The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Housing: Light "performance fix" bug -> I reproduced it!

manavortex
manavortex
✭✭✭✭
Hey there,

when I logged in today, my Velothi Reverie was sufficiently lit by the single Dark Elf Censer, hanging that I had put up in the room when I first encountered the doom and gloom performance fix and was so discouraged that I just dropped all of it. Happily, I started decorating again:

E6RoHYr35FiOoJlwFKMTfPAseGTzXL.png
This room is lit by nothing but five of the aforementioned censers, and it's awesome!

Encouraged, I started decorating again. The Velothi Reverie started to look like I wanted it to. But when I placed the twenty-first Dark Elf Censer, suddenly the doom and gloom proximity sensor lighting was back. :| Removing the item didn't help, neither did relogging.

I have used the following light sources:
  • Dark Elf Censer (hanging): 20 (seven in the main room and the basement, two in each of the smaller rooms
  • Dark Elf Candle, Votive Tray: 1
  • Dark Elf Candelabra, Angled: 1

Nothing else that sheds any kind of light, I even removed the skyshard and the enchanted gems.

Please fix this. I don't mind if my home is laggy for people who play on potato PCs (or myself) - I want it well-lit!

Thanks in advance.
Stop Zanil Theran's sinister plot to exterminate bank space! Give ESO+ subscribers a virtual Furniture Bag!
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something important to note is that houses are also affected by the day night cycle, just like the outside world.
    In your screenshot you can see the windows glowing in a warm yellow, indicating its daytime. This means the windows act as additional lightsources for that time. During the night the windows will stay dark and not emit any light, making rooms considerably darker for that duration.
    Jo'Khaljor