Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind Pre-Order FAQ"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind Pre-Order FAQ. Find out all the information about pre-ordering The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind including the different editions, what each includes, and more in our FAQ.
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • davidb16_ESO7
    davidb16_ESO7
    Soul Shriven
    So if ESO Plus no longer gives us automatic access to new DLC, what is the point of it beyond cosmetic additions from the crown store?
  • DemiDemon
    DemiDemon
    ✭✭
    So if ESO Plus no longer gives us automatic access to new DLC, what is the point of it beyond cosmetic additions from the crown store?

This isn't a DLC though, this is a expansion pack. That's why it's not in the store.
    PC/Xbox One - NA
  • Kurimugann
    Kurimugann
    ✭✭✭

Not sure how to word it for it to make sense but...ESO:Morrowind is not a DLC, therefore, not a part of what ESO+ grants you. It's an Expansion, like how you have to buy expansions in Sims to have dogs and cats. Hopefully that means it is bigger than the DLCs.

Politely correct me if I am wrong. It IS confusing
  • VelociousLegend
    VelociousLegend
    ✭✭✭
    If we already own the game but want to purchase the Collector's Edition of the Morrowind expansion, will that still work the same as just upgrading? The Collector's Edition comes with the full game + expansion, so just install the new Morrowind version of the game (uninstall old version?) and I am good to go? @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Xbox - NA
    GT: VelociousLegend
    PC - NA
    @VelociousLegend

"All gave some. Some gave all."
  • DemiDemon
    DemiDemon
    ✭✭
    Any idea on what the file size for this will be? I'm debating on downloading it but if the file size is way to large, will have to get the physical copy.

I'd love to get the collectors edition and be able to get the stuff with it, what would happen to my version of ESO (purchased from Amazon) if I bought the collectors edition? I know it comes with it but I'd like to be able to get the journal as well.

Will Warden be available in the base game as well? Any chance of character slot expansions if so?

Would I be able to get this game yet still play with my other friends that do not have the Morrowind expansion? I know you can go from Morrowind into Tamriel from what I recall from the livestream so that made me curious.

Sorry for the barrage of questions but best to ask'em now then wait a bit. XD

I made a thread with these questions (minus some edits/removals), sadly it seems to have gotten buried so will just post'em here in hopes that some of them may be answered.
    PC/Xbox One - NA
  • Greevir
    Greevir
    ✭✭✭✭
    If we already own the game but want to purchase the Collector's Edition of the Morrowind expansion, will that still work the same as just upgrading? The Collector's Edition comes with the full game + expansion, so just install the new Morrowind version of the game (uninstall old version?) and I am good to go? @ZOS_GinaBruno

Interested in how this works as well. I already own ESO and I want the Collectors Edition to recieve the Statue, Journal, Box, etc. Will I be able to apply the CE to my current account or will I have to buy both the CE and an upgrade to my current account?
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a good question, are we adding to our current installation if we have it, or completely replacing it?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• MinuitPro
    MinuitPro
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think this is a DLC for ESO1T, it's a completely different (new) ESO game.

@ZOS_GinaBruno, can you confirm or further explain this? I think many people are struggling with the concepts of 1) Is this an integration to ESO1T (a non-free DLC) or 2) Is it a separate game all together that simply allows access to your existing characters?

If it functions as an integrated DLC, I somewhat agree with davidb16_ESO7 that this feels like a brush off to Plus members as they are used to new content being available to them and will leave us wondering if we will no longer get DLCs after Homestead and are simply paying you money for crowns and a material craft bag - which we do value, by the way; I'm just not sure how that value will correspond to saving our memberships.

However, If it is a separate game, are there any other integrations to the "base game," such as you can do anything and go anywhere as you would in ESO1T, you're on the same servers with the same users and guilds, etc?

Clarity on the integration or non-integration would be greatly appreciated. It does look like a stunning game to get - but it leaves us with questions.

Thanks!
  • Kytte
    Kytte
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Will there be a pre-order option for Aus? Particularly EB games. At a glance I notice that I have the option to buy the collectors edition on amazon to post to Aus. Unsure if that will actually work. It would be good to know I have options.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greevir wrote: »

Interested in how this works as well. I already own ESO and I want the Collectors Edition to recieve the Statue, Journal, Box, etc. Will I be able to apply the CE to my current account or will I have to buy both the CE and an upgrade to my current account?

@Greevir Pete Hines answered yes to this on Twitter :)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3742512/#Comment_3742512
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • WolfTickets
    WolfTickets
    ✭✭
    Will the PC physical Collector's Edition have a download code for Morrowind and all the bonus content? I'm not going to buy a CD drive just for a collector's edition. Also, since the physical CE is the only one not listed in the ESO store, will we have to wait until it physically arrives from the retailer before we can play the new content?
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Questions for a twitter friend:

Are all the "PC" editions good to go for Mac? (Digital editions as well as phyical CE) I'm guessing it's just a code that applies to your account so you can download either Windows or Mac version.. but Amazon is reporting it as a game for Windows 7/8 - so friend wasn't sure.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • VelociousLegend
    VelociousLegend
    ✭✭✭
    Will the PC physical Collector's Edition have a download code for Morrowind and all the bonus content? I'm not going to buy a CD drive just for a collector's edition. Also, since the physical CE is the only one not listed in the ESO store, will we have to wait until it physically arrives from the retailer before we can play the new content?

Good points as well.
    Xbox - NA
    GT: VelociousLegend
    PC - NA
    @VelociousLegend

"All gave some. Some gave all."
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So in case anyone's interested, I collated the prices announced so far:

Morrowind® Digital upgrades for existing ESO players are:
    US $40 for normal Morrowind and $60 for the Collectors' Edition.
    GBP £29.99 for normal and £49.99 for Collectors' Edition.
    EUR €39.99 for normal and €69.99 for Collectors' Edition.
    CAD $49.99 for normal and $79.99 for Collectors' Edition.
    AUD $59.95 for normal and $89.95 for Collectors' Edition.

Morrowind® Digital Edition for players who don't already own Elder Scrolls Online are:
    US $59.99 for normal and $79.99 Collectors' Edition.
    GBP £39.99 for normal and £64.99 for Collectors' Edition.
    EUR €59.99 for normal and €79.99 for Collectors' Edition.
    CAD $79.99 for normal and $109.99 for Collectors' Edition.
    AUD $89.95 for normal and $114.95 for Collectors' Edition.

These are the DIGITAL prices. The physical edition, with statue and book, will of course cost more. It's apparently US $100 on the Bethesda store right now, but who knows how much it'll be in other currencies.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 1900+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1200+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is there a deadline for pre-ordering?
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are these pre-order links supposed to work? They don't for me.

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/preorder

Choose "Digital Collectors Edition Upgrade" then "Playstation Store" and you get an error page on elderscrollsonline

The Amazon option isn't much better.
    PS4NA
  • steussy
    steussy
    ✭✭✭
    This is probably a stupid question but are current characters useable for the expansion?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    Is there a deadline for pre-ordering?

You have until Morrowind goes live on June 6, though physical Collector's Editions (being a physical product) are as supplies last.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • ginoboehm
    ginoboehm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    steussy wrote: »
    This is probably a stupid question but are current characters useable for the expansion?

Yes. just imagine it as a DLC. Zenimax introduced the term expansion/new chapter to underline it's importance and size.
    It works like any DLC but is just bigger and better.
    And has to be payed outside of the Crowns Eso+ system
    Edited by ginoboehm on January 31, 2017 10:09PM
  • Symposium56
    It says we unlock the Discovery Pack automatically when we preorder. So do we get to use the Discovery pack now? And if we preorder through a retailer like Amazon how do we unlock the pack?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    The items from the Discovery Pack will be available to use once Morrowind releases on June 6.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the reveal today. My question is I have 12 max characters with horse and bag space leveled. So deleting a character seems to be drastic and unecessary. Will there be a way to get another character slot or two? Hate to not have a warden especially if it adds new game play elements.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • DschiPeunt
    DschiPeunt
    ✭✭✭✭
    My question is this: If I already own ESO: TU and order the physical Collector's edition, will I be able to add the expansion to my existing account? If so, will I be able to use the included version of the base game as a 2nd account with no access to Morrowind.
    So basically I want to know, if I can split the base game and the Morrowind expansion from the physical Collector's edition.
    Server: EU AD || Guilds: EquinoX

Telleno || Dro-M'Athra Destroyer || Magicka DK || My YouTube-Channel || Profile on ESO-Database

World 1st vMoL Hardmode
    World 1st vHRC Hardmode (SotH)
    World 1st vAA Hardmode (SotH)
    World 1st vSO Hardmode (Dark Brotherhood)
  • HerrRhodes
    A few things

If i want to buy the physical collectors edition but i already own the game, will this work? Extension to this question, will there be a cheaper version of the physica collectors edition without the base game included for veteran players and TES hardcore fans?

Second thing. If i were to cancel my ESO+ subscription, will i be able to keep my dlc? Ir will i have to purchase it?

Third, a long time ago, when zeni was just starting to tease their dlc, we saw a small clip labled something along the lines of clockwork city (which i believe is in morrowind. Will this be in the expansion pack??? If anyone knows...
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kytte wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Will there be a pre-order option for Aus? Particularly EB games. At a glance I notice that I have the option to buy the collectors edition on amazon to post to Aus. Unsure if that will actually work. It would be good to know I have options.

yes i would like to know this as well
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• Daisani
    Daisani
    Soul Shriven
    Browsing the preorder options I noticed it's for PC/Mac only. Any ETA on a pre order for Xbox One or PS4?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, when does this hit PTS?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • TwilightPrincess

This. We need answers or we will go crazy!
    I really want the Physical Collector's Edition. If I buy it, will it have a code to upgrade my account or will I have to create a new account for the Morrowind Expansion?
    PC/EU
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    Raiding with 'Omnia Vincit'
    Guild Mistress of 'Eternal Embers'
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, ZOS, for new zone and content. I'm sure it will be fun. Just please do something about achievements or class changes for those who's been playing for a while and couldn't main Warden and progress on it. Don't make them do all achievements again.

p.s. I had a question here, but I've found the answer after I actually read the thread.
    Edited by Artis on January 31, 2017 10:46PM
  • shenfa
    shenfa
    Soul Shriven
    Will we be able to buy this with crowns (I have some left over and would like to use them rather than paying the full 40 bucks) ?