Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Does Warden class come with the base game?

• hmsdragonfly
    hmsdragonfly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    It was unclear. New area is the content of the expansion, they didn't say if Warden class only comes with the expansion, of it is an update to the base game like Thieves Guild DLC and the Justice System.

Warden class is a change to the base game the way i see it, not extra content, like how Justice system is a chance to the base game and not a part of the DLC.

That's why i said, it was unclear, and we need an official statement.

The Warden class is no change to the base game, it's an addition in some kind of class content. Are you guys really thinking that ZOS will give you an entire class for free? Come on.

And no, it is not unclear. Gina Bruno said it and they said it during the stream. The Morrowind content must be purchased so that you can experience it. If they rework the base classes with Morrowind, that's for free. The Warden class is part of the Morrowind content and won't be for free.

It's the way I see it, I don't say my way of seeing things is the ultimate way of seeing things, can you please leave a guy doing a part of his human right, which is asking question? Thank you.
    Aldmeri Dominion Loyalist. For the Queen!
    Options
  • hmsdragonfly
    hmsdragonfly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Warden comes with Morrowind and is not part of the base game. Only those that own Morrowind will be able to create a Warden. The Discovery Pack some of you saw was for a Warden costume for any of your characters, not the actual class.

Thanks Gina for the confirmation.
    Aldmeri Dominion Loyalist. For the Queen!
    Options
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Warden comes with Morrowind and is not part of the base game. Only those that own Morrowind will be able to create a Warden. The Discovery Pack some of you saw was for a Warden costume for any of your characters, not the actual class.

Thank you for clarification.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    It was unclear. New area is the content of the expansion, they didn't say if Warden class only comes with the expansion, of it is an update to the base game like Thieves Guild DLC and the Justice System.

Warden class is a change to the base game the way i see it, not extra content, like how Justice system is a chance to the base game and not a part of the DLC.

That's why i said, it was unclear, and we need an official statement.

The Warden class is no change to the base game, it's an addition in some kind of class content. Are you guys really thinking that ZOS will give you an entire class for free? Come on.

And no, it is not unclear. Gina Bruno said it and they said it during the stream. The Morrowind content must be purchased so that you can experience it. If they rework the base classes with Morrowind, that's for free. The Warden class is part of the Morrowind content and won't be for free.

It's the way I see it, I don't say my way of seeing things is the ultimate way of seeing things, can you please leave a guy doing a part of his human right, which is asking question? Thank you.

You already have your official answer now. ;)
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow , you guys locked a class behind a paywall . That's going to really ruffle some jimmies in PVP .
    Options
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭

100% certain this class with be overtuned and broken now.
    PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
    Options
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow , you guys locked a class behind a paywall . That's going to really ruffle some jimmies in PVP .

Funny, because most other MMOs do the exact same thing, I know that DCUO sells 'powers' separately as well... and ESO seems to take many ideas from DCUO.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno, not to go terribly off topic, but will the expansion come with additional character slots so we can actually roll up Wardens?
    Options
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Sure, but since PvPers are going to want access to the Battlegrounds they are going to be buying the expansion anyway so meh.

This is how all games do it though. Blizzard locked DK behind the expansion as well. The only way people would keep buying new stuff is if some of the cooler content is locked into the expansion
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure, but since PvPers are going to want access to the Battlegrounds they are going to be buying the expansion anyway so meh.

This is how all games do it though. Blizzard locked DK behind the expansion as well. The only way people would keep buying new stuff is if some of the cooler content is locked into the expansion

There's a lot of PVP players saying they don't want battlefields . Especially if it's the same mindless death match and capture the flag ones in other games . I laughed when I heard the details . All we are missing is Huttball . You see how empty Imperial City is ? They have to have an event to get that place buzzing . This is locked behind a paywall so you may not get a great turnout in battlefields . With PVP performance and balance issues not addressed , there are a lot of players not wanting to throw more money into this . Putting battlefields in with an expansion purchase was just as bad an idea as IC .
    Options
  • VelociousLegend
    VelociousLegend
    ✭✭✭
    I can see some players making the argument that putting the warden class behind a expansion paywall as pay to win - especially if the class is OP. Because you know class balance and all ;-)

I will almost certainly purchase this DLC personally, but others not able to will make that p2w argument.
    Xbox - NA
    GT: VelociousLegend
    PC - NA
    @VelociousLegend

"All gave some. Some gave all."
    Options
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!!! :smile:
    Options
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So it will be like imperial race DLC (pay 2 unlock the ability to play as imperial). For those who play PvP this is really bad news. I just hope ZOS will be reasonable and it won't be some kind off insane "Power Creep".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossary_of_video_game_terms

Quoting
    "The gradual unbalancing of a game due to successive releases of new content."
    Options
  • Caff32
    Caff32
    ✭✭✭✭

If you own Morrowind, will you be able to create a Warden and use it for the base ESO content and not just Morrowind content?
    Options
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caff32 wrote: »

If you own Morrowind, will you be able to create a Warden and use it for the base ESO content and not just Morrowind content?

That would be correct, they mentioned that people who create a new character in Morrowind can then go on to ESO and complete the content there as well.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
    Options
  • sebban
    sebban
    ✭✭✭✭

So if the Warden turns out to be the most OP class, ESO will officially be pay to win?
    PC EU
    Dweia Ceban - StamDK
    Adara Ceban - MagBlade
    Daewa Ceban - MagSorc
    Tick-Tock Tormentor

Chimaira.eu

Friskyttarna.eu
    Options
  • Imhotep71
    Imhotep71
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldnt that be pay2win? I think it will come with the base game.

How is that pay to win??? If thats the case then WoW: Wrath of the Lich King and WoW: Legion are pay to win.

FFS....pay to win....
    Ever dance with the Devil in the pale moonlight?

Options
  • Tyvarra
    Tyvarra
    ✭✭✭

Thx for clearing that up. But its disappointing. Isnt that p2w? I thought you never wanted to do that...
    Please fix the game!
    Options
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyvarra wrote: »

Thx for clearing that up. But its disappointing. Isnt that p2w? I thought you never wanted to do that...

It's only P2W if the Warden class is super OP compared to the others. I expect at first it will be a bit OP, but will get nerfed shortly thereafter. So no, P2W would mean that the Warden class outperforms all other classes... instead, it will be/should be equal to the others... which means it is NOT P2W. Other MMOs also have new classes/powers behind pay walls, but they are never OP compared to the others, just different.
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Caff32 wrote: »

Yep!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOTRO has couple of premium classes for subscribers only, i would be glad if Warden is for ESO+ only as Morrowind is not.

But of Morrowind, im very happy i get to have another nice statue and another collectors box of ESO :)
    >>PC-EU Mostly PVE. Played since BETA<<
    Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It will not.

Every MMO that has tied classes to expansions has not made the new classes available in the base game.

See GW1 and GW2 as examples.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on January 31, 2017 9:58PM
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It will not.

Every MMO that has tied classes to expansions has not made the new classes avaiable in the base game.

See GW1 and GW2 as examples.

Or for something even closer to home.

See imperial edition as example.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there any plans to release more character slots with the new class? I've got 12 characters already and I'm planning on transferring them over. Would hate to waste all of the horse riding lessons.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
    Options
  • Flynch
    Flynch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just bear with it! ;)

too soon?
    Options
  • ginoboehm
    ginoboehm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there any plans to release more character slots with the new class? I've got 12 characters already and I'm planning on transferring them over. Would hate to waste all of the horse riding lessons.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

yeah 2 more slots at least would be great just for one warden in stam and one in magicka
    Options
  • Mic1007
    Mic1007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want 3 slots so I can make a Stam Warden DPS, Magicka Warden DPS, and a Magicka Warden Tank (why else would Frost Staff become a Tanking weapon?). :)
    @Mic1007
    Champion Rank 900+
    DC/AD/EP
    PC NA

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    Options
  • ginoboehm
    ginoboehm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mic1007 wrote: »
    I want 3 slots so I can make a Stam Warden DPS, Magicka Warden DPS, and a Magicka Warden Tank (why else would Frost Staff become a Tanking weapon?). :)

yeah cool too. or just give endless slots i mean nobody will create 100s of chars it is not that cheap anyway.
    Options
  • corrosivechains
    corrosivechains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , does this mean when we can buy morrowind with crowns that warden will also be apart of that pack as well? or will it be split up for crown purchasers?
    "Could you post me a link to the official MMO rule book please." - clayandaudrey_ESO
    Options
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Locking a class behind a paywall perhaps isn't the best of ideas with this. Especially with the track record of balancing? Kinda like residing your house without getting rid of the termites. :disappointed:
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
    Options