The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind – Announcement and Details"

• Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno please, will we be able to change existing characters' classes for Warden or to buy more character slots? A lot of people already maxed their 12 characters and wouldn't want to delete one in order to experience the new class.

If not, can you tell the rest of the guys at ZOS that it is something people want to be added, please?
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Majic
    Majic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have twelve characters.

Will it be possible to purchase additional character slots beyond the current cap of twelve when Morrowind goes live?

Edit: Looks like great minds think alike. ;)
    Edited by Majic on January 31, 2017 9:50PM
    Epopt Of The Everspinning Logo, Church Of The Eternal Loading Screen
    And verily, verily, spaketh the Lord: "Error <<1>>"
  • esp1992
    esp1992
    ✭✭✭
    FINALLY!!!! A nature-based class!
    And to add a cool bear companion too!
    Can't wait... CAN'T FRICKI'N WAIT!!!!
    MY CHARACTERS

Clouse the White Warden - Breton AD MAG Warden
    Jaro the Wild Changeling - Bosmer AD STAM Warden
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    Hey Gina! Thanks for the thread. Any chance we are getting a class change token and/or more purchasable character slots with the addition of the Warden?

I sincerely hope so. My Nord Dragonknight, Bjorn, should be a Warden. I had to make him a Dragonknight because it was the "least bad" class for his personality.

I can't possibly delete him and remake a new version because he's my 9-trait crafter!
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    baratron wrote: »
    Abeille wrote: »
    Hey Gina! Thanks for the thread. Any chance we are getting a class change token and/or more purchasable character slots with the addition of the Warden?

I sincerely hope so. My Nord Dragonknight, Bjorn, should be a Warden. I had to make him a Dragonknight because it was the "least bad" class for his personality.

I can't possibly delete him and remake a new version because he's my 9-trait crafter!

Same for my Nord Sorcerer, Gyda, although it won't hurt that much to delete her because I didn't pursue any long-term goal with her. My Argonian, who should also be a Warden, is going to lose all her progress towards Master Angler though, and that will hurt me a lot.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you answer my question, too? It was already brought up in this thread but for some reason you ignored it, even though you commented on other questions after.

What did you do to address the fact that some of us played since pre-release (or just for a long time) and either have all character slots taken or progressed so deep on one character already that rerolling Warden is not an option. I can't work on my 22.3k or so achievement points again in case I like this new class more than others I already have. I was able to choose my main, but I only had 4 classes to choose from.

Are you thinking on implementing some account-wide counter of unique achievements (so that playing this new class doesn't feel like a waste of time) or are we going to have a class change token or something of a sort?

Also this quote made me cry even more:
    as Morrowind introduces the first new class since ESO launched.
    So will it keep happening and you'll be adding classes and we, players, can't just finally play and "live" in Tamriel knowing which class we prefer and working on content instead of comparing them? Guys, you got it wrong. The whole point of TES is not having class restrictions. This is the opposite of what a lot of us expected from you. Now the game will have 12 skill lines we can't try once we create a character.

Thank you.
    Edited by Artis on January 31, 2017 10:05PM
  • Lokov
    Lokov
    ✭✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind – Announcement and Details. This June, the next Chapter in The Elder Scrolls Online will begin. Return to the iconic island of Vvardenfell for over 30 hours of adventure in a brand new location, with a new class, a new PvP mode, a new Trial, and so much more!

Please DON'T! Don't make battlegrounds in 4x4x4 format. Why not just 4x4 or 8x8 or 12x12?
    Best way is to add all three formats:
    4x4
    8x8
    12x12
    Guys really...4x4x4 is a big mistake. It's a fail on the same level like veteran rangs and champion system.
    The only way if u wanna do it 4x4x4 is for unranked ladder...Like skirmish just for fun, you know, but we need normal PvP formats as well.
    Edited by Lokov on January 31, 2017 10:10PM
    Captain Org As More |Mag Blade| DC
    Bald Dude You Know From |Stam Blade| DC
    Ashot One Shot |Mag Blade| AD
    Strippirella |Stam Blade| AD
    Dont Touch My Tralala |Stam DK| DC
    Im Badman |Mag DK| DC
    Big Mac |Mag Sorc| DC
    Savitar Himself |Stam Sorc| DC
    Captain Old Fashion |Mag Plar| DC
    Chelovek Chlen-Nevidimka |Stam Warden| DC

Welcome to my TWITCH in Russian
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Four classes had 12 slots then five could have 15 slots.
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• ckbud
    ckbud
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert

If I create a new character and start his or her journey off in Morrowind, will I be able to level him up all the way to Level 50 just by playing the Morrowind story content from beginning to end?
  • UrODelA
    UrODelA
    ✭✭✭
    ...so let me get that straight ( i'm just a blunt SalamandeR)?

i pre ordered the 'imperial edition' back in the day - just to get back to the island...well...near it at least...all i wanted, was to stroll through Vvardenfell again!

NOW i get the release of the game i wanted initially, so pre order of the 'physical edition' it is!

the question @ZOS_GinaBruno & @all you wise creatures: will the games codes be separated; meaning - can i add the 'add on' to my 'imp edition' and give the 'base game' to my baby sister (she resisted way too long ^^ )?

addendum

after reading through other threads, i found the answer; Pete Hines tweeted, it is possible to use the expansion (of the physical CE ) with existing accounts!
    Edited by UrODelA on January 31, 2017 10:34PM
    ~ schwanzlurch est UrODelA is the SalamandeR ist der ~
  • Surliman
    Surliman
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed that video. Fact, I enjoy a lot of those. Used to play Wow for many, many years. Love the cgi clips. I'd pay to go see a 2 hour movie all made with cgi that good. Not making it realistic as they did with the Wow movie, or so bad it looks like a cartoon. But...like what this video.
  • AlexTech0x
    AlexTech0x
    ✭✭✭
    $60 for 30 hours? new content for a weekend then its repetitive (again)
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    schip wrote: »
    Am I the only one cringing by the fact they named it Morrowind? They should have called it Vvardenfell to distinguish it from the single-player game, which would have been more accurate anyway.

I wondered about that too. My conclusion was that they probably did it on purpose to capitalize on the Morrowind anniversary this year and the general fan nostalgia for the original game.

Probably a marketing reason behind it IMHO. Vvardenfell is hard to remember/pronounce/spell, but Morrowind is very easy to market.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno so I'm at work now but want to make sure I am understanding clearly. Will we be able to freely take our current characters to"morrowind" and back? Or is it a once there you're always there kind of thing?

You can go to Morrowind with your current character whenever you'd like (starting June 6, that is) and you can leave and go to other zones freely as well, just like any other zone.

Gee, that sounds a lot like a DLC. Other than having to pay for it, how does Morrowind differ from, say, Wrothgar?
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The fate of Morrowind hangs in the balance and you must take up the mantle of a hero to help Vivec, the legendary warrior-poet and Guardian of Vvardenfell, save the world from a deadly Daedric threat. Set roughly 700 years before the events of The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, ESO's new Chapter takes you to familiar locations as you attempt to solve the mystery of Vivec's mysterious illness and restore his strength.

Having read quite a bit today about Vivec and his sermons, I'm not sure how I feel about getting up close and personal with him. Dude had some kinky proclivities.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When will more details about Warden-class skilline come out? (Like the specific skills/morphs/passives etc.) :)
  • Tsute
    Tsute
    ✭✭✭
    So no discount for subscribers. Ah well, June is my 3-check month, adding it to the list.
  • Noxji
    Noxji
    ✭✭
    So, I already own the Collector's Edition Box. I am going to get this new Box too. My question is, how would that work? Can I activate the codes on my existing account. What will I do with the extra game code? Since I get the base game again.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno is there a link to the Morrowind announcement video, or the 1/27 ESO live? I cannot find my way there, or a link in these threads.
  • UrODelA
    UrODelA
    ✭✭✭
    Noxcure wrote: »
    ... What will I do with the extra game code? Since I get the base game again.

the logical thing is to get 'the fix' to someone new to the game ^^ ( implied, that it will be separate codes) ...
    davey1107 wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno is there a link to the Morrowind announcement video, or the 1/27 ESO live? I cannot find my way there, or a link in these threads.

there you go ^^
    ~ schwanzlurch est UrODelA is the SalamandeR ist der ~
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for this update, seems promising

2 questions for future expansion:

- is it possible to start a new char directly in the new zone? Would love to start a warden but does not wish to choose between doing new char and doing new zone first
    - Please consider 3 more slots (minimum) for characters

2 comments:

- 4v4v4 seems weird, would be nice to have 4v4
    - Please let us know in adavnce the size of download and install for expansion to avoid bad surprises
    Edited by Morgul667 on February 1, 2017 1:05AM
  • Clarebear
    Clarebear
    ✭✭
    With buying Morrowind (not the upgrade) do you also get all previous DLC?
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    is it possible to start a new char directly in the new zone? Would love to start a warden but does not wish to choose between doing new char and doing new zone first

In the stream, they said that there will be a new tutorial which takes you straight into morrowind.

@ZOS_GinaBruno will the original tutorial still be available?

PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artis wrote: »
    Also this quote made me cry even more:
    as Morrowind introduces the first new class since ESO launched.
    So will it keep happening and you'll be adding classes and we, players, can't just finally play and "live" in Tamriel knowing which class we prefer and working on content instead of comparing them? Guys, you got it wrong. The whole point of TES is not having class restrictions. This is the opposite of what a lot of us expected from you.
    TES has always has preset classes. The only exception was Skyrim.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Khazmaal
    Khazmaal
    ✭✭✭
    Vivec is a poor half-god!
    Sheogorath like it! Do you like my little stone?
    "Fanatical about Sheogorath, until day or I remembered myself, that I was Sheogorath! "
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noxcure wrote: »
    So, I already own the Collector's Edition Box. I am going to get this new Box too. My question is, how would that work? Can I activate the codes on my existing account. What will I do with the extra game code? Since I get the base game again.

i would like answer to that as well
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will the new game include a level cap increase? (I'm assuming that the CP cap will increase).
  • Seleval
    Seleval
    ✭✭✭
    The Cp will increase to 600, tho I think this is coming with Homestead
    PC/EU
  • maltinkilic
    maltinkilic
    ✭✭✭
    I have some questions also.

Will there be new crafting line, or skill line. Will there be new skyshards. If i buy expansion and my friend does not, will we be able to still interract(chat etc) when i am on Vvardenfell and he is not. Can someone who doesn't own morrowind will still be able to get/buy specific items drops/crafted in morrowind.

Will we be able to get inside the ghost fence and explore redmountain.
  • bus10
    bus10
    Soul Shriven
    Would the new expansion allow an opportunity for another account transfer? Mainly from console to PC?