The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Spread the fight out please...

concegual
concegual
✭✭✭
Maybe its just me. But i get very tired of the same fights every night. I play Dc so my choices tend to be somewhere between ales and Chalman or someplace between Ash and Roe. IMO this is because of a poorly designed map... No amount of small rewards at towns is going to pull folks away from the inner circle. There should be a fight somewhere on the map for everyone...Current trend pushes the fight to 3 points...It is long overdue. Cyrodil needs a rebuild... Lets push them to do it by posting Ideas about how to make Cyrodil a more dynamic place to PvP....
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    concegual wrote: »
    Maybe its just me. But i get very tired of the same fights every night. I play Dc so my choices tend to be somewhere between ales and Chalman or someplace between Ash and Roe. IMO this is because of a poorly designed map... No amount of small rewards at towns is going to pull folks away from the inner circle. There should be a fight somewhere on the map for everyone...Current trend pushes the fight to 3 points...It is long overdue. Cyrodil needs a rebuild... Lets push them to do it by posting Ideas about how to make Cyrodil a more dynamic place to PvP....

There have been countless threads in which dedicated PvPers have posted [great] ideas and suggestions to make Cyrodiil more interesting. It's a shame really, since ZOS could temporarily place a band-aid on the severe lag issue if they gave the players a reason to fight all over the map instead of the Emp keeps and Alessia Bridge.
  • kuro-dono
    kuro-dono
    ✭✭✭✭
    problem is. most dedicated people just want to farm ap. not play campaign, not have competive action, but to CRUSH their enemies.

most videos of pvp we see consist of> either soloer who kill 2-20 in matter of seconds or minute or 2 OR, group of aoe choo choo:ers, or just mega casualish but still somewhat organized big big big guild raids.

to get the map become more alive, something needs to happen to the way you gain ap.

PS. when i use word "most" i am talking about... 90% of the videos we see.
    Edited by kuro-dono on January 29, 2017 4:38PM
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do people even care anymore? When battlegrounds come out I can guarantee that Cyro will be either deserted or only filled with lowbie sorcs and gankers. Battlegrounds is what will (sort of) revive competitive pvp in this game.
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The fight was certainly spread out today with EP & DC wiping AD off the map, as well as taking both scrolls, on TF.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • concegual
    concegual
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose when I say spread the fight out... I talk in terms of rebuilding the map so those that choose to zerg can do so.. those that choose to small man can do so... and those that choose to gank also have places to do so. Right now the fight is consolidated to such a small portion of the map that it is zerg rules... I was a long time DAOC player...This games PvP system is somewhat similar to the system there...except the map here has been crunched so that there are only ever 3 logical points which to fight. With a more diverse maps system the fights can easily be spread out.
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one has found that when you're in a faction with only 3 group leaders, but over 100 people begging for things to do you tend to end up with a lot of blobbing, and hiding inside of keeps but very little in the way of strategic manouevering.

Thusly Telel humbly recommends that if people honestly want their faction to spread out across the map they take up the thankless task of leading PUGs once or twice a week.

Especially those who claim to be 'good' group leaders because of how many destro ults they can use, but then send angry elf tells to a humble khajiit who just happened to be leading the group that wiped them. Give one of your friends the reigns and go spread your greatness to some newbs.

After all if someone as bad as Telel can do it......

Anywhoville. Just a thought from the worst player in the game.
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »
    Why do people even care anymore? When battlegrounds come out I can guarantee that Cyro will be either deserted or only filled with lowbie sorcs and gankers. Battlegrounds is what will (sort of) revive competitive pvp in this game.

I can tell you 100% that it not only won't do that.. but it'll spit the population and make pvp worse in the long run.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Battle grounds will be so bad. It will just be full of magplars, what ever the numbers will be half of the group will be magplars
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Battle grounds will be so bad. It will just be full of magplars, what ever the numbers will be half of the group will be magplars

In trueflame there are times where it seems like the ball groups are 50-80% magplars. Just spamming heals till ulti up, then roll like a steam train.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    concegual wrote: »
    Maybe its just me. But i get very tired of the same fights every night. I play Dc so my choices tend to be somewhere between ales and Chalman or someplace between Ash and Roe. IMO this is because of a poorly designed map...

Be careful what you wish for... EP and AD on Haderus have been pretty good about not pushing DC too hard too often. You could be fighting at your gates every night, which would be even more tiresome.

I agree the map is too easy. Everything just tends to roll downhill to the center and there are really only two points for any faction to need to seriously defend. Just blob up at those two points and ignore everything else and your faction is fine. (Snore.) Dragon/Drake/Brindle are rarely strategic map points, only important when your transit is otherwise impaired.

Towns were fun for a while, but now it's mostly just shoppers and questers. Seal clubbing PvE'ers isn't really PvP even if it is ego-boosting 1vX material. Bruma is somewhat of an exception; being so close to Dragon and Bleakers it's more useful to hold. We didn't just need more flags to fight over, we needed those flags to be really important, and towns just aren't.

We can't get rid of that lake in the middle though, and it really defines the shape of the map.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmm most fights between Ad and Pact seem to be on the bridge so get rid of the bridge
  • pcar944
    pcar944
    ✭✭✭✭

In trueflame there are times where it seems like the ball groups are 50-80% magplars. Just spamming heals till ulti up, then roll like a steam train.

feels like? that's exactly what it is

you win if you have more magplars then the enemy
    One Tamriel killed PVP

DC Magicka Orc Necromancer climbing those ranks ...
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    pcar944 wrote: »

feels like? that's exactly what it is

you win if you have more magplars then the enemy

No.
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The mechanics don't encourage spreading out and it's very hard to make a system in which "bring more people" doesn't eventually become the best strategy to win.

Additionally you have to remember that most players within PvP are looking to PvP, so they're going to want to go where or near where the enemy players are to fight.

ZOS could think about some kind of system where players need to capture and hold other locations in order to take another much like EVE Online did with their Sov system, but that might not fit well with ESO.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • concegual
    concegual
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just going to keep pointing back to Daoc.. for several reasons... This system is a near replica of the system there. Except for the few minor changes made which i suppose made implementing the Emp system easier... DAOC has a similar map with only a few differences. those differences are what spreads the fight out. One is more pinch points coming in and out of keeps and resources... force folks when leaving important travel paths to cross a bridge...travel through a narrow path etc... this gives gank points which can be useful to small groups and gankers...2. A separation between home keep areas. In Daoc they used a sea...in this game it would have to come with a tweaking how and where folks could respawn....want to respawn at a keep owned in enemy territory... best own the entire chain from your home territory. If not its a run back through a large forest which could be the separation between home keep areas....camps could stay but maybe increase the timers... or better yet make them group only...3. a real guild claim system with real perks for the guild that claims said keep. When a guild claims a keep give them real ways to improve the defenses of that keep...maybe some sort of guild currency which is spent on keep and resource improvement...eliminate night capping...if this system is done correctly guild claiming will no longer be a way to troll the enemy with funny named guild which have 1 member. It could also be a way to get more folks coming to cyrodil to check out the guild traders...
    I'm sure there are many other Ideas which could spread the fight out...Lets hear them.
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I've said this several times and I think there could be a way to spread out some of the fights. Adding more towns to the existing 3 and then add an independent transit system that connects only the towns. It would be like creating a second ring around the map. Something on the lines of the caravan that was so often discussed but never happened. The second ring would allow players to move across the map quickly and force players to defend more efficiently.

The towns are close to keeps thus would make them ideal critical points on the map. It would also, if more towns were added offer players who were able to connect all the towns or at least a portion of them a way to strike deep into the oppositions territory. I also believe that every town should participate and that each town should offer pts to the campaign. 3 flags 3 pts each. Should be interesting to see the math on something like that.
    Edited by Anazasi on January 30, 2017 1:42PM