Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Discover the Next Chapter for ESO"

• austinwalter87ub17_ESO
    austinwalter87ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The trailer shows the adventurer commanding a Bear Companion.

Warden, the class that got pulled from launch, has a skill line called Animal Companions.

WARDEN HYPE
    Edited by austinwalter87ub17_ESO on January 31, 2017 10:08PM
    PC and PS4 (bring back character transfers please?)
    Templar Extraordinaire
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, what's the point of subbing now?
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Watching the twitch recording...Armored War House? :D Whoever made up that screen with the Collector goodies screwed up.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watching the twitch recording...Armored War House? :D Whoever made up that screen with the Collector goodies screwed up.

I would assume they are as excited as us and ended up messing up a little bit xD
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm looking at the Amazon preview pics and I can't help but think, this expansion looks like what would happen if Craglorn and Stonefalls had a baby.
    signing off
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Morrowind comes with a new tutorial, I wonder what's going to happen to the Soul Shriven in Coldharbour tutorial...
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    If Morrowind comes with a new tutorial, I wonder what's going to happen to the Soul Shriven in Coldharbour tutorial...

Probably still there for people who don't buy 'Morrowind.' Be interesting to see if people who do get to pick though...
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »

Probably still there for people who don't buy 'Morrowind.' Be interesting to see if people who do get to pick though...

Yeah, was discussing that here with a few people. It would be cool to allow us to choose our starting tutorial. Otherwise, it sounds like the plan is that Wailing Prison is going away for anyone who has Morrowind.

That is sad because that is a good start to the main quest line. At least it introduces you to Coldharbour and really explains why things are going bad.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Anastian
    Anastian
    ✭✭✭
    Damn, I've just started playing and I bought the game on a bargain (during this christmas the gold edition was a mere 30€) and so far I've enjoyed it so much I am willing to purchase additional content but... I wanted to buy crowns to spend on expansions and DLCs, that felt fun. I could choose whether I preferred content or cosmetics and stuff... Now I really have to spend 40€ for the expansion?
    I mean, if the area is just as big as Vvanderfell and as dense in quests was in Morrowind, ok, I'm game, but seeing the actual Tamriel map, it's approximatively as large as two areas from the alliance zones. Which is not that huge... I just don't know. It does not feel like it's worth purchasing for money: I'd rather get the crowns and evaluate whether to buy that or not later... But I can't. That's a sad thing :/
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anastian wrote: »
    Damn, I've just started playing and I bought the game on a bargain (during this christmas the gold edition was a mere 30€) and so far I've enjoyed it so much I am willing to purchase additional content but... I wanted to buy crowns to spend on expansions and DLCs, that felt fun. I could choose whether I preferred content or cosmetics and stuff... Now I really have to spend 40€ for the expansion?
    I mean, if the area is just as big as Vvanderfell and as dense in quests was in Morrowind, ok, I'm game, but seeing the actual Tamriel map, it's approximatively as large as two areas from the alliance zones. Which is not that huge... I just don't know. It does not feel like it's worth purchasing for money: I'd rather get the crowns and evaluate whether to buy that or not later... But I can't. That's a sad thing :/

Welcome to the game! You do not have to purchase Morrowind, but if you do, you cannot purchase it with Crowns.

We don't know how big Vvardenfell is, but it is larger than Wrothgar. We won't really get a feel for it until it shows up on PTS, assuming that they put it on PTS.

I expected it to be the most expensive DLC in the Crown Store, maybe 6000 Crowns. The Standard Edition Upgrade is the equivalent of 5500 Crowns, which makes my expectation about right. I am ESO Plus, but am fine with spending money on an expansion vs a DLC.
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you purchase the full version of ESO: Morrowind (meaning, not the upgrade) then yes, it's basically a stand-alone game. You get access to all Morrowind content in addition to the full base game of ESO. If you upgrade, then you keep everything you currently have but just gain access to all content from Morrowind, including the new Warden class, Battlegrounds, etc.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno So does this mean that if someone buys just the Morrowind Digital Edition, they basically get ESO for free alongside it? I mean in terms of people who haven't yet purchased the game. It would be a pretty big incentive for people who have yet to give it a try I guess! :)
    Looking at the buy page, it says Morrowind Digital Edition £39.99. So that includes ESO? (Since this isn't an upgrade version)
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glaiceana wrote: »
    If you purchase the full version of ESO: Morrowind (meaning, not the upgrade) then yes, it's basically a stand-alone game. You get access to all Morrowind content in addition to the full base game of ESO. If you upgrade, then you keep everything you currently have but just gain access to all content from Morrowind, including the new Warden class, Battlegrounds, etc.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno So does this mean that if someone buys just the Morrowind Digital Edition, they basically get ESO for free alongside it? I mean in terms of people who haven't yet purchased the game. It would be a pretty big incentive for people who have yet to give it a try I guess! :)
    Looking at the buy page, it says Morrowind Digital Edition £39.99. So that includes ESO? (Since this isn't an upgrade version)

Yes, this is what that means.

"Includes The Elder Scrolls® Online: Tamriel Unlimited™, the first game of the acclaimed online RPG series."

Although... If you consider Morrowind to be a "game in the series", then you have to call Tamriel Unlimited the 2nd game in the series.
    Edited by Elsonso on February 1, 2017 3:57AM
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glaiceana wrote: »

It's not really for free, since the standalone edition is more expensive than the upgrade by $20, both regular and collector's editions, at least when viewing the prices on american dollar.
    Standalone Morrowind Digital Collector's Edition: $79,99
    Morrowind Digital Collector's Edition Upgrade: $59,99
    Standalone Morowind Digital Edition: $59,99
    Morrowind Digital Edition Upgrade: $39,99

Assuming the base game for the Standalone Morrowind Digital Editions, both regular and collector's edition, is the regular ESO Digital Edition and not the Gold Edition, it is a $9,99 discount.
    Edited by Abeille on February 1, 2017 4:07AM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.