The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

"Morrowind Online" and Steam

anitajoneb17_ESO
anitajoneb17_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Can we purchase the "expansion" outside of Steam and it will still work with a Steam-purchased or a Steam-linked account ?
Inversely, can we purchase the expansion in Steam and it will work on a non-Steam account, or a non-Steam but Steam-linked account ?

You must reassure us for this, @ZOS_GinaBruno , because ESO and Steam have proven to be a somewhat risky digital combination so far ...

• KellionBane
    KellionBane
    ✭✭
    I'd like to know this as well, as I would prefer to purchase the expansion from Steam.
  • TimotheusFlavii
    I would like to know this as well... I am really considering buying the physical edition, but only if I can link the Morrowind expansion to my existing steam account.
  • Pallmor
    Pallmor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to know this as well... I am really considering buying the physical edition, but only if I can link the Morrowind expansion to my existing steam account.

Ditto. I'm a Steam user who wants his Dwemmer Big Daddy statue.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    If you purchased ESO through Steam, you should get the Morrowind upgrade on Steam as well. We have a small help article that will direct you to the right place: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37479/
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Pallmor
    Pallmor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you purchased ESO through Steam, you should get the Morrowind upgrade on Steam as well. We have a small help article that will direct you to the right place: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37479/

I don't think you understand the question here (at least the question for some of us). We're Steam users who want to be able to buy the $100 physical collector's edition and link it to our Steam accounts. That edition is not for sale in the Steam Store. So does that mean if we buy it, we can't link it to our Steam accounts?

Edited by Pallmor on February 1, 2017 3:50AM
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallmor wrote: »
    We're Steam users who want to be able to buy the $100 physical collector's edition and link it to our Steam accounts. That edition is not for sale in the Steam Store. So does that mean if we buy it, we can't link it to our Steam accounts?

This. I have ESO through Steam, but want the Collector's Edition. I hope that will be possible.
  • Ipslor
    Ipslor
    ✭✭✭
    I second this question, want to know answer too.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think she answered it tho folks.

It's a required purchase via steam regardless of intent

The only way you can buy physical is to buy it....sale the codes and buy the steam Morrowind digital upgrade
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on February 1, 2017 4:01AM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Pallmor
    Pallmor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The only way you can buy physical is to buy it....sale the codes and buy the steam Morrowind digital upgrade

Well, if that's case, no Dwemmer Big Daddy for me. At least it'll save me $60 that I can spend on blackjack and hookers instead.

• lohworm
    lohworm
    ✭✭✭
    I read this too late : I bought original ESO through Steam but preorder through ESO store !
    It appears normaly in my ESO account summary
    Let's wait june and see..
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lohworm wrote: »
    I read this too late : I bought original ESO through Steam but preorder through ESO store !
    It appears normaly in my ESO account summary
    Let's wait june and see..

Same, I jumped the gun. I hope there will be an easy resolution like, "apply your code here" and let it be done with.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • TimotheusFlavii

I don't think you understand the question here (at least the question for some of us). We're Steam users who want to be able to buy the $100 physical collector's edition and link it to our Steam accounts. That edition is not for sale in the Steam Store. So does that mean if we buy it, we can't link it to our Steam accounts?

Could you tell us whether Steam players will be able to link the Morrowind physical collector's edition to their Steam account, @ZOS_GinaBruno? I don't want to spend €100 without knowing for sure that I will be able to do this.
    Edited by TimotheusFlavii on February 1, 2017 11:34AM
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not in that situation. But I still want to know whether I can buy the expansion wherever I want or if I am forced to buy it through Steam, because I bought the original game from Steam in 2014. Are you saying that I "should" buy it from Steam or that I "must" buy it from Steam ? @ZOS_GinaBruno .
    If you're forcing me to buy from one retailer instead of having a choice, that would definitely be illegal, at least in Europe. I bought the game on Steam in 2014 because it was cheaper than anywhere else at that time - but if that means I'm forever tied to Steam for any further purchase regarding ESO, that's abusive. I want to be able to purchase it wherever I see fit, for price or convenience reasons. The system alrady "forced" me to buy crowns via Steam, and that was already abusive, but at least crowns weren't supposed to be available "everywhere you buy games". This DLC is supposed to be available "everywhere you buy games", thus I don't want to be forced to buy it where Steam wants me to.

This ESO/Steam "link" has been buggy and fishy from the early beginning, ZOS. It's high time you made some transparency and clear, detailed explanations.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on February 1, 2017 11:47AM
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on February 1, 2017 11:43AM
  • Xundiin
    Xundiin
    ✭✭✭✭
    The way you would add the physical copy of the game (like the physical CE) is to go into steam and claim a key. This is an option in your account that allows you to do this. You take the key from your physical copy and put in there and it should activate. Now this is assuming this game will be supported for that feature with Steam. Some games are some games aren't. Most games that aren't are ones that where around before Steam was even a thing and they've been adding those games to the list of acceptable keys.
    #SavePlayer1
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, if that's case, no Dwemmer Big Daddy for me. At least it'll save me $60 that I can spend on blackjack and hookers Crown Crates instead.

Corrected that for ya.
    Edited by Carbonised on February 1, 2017 12:51PM
  • TreeHugger1
    TreeHugger1
    ✭✭✭
    Hi @ZOS_GinaBruno , we will have the expansion in june which means in the exact time of the summer sale,does it mean steam's players will have a discount?

There is also another matter I would like to discuss about.
    As someone who already bought 2 dlcs(before the 4 dlcs mega pack) I find it very expensive to buy the rest of the them and also the new expansion separately , I would love if you will offer a fair deal to buy them.
    I assume there are many more people who compromised and bought only part of your b2p content and due to the amount of new content you added are now willing to buy what's remained.
    Obviously this is just a suggestion though I'm afraid many people including me will miss many of your finest b2p content and you will lose our money:(
    Edited by TreeHugger1 on February 1, 2017 12:51PM
  • AddiZ
    AddiZ
    ✭✭✭

Bear with me

How about us that have bought the game trough eso and steam, if i upgrade my acc to morrowind on eso will it work with my steam one too?

Yes you have ppl that bought your game twice alr so it can work with steam!

• Siekobilly_ESO
    Siekobilly_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    My Steam and ESO accounts are linked. I don't see why entering the code from the physical CE either in Steam, or in my ZOS account wouldn't grant me access to the content. I really doubt this would be an issue in this day and age.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Steam and ESO accounts are linked. I don't see why entering the code from the physical CE either in Steam, or in my ZOS account wouldn't grant me access to the content. I really doubt this would be an issue in this day and age.

Well, I didn't think that having bought the game on Steam would force me to buy crowns on Steam - but it did.
    So I'm careful now. It shouldn't be an issue in this day and age - but obviously it is.

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @ZOS_GinaBruno , we will have the expansion in june which means in the exact time of the summer sale,does it mean steam's players will have a discount?

There is also another matter I would like to discuss about.
    As someone who already bought 2 dlcs(before the 4 dlcs mega pack) I find it very expensive to buy the rest of the them and also the new expansion separately , I would love if you will offer a fair deal to buy them.
    I assume there are many more people who compromised and bought only part of your b2p content and due to the amount of new content you added are now willing to buy what's remained.
    Obviously this is just a suggestion though I'm afraid many people including me will miss many of your finest b2p content and you will lose our money:(

@TreeHugger1

The gold dlc crown pack is the same as the Morrowind update less SoTH dungeons. $39

Others like myself purchased each at release and some as a bundle vs the dlc gold pack so we spent around $20-$39 per dlc

Perspective...it's not any more expensive now that it was
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on February 1, 2017 3:32PM
  • Kevin_of_Devinshire
    I'm going to say the answer is yes: Picture to show how:

Screen%20Shot%202017-02-01%20at%2010.31.49%20AM.png

Screen%20Shot%202017-02-01%20at%2010.32.01%20AM.png

Screen%20Shot%202017-02-01%20at%2010.32.14%20AM.png
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The gold dlc crown pack is the same as the Morrowind update less SoTH dungeons. $39

You mean, the Morrowind "upgrade" includes IC + Orsinium + TG + DB + SotH ? Someone who has the bare base game and upgrades with "Morrowind" has the full entire game including everything ?

• Jemcrystal
    Jemcrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - nvm -

Edited by Jemcrystal on February 1, 2017 4:18PM
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to say the answer is yes: Picture to show how:

That's very kind of you but you're not ZOS and you're just guessing, unfortunately.

• Siekobilly_ESO
    Siekobilly_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I didn't think that having bought the game on Steam would force me to buy crowns on Steam - but it did.
    So I'm careful now. It shouldn't be an issue in this day and age - but obviously it is.

Interesting. I've purchased crowns on the ZOS page, and had them in my ESO via Steam. I definitely understand the concern if you've run into issues like that prior.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You mean, the Morrowind "upgrade" includes IC + Orsinium + TG + DB + SotH ? Someone who has the bare base game and upgrades with "Morrowind" has the full entire game including everything ?

No, the Morrowind "pack" only includes the base game and the Morrowind expansion.

I believe he was drawing a comparison between the cost of the current Morrowind pack and the previous game + DLC purchase option.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Edited by [Deleted User] on February 1, 2017 3:52PM
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@anitajoneb17_ESO

No thats not what I mean because that is incorrect.
    if you upgrade the base game, you get Morrowind...thats it

EVERYONE PLEASE JUST GO read the article and then go to purchase it on the platform you prefer. Its very straight forward in terms of the digital purchase.
  • Kallistio
    Kallistio
    Would also like to know if the PHYSICAL collector's edition is able to be redeemed if you purchased through steam. I haven't officially linked my account with steam but I did purchase it from them 2 years ago.