Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

The Ideal Levelling Gear for Alts

iBreatheBullets
The title should be pretty self explanatory: I would like to hear people's full breakdowns of the gear they craft for their alts.

Please include the following:

Stamina or Magicka and what crafted sets you use for each.

What levels you make each set at and what quality.
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stam = hunding(5)+nmg(rest) training
    Magika = Julianos(5)+torug(3 for staff) or magnus(4 for DW) training

quality any you can afford to throw away quickly
  • iBreatheBullets

Stannum wrote: »

What levels do you make the sets at?

Edited by iBreatheBullets on January 31, 2017 12:49PM
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do not remember usually when i start to feel that i do not wipe mobs quickly. First set at lev 8, second ~24 third in the end of 30th (38-40). But sometimes I was lazy to recraft all the sets and recrafted weapons only. Armour is not so important as weapons.
    Edited by Stannum on January 31, 2017 12:54PM
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I prefer Seducer for leveling magicka characters. I used to use Julianos, but sustain becomes more of an issue than DPS while leveling.

Other than that, I second this post.

Hundings + NMG for Stam, Seducer + Torug's Pact for Magicka.

I make them all at levels 10, 20, 30 and 40, Training, white quality. I'll put a few white enchants if I have trouble with resources, but that is rare.
    Edited by Dasovaruilos on January 31, 2017 12:57PM
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    @hugocbp I usually use blue armour and purple weapons (have lots of unused mats so it costs me nothing) with white enchants. And my DPS is high enought to wipe mobs quicker then magika is low
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Depends on what you level. For example, any type of low level sorcerer (1-20) benefit much much more form magicka based sets, since skills you use at such low level are magicka ones.
    Similar is with DK and Templar. I have lvl 10 julianos/seducer purple training sets that I use for any alt I create. On Lvl 20 I have also purple julianos and hundings, and I use willow's path with them. Same is for levels 30 and 40. Weapons I have are few staves, few 2h axes and rest are swords.
    My lvl 10 gear is always 3 medium 2 heavy 2 light.
    I use drinks that restore stat I use for leveling.
    Also, I go for vampirism or lycantropy asap, to level that too.
    Lvl 20 and beyond is either the same (if using stamina build) or 2 medium 3 light 2 heavy.
    I do use banker/vendor when leveling, also ambrosia (yaay for fishing). If any other XP boost is avaliable, I use that too ( XP boost event, XP scroll, etc). One of my mules (appropriately named Filthy Breton Merchant) carry all that training gear when I don't use it.
    Edited by Enslaved on January 31, 2017 1:39PM
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @hugocbp I usually use blue armour and purple weapons (have lots of unused mats so it costs me nothing) with white enchants. And my DPS is high enought to wipe mobs quicker then magika is low

I used to make everything blue as well, but right now it is SO EASY to level that I don't even bother anymore.

I leveled a MagSorc from 4 to 50 in about 10 hours just farming overland mobs and dolmens (to complete leveling some non-DPS skills).

With that place that everyone now knows, I know guildies who leveled from 4-50 in about 5 hours (with XP event and scrolls).

So, I kind of stopped doing anything other than white. I don't even bother with enchants anymore as well since this is so quick now.

I still prefer Seducer for some reason, I always struggle more with Julianos when low level. Guess it is just a matter of skill (or my lack of, hehe) or playstyle.
  • Soella
    Soella
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's faster and cheaper now just buy leveling sets. Training trait if you aoe farm, anything if you quest/dolmen.