Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Just before you arrived in coldharbor at the start of the game.

Druachan
Druachan
✭✭✭
So what was your character doing before they were sacrificed and found themselves in coldharbour. Maybe they were about to pull off a theft that would have been worth thousands. Or you had just sat down with your first mead of the day? Or...

If this is a spoiler
Say please, before you AAAAAaaaarrrgghhh at me.
  • Niko1987
    Niko1987
    ✭✭
    She fled from a life of nobility and shame in Skyrim and started anew. Prior to Coldhabor, she was sailing with a band of pirates called the Black Sea Dogs.
    "It must be nice to fight for something you feel so strongly about. Too often I don't have that luxury."- Ahrilux
    @Niko1987 | PC NA
    Lady Ahrilux | Nord | Dragonknight | STAM Tank in Training
  • Druachan
    Druachan
    ✭✭✭
    Niko1987 wrote: »
    She fled from a life of nobility and shame in Skyrim and started anew. Prior to Coldhabor, she was sailing with a band of pirates called the Black Sea Dogs.

Thanks for the reply

• Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well...I just so happen to have a story about that.

It's the first story
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • Niko1987
    Niko1987
    ✭✭

It's the first story

@Totalitarian Whoa, masterfully done! :o<3
    "It must be nice to fight for something you feel so strongly about. Too often I don't have that luxury."- Ahrilux
    @Niko1987 | PC NA
    Lady Ahrilux | Nord | Dragonknight | STAM Tank in Training
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He has no recollection of his previous life, although it is not amnesia because he can remember his name. He is not sure if this is because the soulless do not retain details of their lives, or whether he was in limbo for a long time prior to finally arriving in the Wailing Prison and simply forgot.
    Edited by Elsonso on January 25, 2017 6:51PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had been wronged. A high born noble used his station in life and reputation as a man of honor to take advantage of me in a deal such that I was left penniless and destitute. It took me 3 years of hard work in the mines of Alikir to earn enough money to implement my plans of revenge. I gathered my resources to fully embarrass the Noble in public causing his fall from Grace. I set the plans of revenge in motion and went to witness his demise and next thing I know I am waking up in Coldharbor.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Felt a slight rumbling in my stomach and sought out a toilet. After much pushing, I awoke in coldhardbour
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Niko1987 wrote: »

It's the first story

@Totalitarian Whoa, masterfully done! :o<3

Thanks!
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ilsabet had been coerced into joining a bandit group that most likely sold her out to the Worm Cult.

Gurtha was probably sold out by her clan for being useless and failing to bring them honor in any possible way.

Amara was traveling back to Morrowind with a group of Dunmer after spending years in Skyrim, and either they pulled a fast one on her or the whole group got jumped by somebody who doesn't like Dunmers very much.

Hostawen was lured to a remote site by a friendly man of the cloth who wanted to discuss engaging her services to look for artifacts for his order (failing to mention that he was with the Worm Cult).

Naazli was on the run after killing her abusive husband and his friends.

Mireiya was in custody after a summoning demonstration at her magic school went disastrously wrong and three of her classmates were brutally killed.

Linnea isn't quite sure how she got sacrificed but she knows it couldn't have been a fair fight.

Lolly was just going around doing her thing and is mostly annoyed that her skills of getting by must have failed her somehow.

Kashirani was probably doing something involving trying to kill people. It's hard to tell with her.

See also my characters and their overly elaborate backstories.

I also elaborated on Ilsabet's pre-Coldharbour story in an entry in her egregiously long adventuring headcanon fanfic thread.
    Edited by Ilsabet on January 25, 2017 10:48PM
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All my characters were simply living their lives in their various ways - some comfortably and happily, some less so. I've chosen not to RP as the vestige, and for the purposes of what I want to do, none of them have been to Coldharbour.
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • Ceridwynne
    Ceridwynne
    ✭✭✭
    Ceridwyn Laurent is the daughter of a Beldama wyress and a former noble who lost his wealth and title for choosing to be with someone considered beneath him. Since her father worked so hard to make sure she had a good upbringing and quality education, Ceridwyn decided to join the Covenant army as a healer to try to gain back her family's standing. Her unit was making their way towards the Imperial City when they were ambushed by members of the worm cult. She was one of the few to survive the ambush and was captured and sacrificed.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    menedhyn wrote: »
    All my characters were simply living their lives in their various ways - some comfortably and happily, some less so. I've chosen not to RP as the vestige, and for the purposes of what I want to do, none of them have been to Coldharbour.

I have a couple characters who I am sure are pretty apathetic about this whole Soulburst thing. They avoid that annoying glowy guy that shows up and tells them that they need to talk. Another seems unwilling to leave the Wailing Prison, seemingly at peace with the whole thing. Wuth this guy, I am waiting to see if the Power-That-Be give him the boot from his comfy roost in prison and dump him into the harsh cruel world of Tamriel.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Druachan
    Druachan
    ✭✭✭
    menedhyn wrote: »

I have a couple characters who I am sure are pretty apathetic about this whole Soulburst thing. They avoid that annoying glowy guy that shows up and tells them that they need to talk. Another seems unwilling to leave the Wailing Prison, seemingly at peace with the whole thing. Wuth this guy, I am waiting to see if the Power-That-Be give him the boot from his comfy roost in prison and dump him into the harsh cruel world of Tamriel.

So are they in denial, or kindof well this should burst happens every now and then but basically it'll be fine.

• Dhukath
    Dhukath
    ✭✭✭
    This khajiit was singing to the light of the two moons, when a boot struck his head, next thing he wakes up in coldharbor...
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got rekt by Viper and Eye of Flame. Next thing I know I'm in the Wailing Prison.
    Edited by Izaki on January 26, 2017 10:22PM
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Krist
    Krist
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got rekt by Viper and Eye of Flame. Next thing I know I'm in the Wailing Prison.

You bet you did, and I apologize for neither. ;)

KIDDING....maybe....but that was funny, thanks. :)
    "Krist the Lionheart? No. Lionheart was my dog" -Krist
    "Darling, if looks were everything, I would be king of the world" -Luke
    "That place, between day and night, that purple color just before dark, that is where you will find me"- Hughe
  • Krist
    Krist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Krist Lionheart actually was in the Imperial City when the Soul Burst occurred, though he had nothing to do with it, nor any knowledge of why it happened. He was a soldier in the Imperial Army, and just as awed as everyone else when the night sky was dominated by "The Serpent". He and others scrambled to aid those that were injured, and spent many weeks burying those that were dead. However, with the new decree of Clivia Tharn, calling for the resurrection of dead soldiers to march with the live ones, along with Deadra of Molag Bal, Krist fled the army. He joined the Fighter's Guild, where his adventure actually started.

(Krist never lost his soul, I do not rp him as a/the Vestige. That is his beginning, and I hope that is okay for here.)

First story here, the thread is long but the first entry is not:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/155608/almost-home#latest
    Edited by Krist on January 26, 2017 11:40PM
    "Krist the Lionheart? No. Lionheart was my dog" -Krist
    "Darling, if looks were everything, I would be king of the world" -Luke
    "That place, between day and night, that purple color just before dark, that is where you will find me"- Hughe
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My khajiit male nightblade was caught stealing the honor of what was probably more than a few women in the imperial city.

My khajiit female dragonknight (mage) was likely at a guild hall somewhere studying and it was overrun by necromancers.

My khajiit female stamsorc was a priestess of khenarthi, may have been captured in a raid on the temple.

My (future) khajiit male warden was off on his sojourn/self exile from society, spending his time alone with nature, and likely came across a group of cultists that somehow got the upper hand.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was that guy hanging out at the mall going, "That kid's BACK on the escalator!"

I don't remember much after that.
  • Mivryna
    Mivryna
    ✭✭✭
    Fighting vampires at a dolmen. They won.
  • Ruusa
    Ruusa
    ✭✭✭
    My main lived in Imperial City and was fishing when the portal above the city opened and the daedra took over the city.

My DK worked for house Redoran and walked into a daedric ruin to investigate rumours of something shady going on there.

My magblade is the sister of the DK and walked into the same ruin to look for her sister.

My stamblade failed pickpocketing a worm cultist.
    PC EU
    Erweka - altmer magicka sorc DD
    Varona Uveth - dunmer DK tank

Redfur Trading & Redfur Exchange
  • Kamikazi_Sama
    Kamikazi_Sama
    Soul Shriven
    Living in a small cabin in skyrim, working on alchemy.
  • McI
    McI
    ✭✭✭
    My vestige does not know, but in reality he was the fourth son of a minor noble. Knowing that he would never inherit any weath or lands, he joined the imperial army.
    Being an idealist, and naive enough to think that his fellow soldiers also felt the same evil and coruption in the ranks of the military, he spoke a bit too loudly.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got off a red and white plane at area 51
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    While en route from High Rock to Auridon (at the invitation of a member of the Altmer side of the family), the ship Rohais was on was attacked by Maormer pirates, who captured her and sold her to Mannimarco.

The rest I pretend Coldharbour never happened for. She met Away-From-Keyboard while in enemy territory and helped him defect from Pact forces (he's an ex-slave and doesn't trust the Dunmer to continue with their 'Argonian-free slavery' policy).

Khayrat is a Priest of the Eight who has been spreading the grace of the Eight under the Tribunal's noses (they're mostly ignoring him as they have bigger things to worry about). He's the least-connected of the lot; Rohais only found out about him because he came to Craglorn and started soapboxing on street corners that the Celestials were Daedra..."Turn back from your evil ways and embrace the Eight!' Then he got bit by a vampire...and now he keeps his mouth shut on the subject in return for innocent-free blood to keep him from going crazy and feeding off everything in sight.

Aetius is a shady contact Rohais made who helps her keep tabs on the seedy underworld of Tamriel. Mostly the Dragonstar Caravan Company, since they're neighbors.

Eristaanwe is a distant relative of Rohais, and is actually the reason Rohais' just-barely-noble Altmer relatives are just-barely-noble. They used to be a lot more respectable...but while powerful sorcery may be a sign of good breeding, insanity is not, and naturally it reflected badly on the rest of the bloodline. Eris moving to the Shivering Isles and starting a collection of vampires obviously didn't help. :p (She's still on the lookout for a Tsaesci vampire for said collection. Apparently they're hard to find.)
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • NocturnalGuideMe
    NocturnalGuideMe
    ✭✭✭
    That is what this one get from mingling with Dro M'athra cultists... but does this one learn his lesson? hssss...no...now this one is out for revenge and to achieve what the others could not. To be the red right hand of The Dro M'athra themselves!

...with a few stops along the way at a couple of fond skooma dens and brothels, with maybe a fortnight on the Gold Coast, seeking rumors that the Dark Brotherhood is recruiting again...
    Dar'Dek Do'Tenurr
    Khajiiti Stamina Nightblade
    Master Thief, Dark Brotherhood Executioner, Former Dro m'Athra Shade
  • cellcube0618
    cellcube0618
    Soul Shriven
    My character was a traveler, and had the intent of visiting every landmark in Tamriel. He was in Skyrim, visting Whiterun before was he was sacrificed and taken to Coldharbor. When he lost his soul, and essentially lost his personality. He is now a lethal assassin and isn't afraid of dark magic, though he isn't evil. He'll do what he thinks is right, though being paid is never off the table.
  • wakeyjimb16_ESO
    wakeyjimb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Trippin' balls on Skooma and woke up in Davon's Watch with a creepy old purple spectre watching me. To this day, not entirely sure if that Coldharbour thing was real or if I'd just blacked out looking at etchings in my copy of 'Tall Nord Ladies in Chains'...
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All 8 of us, this ones brothers, cousins and self were in our tent planning the start of the Mahspoor trading and "used goods" company just outside of Baandari. Next thing any of us knew, we were in this place Coldharbor with a strange tall blond girl and a gnome like wizard in rags. Woke up later on a beach near Eagle's Strand with this Khajiit Razum-dar telling us about "falling from the sky". This one attributes the whole experience to either bad skooma or that glowing portal brother J'zar opened up before everything went black.
    Edited by starlizard70ub17_ESO on February 21, 2017 3:30PM
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Daimmyo
    Daimmyo
    ✭✭✭
    Skooma wholesaler.