Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Discover the Next Chapter for ESO"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
8a6f793a544601b0e070d9ddcae432.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Discover the Next Chapter for ESO. Be sure to join us tomorrow, January 31st at 11:00am PST / 2:00pm EST / 7:00pm GMT on twitch.tv/bethesda to discover the next chapter for The Elder Scrolls Online. We'll be unveiling a bunch of new, exciting information that you definitely won't want to miss!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hype! Vvardenfell please! Hype again!
    1imjna.jpg
    Edited by Cinbri on January 30, 2017 3:15PM
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is that when Matt publishes his road ahead article, @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom ?
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sounds way too ominous for just a "Road Ahead 2017" type of thing. I am not looking forward to this. The bigger the hype, the less it benefits me. It sounds like they are setting the stage for some seriously disappointing news. Sorry to be so pessimistic. I have had my hopes dashed against the rocks by the ZOS waves before. It is hard to forget.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HYPE! I'm looking forward to this. I came back at the right time it seems.

The next chapter sounds like you all plan to make this a very big update with the progression in the story we've been waiting for.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The next chapter makes it sound like something more than a DLC, could we be seeing the first expansion? :hushed:.

Can't wait for tomorrow, should be amazing.
  • souravami
    souravami
    ✭✭✭✭
    It'll be vvardenfell, mephalas realm and clockwork city combined into one big expansion.
    PC NA
    vMOL. vAA HM. vHRC HM. vSO HM. vMA on every single class.
    "A game should be fun to play. Balance always comes second."
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This lava thing is getting bigger and bigger with each picture you've been posting since yesterday xD

So yeah, Vvardenfell is coming!!! <3<3<3

It all began with this...
    16265886_1880170035603098_3802357450476460759_n.jpg?oh=21df9bd3f80a68cdb3c04ef52e826f0d&oe=59069667

and then...
    16387862_1880302792256489_1113151509005130452_n.jpg?oh=3a7c012323f25fe279d43a77368c69f3&oe=5918D4E4

and now...
    16387060_1880663245553777_3320984841629951949_n.jpg?oh=1409e7803a508217155d821ebb2b5f0b&oe=5902607C
    Edited by Tyrion87 on January 30, 2017 3:51PM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »
    This lava thing is getting bigger and bigger with each picture you've been posting since yesterday xD

Okay I somehow failed to notice that. :sweat_smile:

I'm really going to laugh if this isn't anything to do with Vvardenfell though and we're all hyping for nothing.
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

I'm really going to laugh if this isn't anything to do with Vvardenfell though and we're all hyping for nothing.

Yeah, I don't think that this graphic, or the video, is a teaser for Vvardenfell. That is way too small for "The Next Chapter" Edit: We are not thinking big enough. Edit 2: We need to be thinking "What happens after the defeat of Molag Bal"
    Edited by Elsonso on January 30, 2017 3:24PM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

Yeah, I don't think that this graphic, or the video, is a teaser for Vvardenfell. That is way too small for "The Next Chapter" Edit: We are not thinking big enough. Edit 2: We need to be thinking "What happens after the defeat of Molag Bal"

Well it could be multiple zones/parts at once.

We know the hints from the end of Orsinium as to who the new enemies will be, it could be they've bundled multiple announced items into one super expansion.

Vvardenfell, Clockwork City, PvP Arenas + more surprising zones all bundled into one? We can hope right?
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are killing me here Gina.

Tell Rich it's his fault.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time in several formats including GMT !! Kudos for that Gina ! That kind of little effort achieves a lot Thank you.

• Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is starting to sound way bigger than the announcement for another DLC. Wanting us to film our reactions? Good grief, what could they think to surprise us with? I'm almost scared!
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also,
    IXI4nt1.gif
    It's going down.
    I'm yelling CHIMEEEEEEER
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sounds way too ominous for just a "Road Ahead 2017" type of thing. I am not looking forward to this. The bigger the hype, the less it benefits me. It sounds like they are setting the stage for some seriously disappointing news. Sorry to be so pessimistic. I have had my hopes dashed against the rocks by the ZOS waves before. It is hard to forget.

I kind of understand how you feel. I am excited but also scared at the same time. Them releasing a stream about something that have not been release are very unlike them. So it is very ominous.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    This is starting to sound way bigger than the announcement for another DLC. Wanting us to film our reactions? Good grief, what could they think to surprise us with? I'm almost scared!

Due to our failure of one last push for funding via the Dro-m'Athra Motif sale we no longer have the money to support the servers and they'll be closed tonight.

The image of the rock/lava was our depiction of ESO burning in hell from your failure to support it.
  • ChuckyPayne
    ChuckyPayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    We have been over 12 updates (buy to play changes, one tamriel, orsinium, etc.)
    Correct me if it is not true, but I don't remember one that had such a great fervor promoted any of them. It this is correct this is coming, it is bigger then before anything?

Or just a new zone or a new story line after main story?

This next day will be very long.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Paulington wrote: »
    The next chapter makes it sound like something more than a DLC, could we be seeing the first expansion? :hushed:.
    Next chapter of the main story. They've been hinting at the story continuing since the end of Orsinium, and this should be the start of expanding out the official plot post-Molag Bal.

• Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Very interested! Will be there :)
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    souravami wrote: »
    It'll be vvardenfell, mephalas realm and clockwork city combined into one big expansion.
    I hope you're right. I've been saying that for ages ;)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »

Maybe we will finally find out what the rest of the studio has been working on for the last two years. :smile:
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe we will finally find out what the rest of the studio has been working on for the last two years. :smile:
    Heh, yeah :stuck_out_tongue: I wonder how long the stream is. I'm supposed to be going out tomorrow evening, meaning I won't be able to watch it until 4 hours later :neutral: Would have liked to see it live.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Nickernator
    Nickernator
    ✭✭✭
    Restyling, spellcrafting, vvardenfell and clockwork city please :D
    ESO player since release
    EU - PC

Meet the CP 350+ family:
    Nickernator, Imperial Dragonknight, EP
    Dar'Dur, Khajit Nightblade, AD
    Elidur, High Elf Sorcerer, DC
    Gagane, Breton Tempelar, EP
    Remos Hlaalu, Dark Elf Dragonknight, EP
    Bazugor gro-Mazgulub, Orc Tempelar, EP
    Halcan, Redguard Sorcerer, EP
    Entros Longshot, Bosmer Nightblade, EP
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heh, yeah :stuck_out_tongue: I wonder how long the stream is. I'm supposed to be going out tomorrow evening, meaning I won't be able to watch it until 4 hours later :neutral: Would have liked to see it live.

Where is the dedication? The loyalty? Your priority in life? You are never going to get the top Fan Achievement with thinking like that. :smiley:

My guess is that the stream will be no longer than an hour.
  • EnOeZ
    EnOeZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    • PVP Balance ?
    • Combat and abilities overhaul ?
    • Classes overhaul ?
    • Lag Free Cyrodiil ?
    • Destro ultimate rework ?
    • PVP Battlegrounds ?
    • A true PVP-only economy ?
    • New sieges ?
    • New craftable gear (<=8 traits) ?
    • Consideration "pro" casual players ?
    • Something not to push you out of all advanced aspects of the game when not able to play on a regular basis like Auction House 10000 members for casuals (not kicked out of for 5 days off) ?
    • Skill-based game instead of gear-based game ?
    • PVP Balance with a true dedicated pvp team or true pvp players that do not lose to randoms in fights ? (oh *** already said that)
    • A pvp and combat team that talk to players on a regular basis and explain their decision and vision, give proof and balance and publish statistics of death recaps, kills, and any other performance indicators ?
    • A non-zerg or die Cyrodiil ?
    • So excited... ! >:)
  • DrSweetazz
    DrSweetazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Calling it - vr support so you can crash in 3d!

Hoping lava = red mountain content; also hoping for pvp arena/battlegrounds
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    So 2 things are almost clear. Its a new zone and continuation of story line.
    Main question is will we expect a normal DLC with zone / trial / group dungeon and many hours of game play or a Expansion with more systems.
    As for the Hype something we realy need and some we could have:

-Re-Style Clothing. Put to use the many Motifs we have
    -Jewelry Craft. At least for the crafting sets and a way to decon / upgrade the others
    -Upgrade Clothing to next CP level. If we have an upgrade OMG for the ones that spent many hours to have that sharp vmsa
    -New class based on frost or even conjuration
  • Celas_Dranacea
    Celas_Dranacea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    16387060_1880663245553777_3320984841629951949_n.jpg?oh=1409e7803a508217155d821ebb2b5f0b&oe=5902607C

Now announcing our next expansion... THE BUTTCRACK OF DOOM
    A Bosmer Nightblade Werewolf
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is that the stream will be no longer than an hour.

My guess is the stream will be a couple of minutes - the length of this trailer, which will announce Q2/2017 DLC, which will be Vvardenfell, which will be a "standard" DLC (i.e. included in ESO+ or purchasable in crowns), of a size comparable with Orsinium. I don't expect anything more - but that's already a lot ;-)

Could be that we get Matt Firor speaking afterwards - maybe.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on January 30, 2017 6:04PM
  • Khazmaal
    Khazmaal
    ✭✭✭
    Dagoth House!!! Dagoth House!!!! The sleeper is waking up!
    He is aliiiive!!!!! Aliiiive!
    And the Red Mountain exploded!!!!
    It'is the begining!!!!!
    For the Lorkhan's Heart!!!!
    the_house_of_dagoth_cosplay_set_by_whitedemon19-d9cgdbv.jpg

"Fanatical about Sheogorath, until day or I remembered myself, that I was Sheogorath! "