The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Group finder: Why cant I join?????????

Katahdin
Katahdin
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
A friend of mine was doing a dungeon and had a player disconnect.

He tried to invite me to the party but because their group was made with the group finder, it would not let me join???
They needed a tank and I am a tank and had the role of tank in my list. I would like to be able to help my friend.

SO WWWWWHHHYYYYY DOES IT NOT LET ME JOIN WHEN I ACCEPT THEIR INVITE!!!!????

^ CAPS of frustration
Beta tester November 2013
  • Nidro
    Nidro
    ✭✭✭
    had the same Problem yesterday with my mate....

I dont know where this Comes from.. i guess the Problem here is that the Group was formed by Group finder.. so it doesnt allow "invited Players" to join?...

maybe the DEV's could take a loot into this?
    - Champion Rank 1080 -

Argonian Warden Tank - Never-Fights-Alone
    Highelf Sorcereress - Magicka DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Highelf Templar - Magicka DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Imperial Dragonknight - Tank - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Khajiit Nightblade - Stamina DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Redguard Templar - Stamina DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Darkelf Nightblade - Magicka DD - Voice of Reason
    Imperial Sorcerer - Stamina DD - The Flawless Conquerer
    Redguard Dragonknight - Stamina DD
    Argonian Templar - Healer - Heals-all-Allies -
  • EleonoraCrendraven
    EleonoraCrendraven
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe the group was still in the queue of the group finder. Leaving that queue and after that inviting a player may help.
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That happened for me once, as a healer. Was trying to help some guild members on the final boss, after they lost their other healer.

Fortunately it was Veteran Ruins of Mazzatun, on a day when it wasn't the daily. I was able to queue from that dungeon specifically, then they queued for a replacement healer and it popped me into the group. This worked a second time to replace one of the DPS, when he hit the same problem.

Unfortunately I think it's more a commentary on the unpopularity of vRoM, rather than a fix for your issue. But it does seem to be tied to the group specifically, as I have joined other in-progress dungeon finder groups with simply an invitation from a participant, and even sent out a few myself. But once a group gets the bug where they can't invite someone, it seems to be permanently that way for that group.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS