Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Discover the Next Chapter for ESO"

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khazmaal wrote: »
    Dagoth House!!! Dagoth House!!!! The sleeper is waking up!
    He is aliiiive!!!!! Aliiiive!
    And the Red Mountain exploded!!!!
    It'is the begining!!!!!
    For the Lorkhan's Heart!!!!
    We would certainly hope not. That event is scheduled for 2E 882 and not a moment sooner.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess summary:

1. ZOS is now Bethesda in terms of ESO development team so ZOS devs are being absorbed and that gives them more resources.

2. Future DLC details and previews of actual gameplay

3. Announcement on who won the trips

Again...my guesses

As far as Matts article, I think it'll come but tomorrow is something due deferent but it has to come first because in his detail, tomorrow's announcement will be revealed
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This reminds me of the hype from OneTamriel, so I'm thinking it's more than just a DLC. Maybe Spellcrafting? They shelved it at one point but specifically said they might revisit it at a later date.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It'is the begining!!!!!
    Set that represent each Great Dunmeri House, including Dagoth (c'mon we have stealable banner), crafting style style of each house armor (hitin, bone, etc..), and forum avatar of each House, especially of Dagoth House please.
    P.S.: There should be many Lorkhan's Sky Shards around zone where his Heart containing.
    Edited by Cinbri on January 30, 2017 6:29PM
  • Khazmaal
    Khazmaal
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    It'is the begining!!!!!
    We would certainly hope not. That event is scheduled for 2E 882 and not a moment sooner.

Yes, But the Red Mountain is waking up too ^^ And since the chaos about the Numidium we can travel in time!
    Sotha Sil is the architect also and the false god of time...!
    That's why everything is possible!
    And that's why Sotha Sil is the guardian of clock Tower!!!
    We can travel into the time! Thank you to the false god Sotha Sil! B)
    That'll be also that i say because after ... may be that should be a big spoiler! ;)

Edited by Khazmaal on January 30, 2017 7:06PM
    "Fanatical about Sheogorath, until day or I remembered myself, that I was Sheogorath! "
  • argouru
    argouru
    ✭✭✭
    Could you please add the twitch stream to your youtube channel? I'll be at work with no access to twitch when this airs and would like to be able to watch it later.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    argouru wrote: »
    Could you please add the twitch stream to your youtube channel? I'll be at work with no access to twitch when this airs and would like to be able to watch it later.

@argouru it gets saved to twitch, so when you get home and have access to twitch just look in "past broadcasts" :)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »
    16387060_1880663245553777_3320984841629951949_n.jpg?oh=1409e7803a508217155d821ebb2b5f0b&oe=5902607C

Now announcing our next expansion... THE BUTTCRACK OF DOOM

QCaGx5K.png?3

:wink:
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That sounds way too ominous for just a "Road Ahead 2017" type of thing. I am not looking forward to this. The bigger the hype, the less it benefits me. It sounds like they are setting the stage for some seriously disappointing news. Sorry to be so pessimistic. I have had my hopes dashed against the rocks by the ZOS waves before. It is hard to forget.

open-uri20150422-20810-11ej849_779819a7.jpeg?region=0,0,600,600&width=320
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, with that sort of Hype, this sounds much bigger than just a dlc. They didn't wanna see our reactions with any of the big things they've unveiled before, even One-Tam. Here's to hoping its awesomesauce!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oci1CuCht7E
    Edited by Vyle_Byte on January 30, 2017 7:21PM
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. ZOS is now Bethesda in terms of ESO development team so ZOS devs are being absorbed and that gives them more resources.

No.
    2. Future DLC details and previews of actual gameplay

Likely details on future DLC. I would not expect any gameplay, nothing more than trailers, maybe for a new CGI movie.
    3. Announcement on who won the trips

I forgot about this. Hmm. This does not sound like an event that would include that, but I suppose it could.

Enodoc wrote: »
    It'is the begining!!!!!

Yes, But the Red Mountain is waking up too ^^ And since the chaos about the Numidium we can travel in time!
    Sotha Sil is the architect also and the false god of time...!
    That's why everything is possible!
    And that's why Sotha Sil is the guardian of clock Tower!!!
    We can travel into the time! Thank you to the false god Sotha Sil! B)
    That'll be also that i say because after ... may be that should be a big spoiler! ;)

While Vvardenfell will certainly be mentioned, this is not about Vvardenfell. My feeling is that the next chapter is off-world, in some Oblivion plane controlled by some Daedric Prince.

Speaking of which, what is the "blue" background painting on the age gate page? I don't recall seeing this one, before.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of which, what is the "blue" background painting on the age gate page? I don't recall seeing this one, before.
    The agegate background is the loading screen for Hel Ra Citadel.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While Vvardenfell will certainly be mentioned, this is not about Vvardenfell.
    Vvardenfell is pretty high up there in importance though. The teaser image is a volcano, after all.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jitterbug wrote: »
    That sounds way too ominous for just a "Road Ahead 2017" type of thing. I am not looking forward to this. The bigger the hype, the less it benefits me. It sounds like they are setting the stage for some seriously disappointing news. Sorry to be so pessimistic. I have had my hopes dashed against the rocks by the ZOS waves before. It is hard to forget.

open-uri20150422-20810-11ej849_779819a7.jpeg?region=0,0,600,600&width=320

Exactly. I get all excited and built up for an awesome change, only to find out that they are contracting out to Bob's Discount Game Studio for all future changes to the game. It will be full free to play with an all new P2W cash shop where you have to purchase every change you make during character generation. To save costs, they are moving all platforms to one semi-megaserver, where lag will be epic and you have to open a ticket with support a week before you want to log in. Also, support will be disbanded in favor of Magic 8 Ball. As soon as the new developers finish 7th grade, they will start rolling out updates.

With ZOS, it is all about managing expectations in an attempt to still be happy when they break the bad news.

On the other hand, if this is a great announcement, I have all the more reason to be happy.

There is absolutely no down side to assuming the worst, when dealing with ZOS. :smile:
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - CGI teaser
    - live announcement stream
    - wanting us to film our reactions when watching
    - Pete Hines, VP of PR and marketing will be present
    - Rich Lambert will wear pants
    - live from San Fransisco, not one of their home studios

How big can this thing even get!?
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    - CGI teaser
    - Rich Lambert will wear pants <- - - - - LIES!

Edited by Elsonso on January 30, 2017 8:06PM
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rise from darkness, Red Mountain!
    Spread your dark clouds and green vapors!
    Birth earthquakes, shatter stones!
    Feed the winds with fire!
    Flay the tents of the tribes from the land!
    Feed the burned earth with our souls!

Yet never shall you have your rule over me.
    Never shall I tremble or flinch from your power.
    Never shall I yield my home and hearth.
    And from my tears shall spring forth
    The flowers of grassland springs.

- The Five Far Stars, Zershishi Mus-Manul
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - CGI teaser
    - Rich Lambert will wear pants <- - - - - LIES!

also
    Edited by Sigtric on January 30, 2017 8:18PM

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speechless. My world IS falling apart.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speechless. My world IS falling apart.

lol. it is a bit unnerving for sure.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elder scrolls 6 will be announced
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - CGI teaser
    - Rich Lambert will wear pants

And this...

ESO Website for maintenance – January 31, 10:00AM EST (15:00 GMT)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • VelociousLegend
    VelociousLegend
    ✭✭✭
    Suit from Bethesda attending the stream? Large non-home studio location? And @ZOS_RichLambert is actually wearing pants!!?

This has got to be BIG news!
    Xbox - NA
    GT: VelociousLegend
    PC - NA
    @VelociousLegend

"All gave some. Some gave all."
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, to their benefit this can't fail as horribly as #CosbyMeme did.

So bring on the somewhat lukewarm reactions!
    signing off
  • Hartagon
    Hartagon
    ✭✭✭
    Damn dude this is an expansion reveal.

I really enjoyed the ESO stories, looking forward to what's next.
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When was the last time Pete Hines appeared on ESO Live? Was it to announce B2P? Hmmmmmm.
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kewl wrote: »

When was the last time Pete Hines appeared on ESO Live? Was it to announce B2P? Hmmmmmm.

Matt was also on there for that.

It seems like Matt won't be there.

Calm your jimmies ... For now. :D
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    kewl wrote: »

Matt was also on there for that.

It seems like Matt won't be there.

Calm your jimmies ... For now. :D

How do we know it is in San Franciso, that Hines will be there, and that Firor won't?
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm still guessing 'help Tribunal get Numidium' for plotline. It's a much better timeframe to do that then jump the schedule with Dagoth Ur.
    Where is the dedication? The loyalty? Your priority in life? You are never going to get the top Fan Achievement with thinking like that. :smiley:

Hey, if Zenimax wanted a say in what I do with my working hours, they should have hired me the last time I was on the job market. :p
    It will be full free to play

Thank you for bringing up this possibility; now I don't have to.

#proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still guessing 'help Tribunal get Numidium' for plotline. It's a much better timeframe to do that then jump the schedule with Dagoth Ur.

Having to do that would hurt me on a personal level, knowing what will happen in the future x_x
    Glad my characters are blissfully unaware.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.