rpAnnraJkahrrRadnarlolo_01b16_ESOSvenjaIruil_ESOHutherinEdenprimeedopeyValen_ByteRiksisTriumviriLarsSLeovolaomertustaShareeCastanamere 87 votes
Dune
0%
Jim_Pippmildlylucid 2 votes
Other
3%
Loralai_907ReivaxShirleyShinecovenant_merchantnintiSlyynessjssriotTesla87 8 votes
  • EdmundTowers
    EdmundTowers
    ✭✭✭
    Velyn Harbor
    Hello my fellow Dominion adventurers. So what's your favorite town? Where do you spend most of your time selling loot, crafting, trading etc. Where would your character live if their was player housing?

For me, I like the look of the Aldmer cities. Vulkhel Guard, Marbruk, Skywatch etc. But the one I like most is Velyn Harbor for these reason:
    1)It' s not as crowded as the more popular Vulkhel Guard and Elden Root. It irks me to see a large mob of players just standing around the banker or crafting stations.
    2)The design. All the NPC stuff are placed furthest away from the wayshrine. Everything you want to do in town as a player is pretty close together. There is a cyrodil style crafting workshop as the town center with bank and guilds placed around it. Very convenient.
    3)The bank. When in town I spent most of my time at the bank, sorting through my items. While doing that in front of the banker, you can hear this cute lil bosmer singing from the top floor. Very nice to hear Red Diamond in the background while doing inventory. Love it.
    4)It's a harbor. I like the sea, the lighting and the atmosphere. But unlike Vulkhel guard, which is really bright, there is a foresty look about it. I like it.

So what town do you guys like?
    Edited by EdmundTowers on February 22, 2016 3:32AM
    Co GM of Imperium of the Eagle, PvP Guild NA PC, ~Aldmeri Dominion~
    Tyrael Allynna Aldmeri Magplar
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woodhearth
    A proper Bosmeri city regrown over the ruins of an old Imperial one. The Green will find a way to reclaim what belongs to it. Aside from Elden Root, which is too busy for my tastes, Woodhearth is the only city in Valenwood that doesn't have excessive Altmer influence.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • LaucianNailor
    LaucianNailor
    ✭✭✭
    Rawl'Kha
    So easy here to hit all key crafting stations, stable, bank, wayshrine and outlaws refuge quickly B)
    Mac/PC EU Server

Lots of alts....561+ CP
    Inside Trade Guild
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Skywatch
    I tend to do most of my selling and de-constructing etc. in Belkarth, but out of the AD zones I like Skywatch the best. I just like the way it looks and the general vibe about it. I remember when I first played the game, I was so excited to discover it. If I could choose any town to live in, it would have to be Skywatch :blush: Rawl'Kha is good for convenience, but its always so busy and full of people spamming skills!
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vulkhel Guard
    Always gonna be Vulkhel Guard for me.No matter where I am,I tend to return there to bank and craft. I love all the newbies running around. My second favorite place is Mistral.I love the entire island of Khenarthi's Roost really.
  • outsideworld76
    outsideworld76
    ✭✭✭
    Rawl'Kha
    This one calls Rawl'Kha his home. Best place to steal from Hears-the-Wind and take the loot down the refuge, makes this one smile every time.
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rawl'Kha
    I happened upon Rawl'kha in my pve days, just out questing and came upon this small but busy little town. Fell in love with it first sight. Its not just the fact that everything is in such a convenient place. I love the design, the little khajiit houses (i dont even have a khajiit character lol), the rocks that people love to play on. Love how its a bustling little town. I dig hangin out in my spot and "people watching". It became my home that very day. Told my hubby, you gotta see this little amazing town I found... he fell in love too, immediately.

Thats where we hang our hats, where we take our characters 'home' for the night after a long day in Cyro. Made lots of friends in that cute little town, just hangin out. Seen lots of crazy things happen too. From naked dance parties to huge lines of tigers when we got the senche's, to scores of characters on their mounts leaping for the well in the middle of town the day before they "fixed it". So much fun that town can be!

I do love other cities in AD. Just, Rawl has a special place in my <3

Screenshot_20150225_232003.png

Screenshot_20150319_133200.png

Screenshot_20150302_210938.png

Screenshot_20141015_232330.png

Thought Id toss some screenshots in just for fun, have about a million lol! :smiley:

Edited by Vyle_Byte on February 29, 2016 3:35PM
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rawl'Kha
    Small, easy to navigate, all the essentials, I can actually FIND the damn woodworking station, cheap guilds (mostly). What else can you ask for?
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • MarrazzMist
    MarrazzMist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haven
    I voted Haven, mostly because it's in Grathwood and next to my favourite place Fishermans Isle.
  • BlueBin
    BlueBin
    ✭✭
    Elden Root
    Love the design of Elden Root, can't go past it for me.
  • SorataArisugawa
    SorataArisugawa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woodhearth
    I wish for more cities like this. Sadly, there is no bank, but it very nice to enjoy ESO there.
    Edited by SorataArisugawa on March 2, 2016 12:08PM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Ponzoni
    Ponzoni
    Rawl'Kha
    Crafter's heaven
    I don't believe in an afterlife, so I don't have to spend my whole life fearing hell, or fearing heaven even more. For whatever the tortures of hell, I think the boredom of heaven would be even worse.
    "Isaac Asimov"

• RoninOfNight
    RoninOfNight
    ✭✭✭
    Rawl'Kha
    Rawl'Kha. It has a huge convenience factor.
  • xxxdcxxx
    xxxdcxxx
    ✭✭✭
    Landed on Vulkhel Guard in the begining and it is the best for me
    PC-EU
    Fus Ro Dah !
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Rawl for convenience, Vulkhel Guard because I think it is super pretty in Auridon.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • KrishakPanettier
    KrishakPanettier
    ✭✭✭
    Marbruk
    After leaving Vulkhel Guard for the big wide world out there, I ventured through the first two lands of Auridon and Grahtwood, and when I walked through the door into Marbruk, Greenshade for the first, I felt at home.
    Krishak Kringle aka KrishakPanettier, Templar (PSN:KrishakPanettier)
    -- PS4 NA --

PVP, PVE, and Trader Guild Leader
    Guild:
    - Rent-A-Zerg Mercs AD (one-time large AD PVP Guild - now PVP, PVE, dungeons, trials, and crafting)
    - Shadow Exiles AD (merged into RAZ AD)
    - Recruiting all levels, for help all in-game content. Not just PVP anymore. Not just AD.

Online:
    - Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/RAZ.AD
    - Facebook: www.facebook.com/ShadowExiles
    - Twitter: @ShadowExiles
    - www: www.shadowexiles.com
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rawl'Kha
    If you dont hang your hat in Rawl...your doing it wrong ; ))
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Silverado
    Silverado
    ✭✭✭
    Woodhearth
    I Love elden root and woodhearth. I go to elden root to trade with players and woodhearth to do my thieving.
    Ps4 NA Aldmeri Dominion
    Wood Elf 310 CP
    Aldmeri Trading Co Guild

• Gwythyr
    Gwythyr
    ✭✭
    Vulkhel Guard
    Khenarthi's Roost - I fell in love with the small, beautiful island. I hope we will eventually be able to buy homes in eso. :smiley:
    Server: EU PSN
    Champion Points: 502

AD - Breton Sorceror
    EB - Templar Bosmer
    DC - Altmer Dragonknight
    AD - Khajiit Nightblade
    AD - Khajiit Templar
    DC - Dunmer Sorceror
    AD - Khajiit Warden
  • CapnPhoton
    CapnPhoton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rawl'Kha
    Rawl'Kwa kitty town Aldmeri. The best town in the best zone in the game.

All the business (crafting, banks, stable, etc) are close. The houses are on posts so when I get drunk, can't climb the steps, and its raining I can just pass out underneath...
    Xbox One NA Aldmeri Dominion
  • Travy_2Hype
    Travy_2Hype
    ✭✭✭
    Velyn Harbor
    Definitely Velyn Harbor!

Use that town so often! It's not heavily populated and has just about everything you'd need in a one stop shop. Only issue with Velyn Harbor is that I can pick up my Undaunted Pledges there *sigh*

Plus the scenery there is lovely!
    X-Box: EU

Orc Stamina DragonKnight - Tank
    Altmer Magicka Templar - DPS
    Redguard Stamina Sorcerer - DPS
  • Jim_Berry
    Jim_Berry
    ✭✭✭
    Elden Root
    Elden Root for me. I like the area, plus all the resources are easily accessible here without needing to run from the bank ALL the way to the beach for items from the Vendors (Vulkhel Guard).
    Edited by Jim_Berry on July 21, 2016 7:46AM
  • itehache
    itehache
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rawl'Kha
    I loooove the look of Elden Root, i think it is by far the most original city.

But I have to vote for Rawl'Kha since it is the most convenient one to go craft and sell stuff :smile: everything is so close it makes it my favorite city to play.
  • DPG76
    DPG76
    ✭✭✭
    Velyn Harbor
    Velyn even before i reach it's level
    Not to much crowd
    bank is not far from crafting and they are all 3 of them at the same spot (wood,BS and Cloth)

On 2nd is Rawl'Ka , but often to crowded

I don't like Grahtwood
  • Iove
    Iove
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vulkhel Guard
    Vulkhel Guard is Home.
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭
    Haven
    I'm not AD but I done it during Cadwells silver, I liked the first set of cities and the last set. The only city I really didn't like was Elden Root, not sure why either
  • ShirleyShine
    ShirleyShine
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    Rawl'Kha for business, crafting, trading.
    Fast, easy to get to everything, alive and busy. I must visit every day :)

Vulkel Guard and Skywatch for the beauty.
    I would choose to have a house in Auridon if I could.
    I love hanging our in Vulkel Gaurd and watching all the 'little ones' running around and going about their business.

It was great fun to watch them arrive on the ship, but I hear that now they arrive in Kenathi's Roost.
    So many lovely places in Auridon.
    The Lady pool, the Isle of Contemplation, the area around the College wayshrine..............
    the whole coast <3
    War....war never changes
  • ZOS_AlanG
    ZOS_AlanG
    admin
    It's not a town in the mechanical sense, but I really love Mathiisen. Just something about the layout and environs I suppose, but I enjoy wandering around that neck of the woods.

From the list, Velyn Harbor is my favorite town in AD. Mostly for the aesthetics, but it's pretty convenient too, and usually not too busy. I enjoy the ruins in Woodhearth as well, although when I'm in Greenshade I tend to hang out in Marbruk more. There's just something about the Atlmer's attempt to establish what they consider to be a 'normal' settlement in the middle of the woods that I enjoy.
    Forum Rules | Promoting Constructive Discussion | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Help Site

I’ve moved to a new position and I am no longer active on this forum. For assistance, please check the resources linked above
    Staff Post
  • Wow
    Wow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rawl'Kha
    Rawlkha of course, Khajiits are my favourite race

elderscrollsonline_999734.jpg
    Khajiit_Architecture_Concept_Art.png

Are their architecture inspired by the traditional indonesian houses?

minangkabau-traditional-house-central-sumatra-indonesia_original.jpg
    Toraja_house.jpg
    dsc_0159-modified.jpg
    Edited by Wow on July 29, 2016 11:45AM
    I'm a Godot Engine and GameMaker enthusiast from the most populated island on earth, Java, Indonesia. Coffee is my staple fuel, and durian is my favourite fruit. I'm currently building a Godot Community site.
  • TrueGreenSmoker
    TrueGreenSmoker
    ✭✭✭
    Rawl'Kha
    Rawl'Kha. Elden Root is my second for the Undaunted dailies if Rawl'Kha had a Undaunted i wont go to Elden Root at all

PS4 - NA - CP 859+
    #1 Magicka Sorc - AD - High Elf - Vampire - TrueGreen
    #2 Magicka DK - AD - Dark Elf - Vampire - Flamy Burnin Alot
    #3 Magicka Temp - AD - High Elf - Vampire - TrueGreen Temp
    #4 Magicka NB - AD - Breton - Vampire - Magic of the Night
    #5 Magicka Sorc - DC - High Elf - Vampire - High Old Elf
    #6 Stamina Sorc - EP - Orc - Normal - Original Herbalist
    #7 Stamina NB - AD - Redguard - Vampire - Gank and Blaze
    #8 Magicka DK - EP - Argonian - Vamp - Flamy-Tail

PS4 - EU - CP 249
    #1 Magicka Temp - DC - Breton - Normal - Mary Healer Jane
    #2 Magicka Sorc - DC High Elf - Normal - Baked Wizard of DC