Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A Question to the Art Team, New Dwemer ruins for Vvardenfell?

Sentinel
Sentinel
✭✭✭✭
Now that Vvardenfell has been announced, I have a very pressing question!

Are the designs of the Dwemer ruins in Vvardenfell going to be different than mainland Tamriel? :tongue:

Going back to TES 3: Morrowind, the ruins certainly had a unique look...
1b68793509a00fc0a7c64110.L.jpg

The CGI trailer showed the designs of a ruin type you might expect in Alik'r, or Craglorn:
bQ3bKFa.png

It'd be pretty interesting if the art team at ZOS gave the TES 3 designs a modernized look.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the video announcement they discuss making Morrowind 2017 as close to ES3 as they could. It will be exciting to see what they do across the map
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lore-wise it seems very much like there are certain elements of dwemer architecture that are fairly common regardless of location, but at the same time there are significant regional differences. I very much hope that the art team took that into account and made the dwemer ruins in Vvardenfell distinctive from those seen elsewhere, while still having those common elements that you can point to and say "dwemer". Basically I want a graphically better version of what they were like in Morrowind.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)