The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Does Warden class come with the base game?

• ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , does this mean when we can buy morrowind with crowns that warden will also be apart of that pack as well? or will it be split up for crown purchasers?

Gina already stated you will NOT be able to buy Morrowind with Crowns.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
    Options
  • corrosivechains
    corrosivechains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , does this mean when we can buy morrowind with crowns that warden will also be apart of that pack as well? or will it be split up for crown purchasers?

Gina already stated you will NOT be able to buy Morrowind with Crowns.

well that's kinda balls
    "Could you post me a link to the official MMO rule book please." - clayandaudrey_ESO
    Options
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its 40 bucks....get a job.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
    Options
  • corrosivechains
    corrosivechains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valen_Byte wrote: »
    Its 40 bucks....get a job.

it's not a matter of having a job or not having the money. The issue is I already paid for it buy purchasing crowns with the intent purpose to sit on them for DLC/Expansion releases. There isn't anything else in the crown store that I'd spend my money on. I'm not paying for something twice.
    "Could you post me a link to the official MMO rule book please." - clayandaudrey_ESO
    Options
  • buxuus
    buxuus
    Tapio75 wrote: »
    LOTRO has couple of premium classes for subscribers only, i would be glad if Warden is for ESO+ only as Morrowind is not.

But of Morrowind, im very happy i get to have another nice statue and another collectors box of ESO :)

Slightly off-topic... but LOTRO (and DDO for that matter) do not have subscriber only classes. While the premium classes are available through their VIP programme, they can also be purchased via the in game store for points. Since points can be earned by playing the game as well as by purchase with real-world money, they can be obtained at no cost (except for a lot of game play time).
    Options
  • Kemono
    Kemono
    ✭✭✭
    buxuus wrote: »
    Tapio75 wrote: »
    LOTRO has couple of premium classes for subscribers only, i would be glad if Warden is for ESO+ only as Morrowind is not.

But of Morrowind, im very happy i get to have another nice statue and another collectors box of ESO :)

Slightly off-topic... but LOTRO (and DDO for that matter) do not have subscriber only classes. While the premium classes are available through their VIP programme, they can also be purchased via the in game store for points. Since points can be earned by playing the game as well as by purchase with real-world money, they can be obtained at no cost (except for a lot of game play time).

Ahem, actually you are bit wrong.
    Well -yes, you are also right...

I mean -sure your words are true right now, BUT
    actually both Runekeeper and WARDEN rotfl ;) clasess used to be exclusive to Moria expansion for at least a year.
    Sure it was possible to buy that with Turbine Point (Crowns equivalent) or cash from the start

You are also right thare are no (and never was) clasess or races locked only for subscribers.

LOTRO has couple of premium classes for subscribers only
    thats a wishfull thinking and blatant lie. You dont even need a sub to purchase some of exclusive PvP "orc" clasess, they all are avaible in store

Obviously ESO+ subbers dont deserve any more rewards, they have enough allready (and even more coming with housing update)

************************************************************************************
    Cliff racer ultimates are concerning . Those things are brutal .
    For the blessing of "Special Friend" , dont remind me that fierce times :'(
    http://i.imgur.com/rA832.gif

Edited by Kemono on January 31, 2017 10:58PM
    Options
  • DoccEff
    DoccEff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, do not expect any class balance within the first year after the "expansion" came out...
    Options
  • jimshrum3b14_ESO
    sebban wrote: »
    The Warden comes with Morrowind and is not part of the base game. Only those that own Morrowind will be able to create a Warden. The Discovery Pack some of you saw was for a Warden costume for any of your characters, not the actual class.

So if the Warden turns out to be the most OP class, ESO will officially be pay to win?

I can't wait to go and gank people that aren't Warden!
    Options
  • Kadota94
    Kadota94
    Every PvP'er that gets beat by a Warden will cry FOUL
    Options
  • GawdSB
    GawdSB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow , you guys locked a class behind a paywall . That's going to really ruffle some jimmies in PVP .

Sure, but since PvPers are going to want access to the Battlegrounds they are going to be buying the expansion anyway so meh.

This is how all games do it though. Blizzard locked DK behind the expansion as well. The only way people would keep buying new stuff is if some of the cooler content is locked into the expansion

There's a lot of PVP players saying they don't want battlefields . Especially if it's the same mindless death match and capture the flag ones in other games . I laughed when I heard the details . All we are missing is Huttball . You see how empty Imperial City is ? They have to have an event to get that place buzzing . This is locked behind a paywall so you may not get a great turnout in battlefields . With PVP performance and balance issues not addressed , there are a lot of players not wanting to throw more money into this . Putting battlefields in with an expansion purchase was just as bad an idea as IC .

Imperial City is empty? Hmm, I can't seem to find a time for the other factions to leave me alone so I can actually do the quest there.
    Options
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the wardens a real thing now? I'm so dreading levelling another character. When do we get to see the skills ect? I'm guessing a while cause homestead isn't released yet
    Options
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First off: Sorry for necrobumping this thread. I just didn't want to start the whole "Is warden free, Yes or No, @ZoS confirm" topic again, when this topic is helpful enough.

To my main point:
    Won't it at least be possible to just buy the warden class for crowns? Or just money? I'm only interested in the class, everything else doesn't really wet my appetite. I just don't want to pay too much just for 1 thing. I don't want to buy the whole bag of candy only for 1 that one piece of candy I really, really want.
    Options
  • theher0not
    theher0not
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracindo wrote: »
    First off: Sorry for necrobumping this thread. I just didn't want to start the whole "Is warden free, Yes or No, @ZoS confirm" topic again, when this topic is helpful enough.

To my main point:
    Won't it at least be possible to just buy the warden class for crowns? Or just money? I'm only interested in the class, everything else doesn't really wet my appetite. I just don't want to pay too much just for 1 thing. I don't want to buy the whole bag of candy only for 1 that one piece of candy I really, really want.

I don't think that is possible. You have to buy the entire chapter if you want warden =(
    Edited by theher0not on May 9, 2017 8:32AM
    Options
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like the title. Does the class come with the base game, or it only comes with the paid expansion?

Technically it will ( yea i know its necro post). The base game will come when you buy a full morrowind copy. Basically, Morrowind is the base hame after it launches
    Options