The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO Live: January 27 @ 3pm EST"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article ESO Live: January 27 @ 3pm EST. Note that the show will be at a new channel and time: www.twitch.tv/bethesda at 3:00pm EST.

Be sure to check out the article for the full schedule. See you then!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • How key art is created with Senior Artist Lucas Slominski
    Delighted to see this covered! Very much looking forward to the show :blush:
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • Titansteele
    Titansteele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tell us what the Crown pricings will be!

People need something new to complain about :smiley:
    Guild Leader of The Twelve Knights, AD PVE, PVP and Trading Guild on the EU Mega Server

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger"
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be watching, one of the things I missed most whilst taking a break from the game.

Some ESO Live, node farming and a nice warm evening coffee. :love:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am glad that @ZOS_RichLambert and @Wrobel will be discussing the balance changes. After the last PTS patch things look OK for me but it still very important to see why the combat designers did some of the changes.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno where can we ask questions for the show?
    Because I can!
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Bashev wrote: »
    I am glad that @ZOS_RichLambert and @Wrobel will be discussing the balance changes. After the last PTS patch things look OK for me but it still very important to see why the combat designers did some of the changes.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno where can we ask questions for the show?

You can post questions here for consideration, and we'll also be keeping an eye on Twitch chat.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh Questions here . . .
    • It appears as though the only source for Imperial furniture is the Crown Store. Is this correct? Are furnishing plans for Imperial going to be a thing?
    • How do you acquire book stacks, bounty sheets, maps (hanging and scroll), carpets, and bones/craniums/skeletal remains?
    • Style motifs can be bought for 15 gold from NPC merchants. The economy is going to be hurting for Rakeipa soon. How do you plan to address?
    • Apartments and Small houses have a 6 player cap. Medium and Large houses have a 12 player cap. These really should be different amounts. Are the player caps set in stone? Assuming 24 is staying the max I recommend - 24,18,12,8,6,2 be the caps going from manor to inn room.

I may add more to this list.

Edited by Dominoid on January 27, 2017 2:09PM
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aww, no AUA section Gina?
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Cagro
    Cagro
    ✭✭✭
    Any chance the game will ever get a PVP server where you can attack players from other factions anywhere? Any future changes planned for Cyrodiil encouraging more solo or small group exploring and questing?
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will player storage be a thing that the team looks into for updates to come? Do they know how much we wants it?
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there any chance of getting option to change armor style? There are so many motifs and so little opportunity to experience them. Crafting duplicate set because you want to wear different style is stupid option!
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
  • ThePaulrus94
    ThePaulrus94
    ✭✭✭
    Do they/will you post the stream in a VOD for those that miss it or is it just a one time deal?
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina is already under-performing in PvE (typically 2 out of 12 players are stamina in trials). This update is going to make them completely irrelevant. Are there any plans to prevent this?
    Edited by Strider_Roshin on January 26, 2017 5:05PM
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblades; both stamina, and magicka are horribly under-performing in terms of DPS, even though they are the squishiest class in the game. Any plans to rectify this?
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The Death Stroke nerf wasn't necessary. The buff, and debuff it provides is excellent, but the damage it produces isn't incredibly high, and it misses quite often. The majority of the QQing about this ability is misdirected since the main culprit is stealth damage. Are there any plans to adjust or remove stealth damage in PvP?
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    2H got no love this update, even though it is greatly out-shined by Dual Wielding. Are there any plans to buff 2H? And while we're on the subject, are there any plans to reduce the cost of the 2H ultimate that way people will actually use it?
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Curious if the developers have plans to offer guild halls ?

I had a suggestion for guild halls as well but curious if it's in the plans?

My suggestion: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/316188/would-you-like-a-guild-hall-added-not-quite-a-house-tho#latest
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have 2 questions. One for @wrobel and one for @ZOS_RichLambert and @Wrobel
    1. For @wrobel IS Dragonknight's cauterize skill bugged or it was intentionally design not to be able to heal the caster. If the skill was intentionally designed to heal only allies can @wrobel explain why? There is no other healing skill in the game that cannot heal the caster.
    2. For @wrobel or @ZOS_RichLambert what are the future plans for further balancing? Will the balance happen only in major updates or we can have small tweaks in the small patches as well. With introducing the ice staff tanking a lot of things can change. And waiting for more than 3 months is a bad thing for the game.
    Because I can!
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vardenfell Teaser even a glimpse
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • dpencil
    dpencil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please make sure Minor Magickasteal is discussed. From PTS testing, this change effects Elemental Drain and Force Siphon, significantly reducing the amount of magicka regen received. Was this the intention of this change, so that end game PvE builds have to take regen more seriously? Also, assuming a Templar is in the group, why would anyone ever run either of those skills again? Is that also intentional?
  • mad0ni0n
    mad0ni0n
    ✭✭✭
    omg Wrobel is going to be there! :o this is going to be amazing.
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a question:

What's with the aggressive crown store pricing and push? Items are priced crazily these days...
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've a question: Since Thieves Guild released, the weekly rewards for trials have remained themed after Maw of Lorkhaj, even after the Craglorn trials were revamped. Will we ever see the return of Craglorn Trial loot to the Trial weekly rewards?
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why is it that Crescent Sweep hits as hard as Incap, hits multiple targets, has a DoT component, is undodgeable, and costs the same amount?

Isn't that a slap in the face for Nighblades; especially since Templars gain 3 ultimate every time they activate backlash (every 6 seconds); whereas stamblade ult generation is every 15 we gain 2 ultimate from Transfer (due to Siphoning Attacks), and 20 ultimate every 45 seconds. As you can see, the ult generation between the two isn't very different (once every 45 seconds the stamblade gets their ult first, every other time the Templar does). However the utility, and reliability of the two ults are very different.

Crescent Sweep is a guarantee hit that hits hard, and is great for 1vX. Incap hits hard as well, but misses 1/3 of the time, and is only good against single target.

Does this seem balanced to you?
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please give us the ability to change the style of existing crafted and dropped items, my little khajiit begs you with all four of her paws :'(
  • skiptomyluau
    skiptomyluau
    ✭✭✭
    Please mention what if anything you are doing for game performance on consoles.
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please give us the ability to change the style of existing crafted and dropped items, my little khajiit begs you with all four of her paws :'(

Second this!
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »
    Vardenfell Teaser even a glimpse

Second This!

• Decon98b16_ESO
    Decon98b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Lettigall wrote: »
    Are there any chance of getting option to change armor style? There are so many motifs and so little opportunity to experience them. Crafting duplicate set because you want to wear different style is stupid option!

Totally agree.
    Maybe something along the lines of crafting a particular item after reading the corresponding motif.
    This item is like a trophy and you sell it but it allows you to change to this type of armor like in the appearance section.
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would you be willing to discuss future features or expansions to the housing system? For instance, some people have been requesting things like functional interior doors, pathing for pets and assistants, resizing decorations, and placing alts in homes. Are any of these on the table -- and, alternatively, are there any of these that you can rule out completely just so we don't get our hopes up?
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For @Wrobel and @ZOS_RichLambert

1. Can you explain the reason behind the cost increase to Strife?
    2. Can you explain what you had in mind for magic NB's playstyle? Are they meant to be played at range, or up close? Are they meant to be mobile, or stand their ground? Are they meant to have utility or raw damage?
    3. What are your plans for Grim Focus?
    4. Do you believe Impale is in a good place after it's range buff?
    5. I PVP on magic DK, magic sorc, magic Templar, stamina NB, stamina sorc, and magicka NB. I run heavy armor on every one of these characters, except for the magic sorc and sometimes the stamina NB. I wouldn't describe any of these characters as tanks or berserkers, but I still feel gimped if I run any other armor type. Can we see light and medium armor made more appealing for the classes that aren't magic sorc and stamina NB?
    6. You've said in the past that you like the idea of proc sets, and want to keep them in the game in some form. However, many people disagree with you. Can you take a moment to explain to those that dislike proc sets why they're good for the game?
    Edited by arkansas_ESO on January 27, 2017 4:36PM

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you at least trying to think on a fix for the weapon self-sheath right after entering combat and double bar swaps?
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.