The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Can deconstructing crafted stuff from your own alts level crafting skills faster?

Ariotar
Ariotar
✭✭✭
For example, I have one Master Crafter that does all six professions, but I want to level some of those skill lines on other alts. I know that deconstructing gear made by another player yields additional EXP, but does deconstructing from a different character of your own result in additional crafting exp?
Proud AD for life

Best Answers

• Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    yes.
    Rule #1: RL trumps gaming.
    Rule #2: True immersion is RL.
    Rule #3: RL lag is wonderful.
    Rule #4: People matter. Pixels do not.
    Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based on testing I did several months ago (so things could have changed a bit):

Mob Loot gives the most Exp
    Other Player Made and Alt Made give about 90% of the Inspiration of Mob Loot.
    Deconning stuff made on the same character gives about 10%, but you get a better chance of getting a Temper, Style and Trait back, important for deconning things with Nirn or rare Style Mats

Alt made is better than other player made as you don't have to deal with the friction of being able to send only 6 items at a time. You can just deposit a batch in the bank and decon them out of the bank. However:

I still think farming a public dungeon or overland grind spot is better as you gain character experience/champ points, skills, gold, set items on occasion, and have a net gain in Mats. Making and deconning items will burn up 70% of your mats on average. OK I guess if you have a ton of mats but I would rather use my Ruby stuff for making gear for my characters. I farm the mobs, sell the white items to pay for repairs, then decon what is left. This is how I leveled all my characters to 50 in Eq Crafting.

The only exception is with Glyphs, since most looted Glyphs are White and Improved Glyphs give so much more Inspiration, it is better to make Improved Glyphs on one character and decon on an Alt. Use Green up to about L10, Blue up to about L35, then Purple up to 46 or so. Then, learn all the runes you don't know, and that should get you close to L50. No need to make the CP160's unless you have a bunch of Potencies, CP150 or even CP90/140 Glyphs are fine for this process if you have more of those potencies.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • Reivax
    Reivax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ariotar wrote: »
    For example, I have one Master Crafter that does all six professions, but I want to level some of those skill lines on other alts. I know that deconstructing gear made by another player yields additional EXP, but does deconstructing from a different character of your own result in additional crafting exp?

I never bothered in Cloth, Wood or Blacksmith lines because it's so easy to get to 50 just deconstructing things you find, but in Enchanting I can confirm that yes, it definitely does.
  • Ariotar
    Ariotar
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies guys! I wanted to make several Master crafters for the upcoming master writs. Thanks again!
    Proud AD for life
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ariotar wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies guys! I wanted to make several Master crafters for the upcoming master writs. Thanks again!

Good Strategy, but its not just about Crafting Levels, its also about the Motifs known and the Traits learned. See this Dev Quote
    They’re measured individually, so from the example your investment in Provisioning would affect your odds of getting a Provisioning master writ and no other types.

Also, as we’ve seen a lot of collective concern regarding the impact of motif knowledge on your odds of receiving the (very valuable) Blacksmithing, Woodworking, and Clothier Master Writs, we’d like to reiterate that motif knowledge is only one component. That knowledge shouldn’t make, or break, your chances of receiving Master Writs on its own, but it does significantly influence those chances.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're doing writs, the intricate items provide more leveling than anything.

For player made gear, gear made by other players provides more xp than gear made by Alts.

For glyphs, deconstructing from another player provides WAY more xp than deconstructing from your alts. Given the grind for enchanting, if you do your own glyphs that's a massive waste of really expensive materials...I mean, to get to 50 you're probably looking at 500 more decons doing your own.