Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Absolutely awful experience ESO Xbox One - feedback

Lovelocke
Lovelocke
✭✭✭
I'm writing this post as a piece of feedback that the devs can either take or ignore. I'm not asking for support because there are hundreds of posts across the internet with my same issue and I have yet to see any comment from Zenimax about it.

Here's a little context: I'm trying to get my son into TESO. He's just quit and told me he doesn't want to play it anymore.

Main problem: "This may be an unusually long loading time"

Firstly, this message is factually inaccurate. "loading time" suggests the game will eventually load. It won't. You have to exit TESO and reopen.

We are getting this every single time we try to enter a dungeon. Not once in a while; every single time.

Sometimes only one of us gets it, other times both. But as we want to play together just one getting it means both of us can't play.

Every time we queue for a dungeon. Every day we play. Since we both got the game at Christmas.

Every time.

Every time.

What follows is quitting the game several times, sat there, hoping, while on party chat, that the game loads. When it loads we're saying "YEAAA IT LOADED!!!".

Do you see this Zenimax? We're celebrating just when a dungeon loads. This is disgraceful.

Can you explain to me how I can keep my son interested in your game if he spends approx. 75%+ of his time staring at an error message, and closing down and reopening the game?

Second problem: "You queued too soon, 15 min wait"

Okay so not only do you not allow us to join a dungeon, forcing us to close your game down over and over again, but when we finally get back into the game, and we see the group has either failed (other players have this same problem), or we're kicked, you then punish us and force us to wait 15 minutes before we can join another dungeon?

Thanks.

That's exactly what we enjoy, after spending 20 minutes trying to get into a dungeon; being punished with a further 15 minute wait before we can try again.

That's fantastic.

Our experience today

We log into the game, queue up for a dungeon, I get the long load time message, my son gets in.

They vote to kick me because after 3 attempts I still can't get in.

My son leaves the group.

We wait 15 minutes.

We try again. This time my son gets the long load time; I load in, and see another person in the group has the same problem.

After another approx. 20 minutes of trying we give up.

We wait another 15 minutes.

We try again. This time both of us get the long load time message. My son says, and I quote, "What's the point of this game dad? Can I go play Rocket League?"

Out of interest I decided to leave the loading screen up. It's been over an hour and it's still "an unusually long loading time".

Pathetic.

Request

Firstly, change that message. It should read something like "the game isn't loading, quit and try again". I ask this because I see threads all over the internet where people routinely wait 1hr+.

Secondly, put in a "cancel" button on that load screen, so we can simply cancel the request to join the dungeon and return back to our character, without having to start the game.

Thirdly, please remove the 15 minute punishment until you fix whatever is causing this problem.

And finally, please fix the problem. This game has so much fantastic content, and the dungeons are super fun, and I really desperately want my son to enjoy it.

p.s.

Just in case any dev or Zenimax employee reads this and actually cares, I am more than happy to spend my time helping you in any way - if you want logs, screenshots, recordings, even ISP speed tests, router logs, etc etc. I will do and provide anything if it helps you to resolve this.
  • GeorgeParker
    I hate being negative but the bottom line is this game is unfit to be on the Xbox platform.

In the 14 months I have been playing the periods of stable gameplay have been few and far between, and the problems when they occur have been game breaking and lasted for weeks.

When this game is stable it is an absolute gem but have sadly reached the point that I feel stupid trying to carry on with this bag of spanners ( would like to be way more blunt ).

But Lovelocke I feel your pain and frustration.
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it wasn't for the people I play with, I admit I would have quit a while ago.

The game is amazing! When it works.

Tonight we ran normal Maw of Lorkhaj. We had to use Xbox Party Chat because group chat stopped working at the first boss.

Afterwards we ran some dungeons. We had terribly long loading times, AoEs that remained active in the arena for five minutes after the boss that cast them was killed, terrible lag when using AoE ultimates, and of course the popular "getting stuck in a heavy attack that you cast as a light attack" bug.

My husband tried to log in to join us, and crashed ten minutes later while riding his horse through the wilderness to pick up the dailies (since you crash if you try to load in to those towns directly).

I also spent twenty minutes trying to find a pair of pants in my bank, swapping between characters repeatedly, until I finally realized that the item (Vicious Ophidian Bracers) was appearing correctly for my healer but was listed as "Gloves of Julianos" for the stamina dps I was trying to transfer it to. The set bonuses were correctly listed as VO's, when I scrolled down.

But you can buy the Dromathra Motif for $60 real money! So the game breaking bugs shouldn't matter, right?
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • AustunXXI
    AustunXXI
    Soul Shriven
    I've already returned my copy that I bout 5 days ago because since I've bought the game I've spoken to the Xbox live rep and my Internet provider who have both come to the conclusion that it is the game and not my Xbox or Internet's fault that I can't even start playing after character creation
  • Surgee
    Surgee
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hate being negative but the bottom line is this game is unfit to be on the Xbox platform.

In the 14 months I have been playing the periods of stable gameplay have been few and far between, and the problems when they occur have been game breaking and lasted for weeks.

When this game is stable it is an absolute gem but have sadly reached the point that I feel stupid trying to carry on with this bag of spanners ( would like to be way more blunt ).

But Lovelocke I feel your pain and frustration.

The game was running perfectly months after the release. Even with what felt like hundred people on screen, I had no FPS drops. Now it runs like crap. Every time I enter a new location I get framerate drops to 2-5 FPS. Unusually long loading time is so usual that they should switch it to "unusually regular load time" when the game finally works as intended.
    It seems like Zenimax stopped caring ages ago. We get no reply from any dev at all. The xbox technical support section is completely dead. Funny how it's called "Technical SUPPORT" without any support at all.
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game should stop being sold on Xbox One honestly the game is barely playable I disconnect 4-5 times a day in a 4 hour period doesn't matter what content I'm doing pvp,pve in Trials. I can play every other game on Xbox One with no problems no disconnecting and little to no lag Neverwinter,The Division, STO, BF1,Elite Dangerous to name a few so it's not the Internet connection or the console itself this game is just poorly ported lol.
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I start getting those messages, I hard reset my Xbox and also go to network settings advanced and clear my MAC address. This seems to help me for a short time.
  • Marshwigs
    Marshwigs
    I had an issue with loging into this forum. My credentials were correct and my account was activated, but I would sign in and it would loop and not log me in...

I sent my initial ticket.

Automatic Response. No help.

Sent reply.. asking them to read my problem and fix it...

Automatic Response. No help.

I sent another reply asking them to stop copy and pasting responses and actually help me.

Automatic RESPONSE... NO HELP...

I finally started getting angry and sent another reply...

Finally they read it and fix my issue.. Which still took 24 hours after this last response to work for me.

I worked for 2 and a half years in the CSR/PR for an online gaming company.. THIS IS NOT HOW YOU DO BUSINESS... Yes, we get it, you get lots of responses, but you have a hired crew of people who can quickly read and have some critical and logical thinking on how to reply to your customers...

The customer service alone has made me want to quit the game... Not to even mention the multitude of bugs in this game. Its broken AF on so many levels..

We expect more ZOS...
  • MurdahMan239
    There's customer service? I cant contact anyone and the support page is a joke literally, especially since I'm trying to talk to someone about not receiving my plus crowns for the past 2 months. I haven't had any issues with the game other than that besides a little bit of lag but it seems like the past 2 weeks have been simply put, horrible. last night for example, I'm in a vet dungeon with my guild mates breezing along experiencing a lag spike here and there but that's a given. We get to the final boss fight and I dc so I think ok I'll just re log. Boy was i wrong, 6 times I log in travel to my group and dc straight after i load in the dungeon so I thought it was that character and dungeon so I chose a different character only to get dc a few minutes into looking through my inventory. It's great to see I'm paying $15 a month for a this crap service. Do these people really care about our experience, I'd say no to that seeing all of the problems we have and they know about but do nothing to fix issues. But they have no problem over pricing content lol I guess I'm done giving my 2 cents
    XB1 GT - Da239sMurdahMan
    I'm always looking for friends to play with, friendly casual gamer
  • Teuton67
    Teuton67
    ✭✭✭
    One thing that used to help was to try to limit the number of active quests in your quest log. By removing the ones you were not actively pursuing (that you could also easily reacquire) it helped remove loading screens and long load times. I realize that the game is also lagging more these days but this may help some for those who are having extreme issues.
  • Lovelocke
    Lovelocke
    ✭✭✭
    Teuton67 wrote: »
    One thing that used to help was to try to limit the number of active quests in your quest log. By removing the ones you were not actively pursuing (that you could also easily reacquire) it helped remove loading screens and long load times. I realize that the game is also lagging more these days but this may help some for those who are having extreme issues.

Appreciate the tip, but at the time of writing I only had 3 quests - my son wasn't enjoying the quests (as a lot of them are solo... in an MMO... had difficulty explaining that one to him). We levelled up to 10 (mostly solo guild quests), then just did dungeons.

Another gripe; "II" dungeon versions, please remove them from the random dungeon queue. Banished Cells II with 4 low-level players... We just insta-quit and go play another game. Would love to see 4 players below level 20 do that dungeon.

Since writing this post I tried to get my son to play another dungeon. Although we didn't have the "unusually long load time" this time around, we had a bad experience nonetheless: queued for dungeon, we were accepted but was immediately informed "player X disbanded the group", and we had to wait 15 mins before we could queue again. Absolutely no idea what the point of this mechanic is. We both did something else, and 15 mins later queued again into Banished Cells II - I looked at the player levels, all low, so we just quit. 15 mins later queued again, Banished Cells II again ("random"), all low level but decided to at least give it a go.

Go to the same boss, wiped a few times, everyone quit. Queued again and got another "player X disbanded group" and another 15 min wait. Son gave up and went back to Rocket League. This was probably the last chance I had to keep him interested.

I don't get this "X disbanded group" thing, which then leaves us, through no fault of our own, punished. I play WoW (tank/heal mythic dungeons) and I've never seen anything so idiotic before.

But hey, at least we've got some new houses coming to the cash store soon.
  • ugajeremy
    ugajeremy
    Soul Shriven
    I experienced the same issue with the load times.

I moved the game from the Xbox internal drive on to a USB attached SSD and haven't had a load issue since then.

Could be something to look at if you have ESO installed on the Xbox itself.
  • Lovelocke
    Lovelocke
    ✭✭✭
    ugajeremy wrote: »

I moved the game from the Xbox internal drive on to a USB attached SSD and haven't had a load issue since then.

Thanks for the tip. We have two Xboxes; ESO installed on External HD on one, installed on internal HD on the other. For me an SSD isn't good value for money as a storage device for this purpose, I also don't think an Xbox game should have such a thing as a requirement to work properly.
  • mad0ni0n
    mad0ni0n
    ✭✭✭
    Lovelocke wrote: »

Thanks for the tip. We have two Xboxes; ESO installed on External HD on one, installed on internal HD on the other. For me an SSD isn't good value for money as a storage device for this purpose, I also don't think an Xbox game should have such a thing as a requirement to work properly.

Using an SSD didn't fix the problem anyway. I know people want to help but in the end the game should just work. On the other hand I haven't had any infinite load screens for more than a week now so maybe it has been improved.
  • Shameless711
    Shameless711
    Soul Shriven
    mad0ni0n wrote: »

Using an SSD didn't fix the problem anyway. I know people want to help but in the end the game should just work. On the other hand I haven't had any infinite load screens for more than a week now so maybe it has been improved.

That seems to be because you passed them to me. I've reset my Mac , I've cleared quests , I've done everything I can think of. I'm justs tuck in load screen after load screen after load screen.
  • Lovelocke
    Lovelocke
    ✭✭✭
    mad0ni0n wrote: »

Yep, in fairness stability seems to have improved. I've only had the "unusually long load time" on first login.

Now if they could only either take 'II' dungeons out of the random playlist, or restrict the level of players on them, then that'd be swell.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh yeah this stuff is absolutely terrible, especially in trials. Got stuck in a vMol load screen after reloading UI. Then got stuck in a load screen again after relogging. Its not just trials though, its pretty much everywhere. Sometimes it happens sometimes it doesn't. Idk what causes it.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade