The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

VDSA Hiath the Battle Master

kylewwefan
kylewwefan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
After spending many hours getting to this last boss fight....and failing a few times.

I've seen the videos where the healer taunts Boss and tank takes the adds away. But this is still very hard and hasn't worked for me. Maybe it will next time I go in there, but is there any other way you can beat this. It always seems to be on the DPS not quite high enough for the reasoning of why it's not working out.

I mean no disrespect to my fellow players, they're some of the best I've played with, but for the burn method to work it's gotta be really really good and on point.

I've got him down to 25% before wiping....that really blew hard.
Edited by kylewwefan on January 16, 2017 6:06PM
  • Paneross
    Paneross
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've beaten him 20+ times and thats what i do. I taunt him to the door and that points it's a DPS race and towards the end you take turns dropping damage mitigations.
  • Paneross
    Paneross
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Flame Atronachs are spawning your DPS is too weak.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The healer was using warhorn I think. Maybe it would be better for her to run resto Ultimate or barrier maybe?
  • Paneross
    Paneross
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Healer needs to be wearing SPC and Infall Aether. Healer should be running Agressive Warhorn and Nova. Main heal will be healing spring at the gate.

This honestly by far the easiest method for VDSA. Just be ready for the pull ins and the boss drops a Negate like at 15ish% which you want to be standing out front so the Negate isn't dropped on the gate so you can run back there.
  • Paneross
    Paneross
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since I am tanking the boss i use Dampen Magicka to take all his hits too.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm thinking next try I may Tank it myself. I've seen video where guy uses health regen build that may work well there. Til then I work on putting a group together. Can be strange finding a healer with a taunt.
  • Paneross
    Paneross
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    I'm thinking next try I may Tank it myself. I've seen video where guy uses health regen build that may work well there. Til then I work on putting a group together. Can be strange finding a healer with a taunt.

I use inner fire from the undaunted tree.
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paneross wrote: »

This. You don't even need to morph it.

In my opinion (as healer), the healer's job is fairly easy once you adjust to the magicka drain from Inner Fire. You also need to watch the boss' health bar to know when to move him (and adjust based on your dps' burn), and give enough heads up to your dps that they can move with you (and don't drop any ground-based ultimates while you are moving).
    DPS need to be good at adjusting positioning, due to the Novas and Negates the boss drops, but otherwise all they need to do is what they already do. If you have reached the final boss with the same dps you started with, you are in good shape.

Group failures in this part in my experience have come from tanking issues, either for survival (some are built very much around relying on a healer), or losing taunt on one of the miniboss adds (which interferes with the dps race on the boss), or in one case the tank continually confusing the final boss with the fighter's guild miniboss from the first round when picking up the second set of miniboss adds).
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • Kholty22
    Kholty22
    ✭✭✭
    SolarCat02 wrote: »
    Paneross wrote: »

Group failures in this part in my experience have come from tanking issues, either for survival (some are built very much around relying on a healer), or losing taunt on one of the miniboss adds (which interferes with the dps race on the boss), or in one case the tank continually confusing the final boss with the fighter's guild miniboss from the first round when picking up the second set of miniboss adds).

This my experience was tank failing as well. My first attempt at vdsa I found the people for group and I didn't realize our tank was a Templar until we were started. Only pointing that out cause I know most prefer the dk for chains.

Anyways, we made it all the way to the last boss with a few hiccups. Only our healer had done this before bty. Our tank had some issues staying alive at the end with the four mini bosses. We must have tried about 15 times before the tank left the group. We picked up another tank which was a dk. He managed a bit better but we still failed every time we tried. The got the boss down to like 3% 2 different times but the tank pooped out before getting him down.

With that said. Realistically after the boss reaches that 45% mark and does the first pull in. How long should it take to down him? The tank was blaming us dps saying after 45% the people he runs with it only takes them 15sec. I'm not gonna say the other dps and me were bis. Especially weapon wise. But we burned through everything else.
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as you can get him to the next 25% milestone before he starts spawning the flame ayronachs, your dps is sufficient. (I believe the last set of atronachs start around 25%, so you can't stop the start of their spawn, although you can kill him before they finish).
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • ARIES SERPICO
    ARIES SERPICO
    ✭✭
    If your having trouble with the quick burn just do it the safe way I say for new groups. When mini boss spawn healer taunts and tank takes boss away. To that for both sets of adds
    Edited by ARIES SERPICO on January 19, 2017 11:21PM
  • ARIES SERPICO
    ARIES SERPICO
    ✭✭
    The timer between fire dot and atro spawn is 15 sec after initial taunt the fire hits then 55 seconds until you get him to when he pulls you in the you will have 120 sec in between fire dot till he pulls you in again then it's back to 55sec if anything else make sure there are 0 atros when he pulls you in with deep breath
  • br0steen
    br0steen
    ✭✭✭✭
    If your having trouble with the quick burn just do it the safe way I say for new groups.

Ahem. You're*