The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[COMBUSTION] Magicka DK PVP Build

Jules
Jules
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Edited by Jules on January 28, 2017 1:42AM
JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
Viva La Aristocracy
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really hope LA works next patch but I doubt it. Great build!
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the 17 points in the more armour for 5 light CP is useless. Move those into thick skinned for better returns <3
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • iseko
    iseko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice build. Really like how it all fits togheter.

2 questions:
    1) why not just bloodspawn over 2 monster pieces? I understand your uptime is 100% over proc chance. But I find that even in a 1v1 fight it procs a LOT (dots and stuff...). You will get stam regen, resist and ulti over just resists.

2) Say you don't want to grind like mad over this. Do you think 5 lich jewelry/weapons and 5 bsw armor pieces will work. Your head and shoulder will be HA instead of legs and chest. Which mean some resistance loss. With the changes to cDB I thought lich would be a nice combo. Magicka gets low. Lich procs. Near infinite magicka for strong cDB heals etc.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: just watched again... I saw u did mention bloodspawn. Havnt had my coffee yet...
    Edited by iseko on January 28, 2017 10:02AM
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    iseko wrote: »

2 questions:
    1) why not just bloodspawn over 2 monster pieces? I understand your uptime is 100% over proc chance. But I find that even in a 1v1 fight it procs a LOT (dots and stuff...). You will get stam regen, resist and ulti over just resists.

2) Say you don't want to grind like mad over this. Do you think 5 lich jewelry/weapons and 5 bsw armor pieces will work. Your head and shoulder will be HA instead of legs and chest. Which mean some resistance loss. With the changes to cDB I thought lich would be a nice combo. Magicka gets low. Lich procs. Near infinite magicka for strong cDB heals etc.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: just watched again... I saw u did mention bloodspawn. Havnt had my coffee yet...

Lol no problem. I do think lich would work as a substitute for seducer but the only thing I worry about is the use of mist with lich.

Bloodspawn may be a better substitute depending on uptime as well. I go back and forth over this but just worry resistances when it's not procced will be your average light armor resists and leave you kindof vulnerable.

And yes it is a very grind intensive build - sorry :(
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DKsUnite wrote: »
    the 17 points in the more armour for 5 light CP is useless. Move those into thick skinned for better returns <3

How could increasing resistances in light be useless?
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • KisoValley
    KisoValley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jules wrote: »

Doesn't provide all that much is what he means I assume. I rarely see LA/MA cp being used, and only HA cp used by PVE tanks to hit a certain phys resist.

OT: Decent.
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Some CP tree's scale better wayy better than others. If you do the math on the damage mitigation gained from resistance cp tree's you'll find you get more mitigation per CP spent in other trees. Same goes for the blue tree.

Still a good build though. :)

Oh and sorry for crowning emp and ruining your HP lol.
    Edited by IxSTALKERxI on January 28, 2017 1:30PM
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • iseko
    iseko
    ✭✭✭✭

2 questions:

Thanks in advance.

Lol no problem. I do think lich would work as a substitute for seducer but the only thing I worry about is the use of mist with lich.

Bloodspawn may be a better substitute depending on uptime as well. I go back and forth over this but just worry resistances when it's not procced will be your average light armor resists and leave you kindof vulnerable.

Good point about the lich proc and mist... I use mist form too much as a purge for roots/snares lol. Still... Going to try it since I have lich stuff lying around. Ran CoH 234 friggin times for it. Damn well gonna use it. Ironically I have fire/resto staffs with sharpened/decisive/powered/defending. Was looking for 1h sharpened weapon... Never did find it. Bloody rng.

I was always afraid of running LA. Too squishy I always thought. Especially since I main azura... Gonna try it though. Atm im running 5 kags, 5 lich, 2 bloodspawn 5ha/2la. Hard too sustain when fighting outnumbered.

Very difficult too find the right balance between dmg, sustain and defense on a mag dk.

Edit: btw a neat trick: if you active s&b ulti and then mistform. You still are "blocking" and you reflect all projectiles. Saved my ass sooooo many times.
    Edited by iseko on January 28, 2017 2:01PM
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Some CP tree's scale better wayy better than others. If you do the math on the damage mitigation gained from resistance cp tree's you'll find you get more mitigation per CP spent in other trees. Same goes for the blue tree.

Still a good build though. :)

Oh and sorry for crowning emp and ruining your HP lol.

Lol ya thanks a lot!! False advertising smh
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

2 questions:

Thanks in advance.

Good point about the lich proc and mist... I use mist form too much as a purge for roots/snares lol. Still... Going to try it since I have lich stuff lying around. Ran CoH 234 friggin times for it. Damn well gonna use it. Ironically I have fire/resto staffs with sharpened/decisive/powered/defending. Was looking for 1h sharpened weapon... Never did find it. Bloody rng.

I was always afraid of running LA. Too squishy I always thought. Especially since I main azura... Gonna try it though. Atm im running 5 kags, 5 lich, 2 bloodspawn 5ha/2la. Hard too sustain when fighting outnumbered.

Very difficult too find the right balance between dmg, sustain and defense on a mag dk.

Edit: btw a neat trick: if you active s&b ulti and then mistform. You still are "blocking" and you reflect all projectiles. Saved my ass sooooo many times.

Yeah magicka dk really is the most balanced class imo. It suffers more than any other class from the damage vs. sustain vs. survivability conundrum.

You can spec all dmg and LA but you get rekt outnumbered if your health and resistances are too low. Or you can spec heavy, be super tanky and hit noodle whips. It's pretty frustrating, hence the inspiration for coming up with something that can capitalize off the advantages of both armor types.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    KisoValley wrote: »

Doesn't provide all that much is what he means I assume. I rarely see LA/MA cp being used, and only HA cp used by PVE tanks to hit a certain phys resist.

Idk perhaps it is a waste. It seems like a relatively low cp amount to allocate for the additional 1k phys resist to me but it may be worth it to dump them in thick skinned. More dots used in cyro than you'd think with poison inj, cripple, jabs, radiant, ect ect ect
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • Mako1132
    Mako1132
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    noooooooodle whips
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mako1132 wrote: »
    noooooooodle whips

Nope
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • No_True_Scotsman
    No_True_Scotsman
    ✭✭✭✭

Do you think the mitigation from 2 piece pirate skeleton net better mitigation than a second armor bonus?
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Do you think the mitigation from 2 piece pirate skeleton net better mitigation than a second armor bonus?

only issue with this is it nerfs your heals and I don't really like that, though it does kindof cancel out with volatile armor since that gives you 12% healing received. I guess it could be possible.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KisoValley wrote: »

Idk perhaps it is a waste. It seems like a relatively low cp amount to allocate for the additional 1k phys resist to me but it may be worth it to dump them in thick skinned. More dots used in cyro than you'd think with poison inj, cripple, jabs, radiant, ect ect ect

Half of abilities are classed as dots. 1k armour is 1.5% of mitigation against physical attacks. 17 points in thick skinned is like 7% against all dots. Doesn't really compare :)
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • Mazio
    Mazio
    ✭✭✭
    Very nice build, my 2 DK's (mag and stam) are leveled up and sat waiting for me to get round to gearing them up so this seems like a great place to start for my mag DK :)

Enjoyed the video too so i subbed, hope you do more build vids like this in the future.

One question I have though is you mentioned towards the end about using fire staff front bar and sword/board back bar in the next update. Sounds like a solid idea to me but how would you arrange your sets then? Mainly thinking of how you would plan to proc BSW... both sets on the front bar maybe with just one monster set item or do have something else in mind?
    Update 35- No Fun Allowed
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are combining a crafted set with a dropped one, you can save yourself some pain farming for sharpened weapon and make the sword part of the seducer 5-piece and use one light BSW armor piece.

I have seducer on chest, legs, gloves, sword and shield, and then sun on jewelry, boots and sash. It means losing the seducer bonus on the offbar, but that's balanced out by being able to get magicka back by heavy attacking. YMMV, of course.

Also, you specifically mentioned using legs for one of the heavier armor pieces because they give more armor: actually, legs have the same armor value as boots, helm and shoulders. Chest needs to be heavy of course, but for the medium piece you can use anything but gloves and sash.

For ex. Im using a medium shoulder piece (the monster drop happened to be medium) and this gives me extra fashion points for being able to make the light legs in daedric style (makes them look like a skirt).
    Edited by Sharee on January 29, 2017 3:24PM