The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Ebonheart Chateau is disappointing

• souravami
    souravami
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hope ZOS will release a better Dunmer house when Vvardenfell dlc releases.
    PC NA
    vMOL. vAA HM. vHRC HM. vSO HM. vMA on every single class.
    "A game should be fun to play. Balance always comes second."
  • Grabmoore
    Grabmoore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed! too little , too small, too expensive..
    EU - PC - Ebonheart Pact
    Iggy Grabmoore - Argonian Magicka Templar | Nyctasha - Redguard Stamina Nightblade
    Do-Ra'Zhar - Khajiit Stamina DK | Ashmedi - Dunmer Magicka DK
    Vanya Darchow - AD Altmer Magicka Sorc | Malek gro'Kash - Orc Stam Sorc
    GM of "Handelshaus von Riften" - Trading & PvX Community
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ALL the manors with titles are underwhelming, considering they cost 2.5 million more than the highest priced large homes. The latter are almost as nice as the manors. For the price, the manors should have many more unique features and/or something besides a title to offset the extra cost. As it is, the manors are an ego trip for those who are buying the titles. Actually, pretty much like it works IRL. I'll be buying a large house and save the 2.5 million for furnishing.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ShadowHvo wrote: »
    There's an unused doorway in the back of the courtyard, behind the manor that really should lead to something. Be that the walls, or some cave system. Either way, yeah I like it, but I'm underwhelmed.

It would be so bloody cool if that doorway could lead to a small Dunmer crypt, similar to the Indoril crypts in Davon's Watch, or any Dunmer crypt really.

I didn't notice that door because I was so busy trying to figure out where to go to get away from there while I was there (disappointment), but it makes no sense to have a door back there and NOT have it lead to a crypt or a cave system (why not both?). That and adding tower access so you could actually see the lava flows would make it more unique while also increasing the usable space.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • alephthiago
    alephthiago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what you get for enslaving argonians!
    Walks-in-Shadowss AD Magblade
    *** kitty AD Stamblade
    Paarthurnax's Will AD Magicka DK
    agnar cracked skull EP Magicka DK (veteran dragonstar arena bot)
    Klogi Mugdul AD Stamina DK
    Savre Selranni AD Magicka Sorc (being polished)
    Avenar Lolhealing AD Magicka Templar (being polished)

• Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Be quiet and get back in the kitchen, lizard! :o;)

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm hoping we see more added with the next build on the pts. They did it with the dagger fall castle or whatever,

Need to be able to see the lava, towers, a balcony please. The crypt idea would be really cool too

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Ralen
    Ralen
    ✭✭✭
    Please Zenimax @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom , take in consideration this request ! The thread goes down in the shallow, so I allow myself to get it back to your attentive eyes.

We really need a better Ebonheart Chateau, just look up for the relevant arguments
    Gaharikhan de l'Arador Dayn
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    souravami wrote: »
    Hope ZOS will release a better Dunmer house when Vvardenfell dlc releases.

That's my stance exactly.

Dunmer houses this update are so bland, boring and walled in and walled off that I see noe reason to waste hard earned money on this, neither for gold nor crowns.

I will hope they release some better Dunmer houses in a Vvardenfell update, and until then, I will simply forego any housing at all.

Hugely disappointed Dunmer here.
  • Ralen
    Ralen
    ✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    I will hope they release some better Dunmer houses in a Vvardenfell update, and until then, I will simply forego any housing at all.

There are 3 datamined player houses ... So maybe we can expect for Redoran style house, Hlaalu style and Telvanni style.

Edited by Ralen on January 13, 2017 4:52PM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ralen wrote: »
    Carbonised wrote: »

There are 3 datamined player houses ... So maybe we can expect for Redoran style house, Hlaalu style and Telvanni style.

Which would, ironically, be kinda disappointing. I've wanted to stick a home somewhere in one of the Vivec Cantons for about 14 years. :\
  • Vidahr
    Vidahr
    ✭✭✭
    Rundown list of house features (Unfurnished)

- Serenity Falls (AD Manor)
    1. River
    2. Pool
    3. Waterfall
    4. Additional Servant House
    5. Stables
    6. Balconies from the main building AND second.
    7. Large Two Story Building
    8. Yard

- Daggerfall Overlook (DC Manor)
    2. MASSIVE Overlook over the Iliac Bay
    3. Fountain
    4. Stable
    5. Big Barn
    6. Castle has fitting room, 3 stories including the Cellar.
    7. Unique special hideaway entrance to the sea below from the cellar.
    8. Yard

- Ebonheart Chateau (EP Manor)
    1. Yard
    2. Four Trees
    3. One Big 3 story House with only one seperate room in the cellar (Essentially all commen Dunmer manors.)
    4. A Barn
    5. Fountain

... Seriously Zenimax, as a Dunmer Loyalist, this is the most disappointing thing in Housing, not to mention that we didn't even get a proper cave home like the Dark Brotherhood cave.

Also, I would like to say that the Description for the Ebonheart Chateau is outright lying, the Watchtower is not even accessible, you can't even craft a staircase out of tables to reach it, and there is not even a well either.

Honestly, why does the Ebonheart Chateau not have AT LEAST the same features as the other homes? Or at least give it something unique, we don't even have a lava flood! You could even add a crypt to the back of the yard, that would be cool..

I require volcano access.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now I am going with the Daggerfall Overlook instead, as it is far supreme features in comparison to the Ebonheart Chateau. The only thing that the Ebonheart Chateau got on the Overlook is one thing: ITS DUNMER!

The active volcano gives it a fantastic color pallet. But, yeah, there really should be a way up onto the walls. Probably in all of the homes with fortified walls and guard towers. There's another one in Auridon where there's chunks of the walls that are designed so guards can stand watch, but no way to access them.
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The difference is this: You N'wahs deserve to be enslaved.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • Ralen
    Ralen
    ✭✭✭
    Well... Nothing new on the 2.7.2 natch potes... Sadness

So, @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom pleaaase tell us if we can expect something about our request in 2.7.3.. or not...
    Edited by Ralen on January 17, 2017 12:44AM
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ralen wrote: »
    Well... Nothing new on the 2.7.2 natch potes... Sadness

So, @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom pleaaase tell us if we can expect something about our request in 2.7.3.. or not...

Indeed.. it was a super big bummer to read..
    Nighren - The Shadow Striker
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
  • Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, all of the EP houses pale in comparison to their comparative AD/DC houses.
  • Ralen
    Ralen
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, all of the EP houses pale in comparison to their comparative AD/DC houses.

Yes, it's not false... Especially when compared to Redguard or Khajiit houses... But, for 3,7 MILLION gold (and I dare not imagine the price in crowns) we are entitled to expect more from the Ebonheart Chateau.

A magnificent castle keep, complete with walls, watchtowers, well, fountain, and stable, all dramatically sited on the slopes of an active volcano! It just needs a murder, and then it will be haunted as well.

Sorry @ZOS but it's not true... And it's far less attractive than Hunding Palatial hall (Redguard big house) or Serenity Falls Estate (khajiit manor)

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom sorry to spam, but please tell us... At least to know if we can expect something for the release or not.

• FlaviusVoyage
    FlaviusVoyage
    ✭✭✭✭

A magnificent castle keep, complete with walls, watchtowers, well, fountain, and stable, all dramatically sited on the slopes of an active volcano! It just needs a murder, and then it will be haunted as well.

I was sooo confused. Where is the freaking well???
  • Karius_Imalthar
    Karius_Imalthar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was that or a giant mud hut or log house. :#
  • Ralen
    Ralen
    ✭✭✭
    It was that or a giant mud hut or log house. :#

We're talking about manors. So, clearly, the Ebonheart Chateau, compare to the other manors is less attractive.
  • ZOS_MandiParker
    ZOS_MandiParker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey folks! So, we discussed your feedback with our artists, and we decided to add a large tower to the Ebonheart Chateau similar to the one in the Daggerfall Overlook.

The tower is on the lava-side of the courtyard, and is tall enough to see the lava flow and part of the city and landscape, and it adds a small room to the base of the tower when you walk in, and then you can go up to the top of the tower through a door/trapdoor. It’s pretty cool! (I mean… it’s probably actually pretty warm there, next to the lava and all.)
    Mandi Parker
    Systems Designer
    Staff Post
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey folks! So, we discussed your feedback with our artists, and we decided to add a large tower to the Ebonheart Chateau similar to the one in the Daggerfall Overlook.

The tower is on the lava-side of the courtyard, and is tall enough to see the lava flow and part of the city and landscape, and it adds a small room to the base of the tower when you walk in, and then you can go up to the top of the tower through a door/trapdoor. It’s pretty cool! (I mean… it’s probably actually pretty warm there, next to the lava and all.)

Thank you so much!
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah at first I looked at the EP video I really liked it but the DF one wow lol, is it possible to get an estimate on how much crowns would be needed for mansions or is that not in yet?
    Edited by Cpt_Teemo on January 17, 2017 6:21PM
  • WaTeR-aBuSeR
    WaTeR-aBuSeR
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is what it is. They didn't want to make any new assets it seems. So they were stuck building it with what is already in the game. They tried to make too many houses, but are just copies of what there already is. Sorry but manor should be unique. Have them come out 3 months after housing and increase the amount of people in them so they are more like guild halls. Also, create new interiors instead of using all the ones already in the game lol. There is a huge house but can only access 1/2 of it lol come on. The housing system is great and what I've waited for since eq2 but rehashing old crap won't cut it. I was going to buy this with crowns since I don't have the gold but nope. Guess only shiny new assets in housing we'll see is crown exclusive big surprise there.

Of course they respond as I'm writing my post. Guess it takes 4 forum posts for them to make a change even though tons of us said this day one in the housing feedback thread.
    Edited by WaTeR-aBuSeR on January 17, 2017 7:05PM
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_MandiParker I'd like to buy you cookies. Or a nice pecan or apple pie? Or whatever else you like.

Thank you.
    Edited by Sigtric on January 17, 2017 6:22PM

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • FlaviusVoyage
    FlaviusVoyage
    ✭✭✭✭

But what about accessible Watchtowers (plural as the description on PTS)? And the well?

Please, make the Watchtowers accessible!
  • Knautilus
    Knautilus
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_MandiParker thank you.
    Could you please redesign Old Mistveil Manor too?
    It's disappointing that its interior is identical to Grymharth's Woe. It would have been nice if there was a basement for crafting lab in the manor.
    PC EU
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pallmor wrote: »
    EP's don't need nice manors because they're too busy kicking DC and AD ass to bother spending time at home.

Absolutely agree!! =D

Completely disagree. Of course EP needs places to kick back and chill from time to time.

EP don't need nice manors because we own all of AD's and DC's houses....
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

O_O

Well butter my sweetroll, I wasn't expecting that! The Ebonheart Chateau just shot up my list of must-haves. :D
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)