Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Everything you need to know about Crafting & Furnishing in Homestead 101

covenant_merchant
covenant_merchant
✭✭✭✭✭
ESO Furniture Crafting Materials
A Study in Boredom, by @amanozako
Woodworking Blueprints primarily use Heartwood, from lumber nodes.
Blacksmithing Diagrams primarily use Regulus, from ore nodes.
Clothing Patterns primarily use Bast, from fibrous plants, or Clean Pelts, from beasts and other sources of leather.
Alchemy Formulas primarily use Alchemical Resin, from mushrooms and alchemy plants.
Enchanting Praxises primarily use Mundane Runes, from runestones.
Provisioning Designs primarily use Decorative Wax, from crates, barrels, and other sources of provisioning ingredients.

List of commonly used mats for crafting furniture:
Screenshot_90.png

Conclusions:
  • You need Regulus, Heartwood, Decorative Wax, and Alchemical Resin for pretty much everything. Parses vary from 3 to 20.
  • Depending on the race-specific furniture, you need the race’s appropriate style material (ex: Obsidian). Parses vary from 6 (small kitchen cups, green quality) to 45, with the Target Skeleton being an outlier with 206 Bones required.
  • Depending on the furniture quality, you need upgrades, same as armor and weapons. You need 9 for green quality ones, 6 for blue, and 3 for epic, regardless of the type/size of the item.
  • Clean Pelts are only used in Bedding or Orcish style wall banners. As such, the author highly doubts they’ll be worth more than Bast or Regulus, which again serve for virtually every furniture item out there.
  • For some super / epic quality items, you need weapon / armor trait materials such as Ruby or Citrine. Parses vary from 3 to 20. Example of said furniture : ornate Redguard chair - 13 Ruby. It can be said to represent about 10-15% of the total end-game furniture pieces.
  • You need Rakeipa runes. Seriously. Stack on them. No joke. You will need them a lot.
  • For cooking, frost mirriam - 3, and Bervez Juice - 6, regardless of the item. Some decorative food requires additional aforementioned ingredients, though in low quantities.
  • For some reason, Alchemy serves to create lampposts and shrines, but requires no specific components of its own. Same old regulus, bast, alchemical resin, Heartwood, rakeipa etc.
  • You do not need golden upgrades to craft furniture, save for 1 Kuta to create the Target Skeleton.
  • To learn to craft a Target Skeleton, you can purchase the plan from Rolis Hlaalu, the Mastercraft Mediator in each alliance capital, in exchange for Writ Vouchers.Writ Vouchers are obtained through Master Writs, and Rolis Hlaalu will appear after you start or complete a Master Writ.
  • You will need legendary tempers for Master Writs, though not always. Ex: a Breton wants to duel. He requires a One-Handed mace, Celestial style with Citrine, quality : epic, lvl 150.
  • These writs, as well as the vouchers can be traded, or sent by mail. So, assuming you are asked to craft Ancient Orc Nirned Gloves and do not know the style, you can put the writ itself up for sale or mail it to a friend (legendary quality). Or you can learn the motif, craft it yourself, get vouchers, and sell these vouchers.
    Fixed as of 9/01. You can only sell vouchers now.
  • Having run around the farm route in Bal Foyen for awhile, the author can safely say that the drop rate for Regulus, Heartwood, Mundane Runes, and Resins isn't great. It's okay, as in you have better chances at getting those than Kutas or Nirn, but the probability would be 1:15. For every 15 nodes you harvest, you get 1 of the furnishing mats.

Regarding zone-specific Accolade Furnishers and Home Good Merchants:
  • The Accolade Furnisher sells zone-related trophies/busts for achievements you have completed.
    Example: in Rivenspire, if you have completed the Tamrith sisters quest (Spoiler : one becomes a vampire), you can get her epic-quality coffin or a bowl of blood, for all of you Twilight enthusiasts out there.
    Screenshot_20170109_143652.png As you can see, the author can't afford jack *** what with it being an NA template char. This comes from the Craglorn vendor, but in all seriousness though, there's so much to chose from.
  • The Achievement vendor has from 4 to 10 different trophies on sale per zone, including Craglorn, starter zones, and every DLC zone. Ranging from 3k to 50k gold. Some are available only via ESO+ subscription, like a decorative ESO+ bag, a giant statue of Molag Bal for completing the Main Quest, a decorative fancy chest for the Treasure Chest Seeker achievement, a wall map for the Tamriel Trailblaizer one... Basically there's something out there for every achievement brownie point you make.
  • The Home Good Merchant sells some furnishings. Not as grandiose as the ones you can craft, but probably cheaper. You can get a stool for 350g, whereas to craft an Argonian stool, you'd need Regulus, Heartwood, Flint, Pitch, all of which would amount to a bigger sum, especially at the release, when these commodities will be rare af.
  • He also sell flora-related items: trees, plants, decorative rocks... As far as the author is concerned, you cannot craft trees. It would be great, defy laws of physics and the transformation of matter, but you can't. So you'd have to buy them from the Home Good Merchant. Said trees are zone-specific, and kuddos to the devs to have thought of it. Trees come in green, blue, and purple quality, with the prices being raised accordingly.
    Screenshot_20170109_143719.png
    For example, on Bal Foyen, you can get Red Aloe and some burnt crispy trunks (I'm pretty sure they're called otherwise, but just imagine a tree being badly burnt by lava with some ash deposit on it, and a few blossoms because nature will always thrive), which fits well with the whole Ashland Dunmeri culture, whereas the Bangkorai one sells Desert shrubs (just picture The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly stand-offs) as well as some Highland saplings, to illustrate the dichotomy of the zone's Southern and Northern regions. In case you have missed it, the author is very excited at the prospect of virtual gardening.
  • In Cyrodiil, at the base with the bank for each alliance, said vendors will sell decorative Ballistas, Flaming Oils, Battering Rams, Banners, Stone Trebs for every alliance rank you get. It has been empirically tested that Flaming Oils make awesome exterior light sources at night, especially if you're too lazy to craft lampposts. Seriously, go try it in the Rawl'Kha house, it looks awesome.
  • These two vendors are usually found in the General Goods Merchant area aka the marketplace. In some zones, they are found in Taverns (Glenumbra, Rivenspire...). Others like Craglorn have them right next to Crafting stations. At any rate, they're indicated on the map. And have a huge banner with a chair next to them.
    Screenshot_20170109_142514.png
  • Furniture you craft or buy doesn't go into your Crafting bag if you have ESO+, so think about cleaning some space up in your inventory.

EDIT: More info taken from the FAQ
  • The Cyrodiil Achievement vendor sells trophies for AP. The only Achievement items you can buy for gold are wall banners.
    Screenshot_20170110_185221.png
    Screenshot_20170110_185231.png
  • The Cyrodiil Furniture vendor sells items for gold. Those are the same basic items you can get in any zone. (Rough block for woodcutting, hay bed etc.)
  • Crafting Surveys WILL drop Heartwood, Regulus, etc. As such, it's highly advisable to stack on them.
  • Trophies bought with AP can be traded. As in, you can buy Covenant Cold Fire Decorative Ballistas and exchange them to other players for gold. The author cannot test whether this is valid for the Decoy Elder Scroll and the Imperial Throne, what with the lack of achievements, but if it is, it'd make a great source of money for all the Grand Overlords out there.

MASTER WRITS

Below is a the list of everything the Master Writ Quartermaster has to offer:
Screenshot_20170110_215411.png
Screenshot_20170110_215422.png
Screenshot_20170110_215510.png
Screenshot_20170110_215526.png
Screenshot_20170110_215533.png

Writs like this one bring 2 vouchers. So yeah, it's damn expensive.
Screenshot_20170110_215627.png

Edited by covenant_merchant on January 10, 2017 9:03PM
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif
  • covenant_merchant
    covenant_merchant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're welcome :3 It's the sort of tedious stuff that's nice to know to avoid getting into the DLc unprepared and wasting mats and money crafting tea tables when you can buy one for 240g. Same goes for Trophies and collectibles. They're zone-exclusive, so check everyone of them before buying.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Helpful list, thanks.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This clears up a lot of questions that I've not yet gone back into the PTS to answer for myself. Thanks for this post!

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You're the man, OP!
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You're welcome :3 It's the sort of tedious stuff that's nice to know to avoid getting into the DLc unprepared and wasting mats and money crafting tea tables when you can buy one for 240g. Same goes for Trophies and collectibles. They're zone-exclusive, so check everyone of them before buying.
    Yes, thanks for listing all this out, it confirms that crafting furniture will be a tedious pain and I'll probably be better off selling my valuable mats at release to people who are gluttons for punishment. That should net me plenty of gold to buy furniture and trees from the vendors for my future houses.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Eocosa
    Eocosa
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you very much for this list!
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you.

These materials and tempers are going to be expensive af.

PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A really insightful guide that is really well written. Thanks.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • jarydf
    jarydf
    ✭✭✭✭
    That all looks like a giant painful waste of time and resources.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so the Cyrodil vendor are their things sold for AP or gold

and i assume that is where the former emps can pick up thier thrones!
  • elantaura
    elantaura
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you so much really, you have explained well what I was looking for :)

But to be a pest I was wondering if in your opinion,you think it would be worth saving surveys?although anything is subject to change I get that. Do you know if surveys currently drop any of these items such as mundane runes, heartwood etc?
    PS4 EU 1200+ cp - I enjoy RP, Housing, PVE and PVP

• covenant_merchant
    covenant_merchant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    elantaura wrote: »
    Thank you so much really, you have explained well what I was looking for :)

But to be a pest I was wondering if in your opinion,you think it would be worth saving surveys?although anything is subject to change I get that. Do you know if surveys currently drop any of these items such as mundane runes, heartwood etc?

Yes, save surveys. Definitely.
    so the Cyrodil vendor are their things sold for AP or gold

and i assume that is where the former emps can pick up thier thrones!

Cyrodiil Vendor sells stuff for AP. The only things you can get for gold are wall banners. Or regular basic furniture found in every zone. I edited my original post to include a screenshot.
    Edited by covenant_merchant on January 10, 2017 5:52PM
  • Stonesthrow
    Stonesthrow
    ✭✭✭✭

[*] These writs, as well as the vouchers can be traded, or sent by mail. So, assuming you are asked to craft Ancient Orc Nirned Gloves and do not know the style, you can put the writ itself up for sale or mail it to a friend (legendary quality). Or you can learn the motif, craft it yourself, get vouchers, and sell these vouchers.

Are you 100% sure about this one?

Nice compilation of information, thanks!

• covenant_merchant
    covenant_merchant
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[*] These writs, as well as the vouchers can be traded, or sent by mail. So, assuming you are asked to craft Ancient Orc Nirned Gloves and do not know the style, you can put the writ itself up for sale or mail it to a friend (legendary quality). Or you can learn the motif, craft it yourself, get vouchers, and sell these vouchers.

I was just in the process of amending it. After y-days maintenance, none of my mails / trades went through with it. Before, I could send mails with writs to @Alucardo, may his forum account rest in peace, without an issue. So no, atm it ain't possible anymore.
    However you can trade / mail trophies bought for AP. If anyone is Grand Overlord on PTS and would like to try out whether you can sell Decoy Elder Scrolls, that would be much appreciated.
  • Stonesthrow
    Stonesthrow
    ✭✭✭✭

I was just in the process of amending it. After y-days maintenance, none of my mails / trades went through with it. Before, I could send mails with writs to @Alucardo, may his forum account rest in peace, without an issue. So no, atm it ain't possible anymore.
    However you can trade / mail trophies bought for AP. If anyone is Grand Overlord on PTS and would like to try out whether you can sell Decoy Elder Scrolls, that would be much appreciated.

Gotcha.

Was wondering because with current testing, you can only do a Master Writ on the character that gets it from the dailies, as in... you can not have your best crafter character make that weird Yokudon 9 trait piece and send it through the bank to the character that received the writ because the writ requirement still says that you have to craft it after you take it from the bank. That goes for a guild/friend making it for you as well and mailing it.

Here is hoping they change that. Make it only on your account, not within guild or mail or stores, but make it so you will not end up having to delete some of these because you just got lucky on a guy who doesn't know enough traits or the motif requirement. That would be unfortunate.
  • aldriq
    aldriq
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the compilation, it's very useful!

I hope they change their mind on tradeability of master writs, it would be a waste if they just end up piling up on folks' inventory while waiting for the right trait/motif/enough gold mats.
    ...with the Target Skeleton being an outlier with 206 Bones required.

Took me a while to notice the little anatomy in-joke here... 206 bones in an adult human. They should vary the number slightly for Mer/Khajiit/Argonian skeletons for added lore flavour :)
  • Reivax
    Reivax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Am I reading the sample materials lists correctly, like the high elf lamp will need 3 Rekuta, 45 Adamantine, 18 Rakeipa, etc? Seems a bit excessive. Man in Fallout 4, I can make a sleeping bag from a deconstructed cigarette, lol.
  • covenant_merchant
    covenant_merchant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reivax wrote: »
    Am I reading the sample materials lists correctly, like the high elf lamp will need 3 Rekuta, 45 Adamantine, 18 Rakeipa, etc? Seems a bit excessive. Man in Fallout 4, I can make a sleeping bag from a deconstructed cigarette, lol.

Yep, you are reading this correctly. Which is why I cautioned to stack up on Rakeipa runes. Well and Race-specific crafting stones.

Basically, the furniture will be very expensive, and for one am not sure it's worth it. Gardening is way more impressive and cheaper.
    For instance, the screenshots below were made for a total of 6k AP and 12k gold.
    Screenshot_20170110_005919.png

Screenshot_20170110_005946.png

Screenshot_20170110_010021.png

Screenshot_20170110_010039.png

Whereas the following one would be worth 25k-30k gold (with the assumption that the prices for the crafting materials like Regulus and Heartwood would stabilize around 500g/each).
    Screenshot_20170110_054114.png

Feel free to draw your own conclusions.
    Edited by covenant_merchant on January 10, 2017 8:46PM
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Having run around the farm route in Bal Foyen for awhile, the author can safely say that the drop rate for Regulus, Heartwood, Mundane Runes, and Resins isn't great. It's okay, as in you have better chances at getting those than Kutas or Nirn, but the probability would be 1:15. For every 15 nodes you harvest, you get 1 of the furnishing mats.

Interesting. I get a very different drop rate. I ran a Craglorn farm route and tallied the nodes and the drops. I got a drop rate of 1 in 3. Keep in mind that this was done on Jan 10th a day after they updated PTS. If you ran your route before the update it was probably a different drop rate. I still say that the drop rate is too low for the amount of furniture that people are likely to be chasing. I think it will be likely that most people will spend gold on furniture from vendors because the cost of player-made furniture will be too high based on the drop rate.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • covenant_merchant
    covenant_merchant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having run around the farm route in Bal Foyen for awhile, the author can safely say that the drop rate for Regulus, Heartwood, Mundane Runes, and Resins isn't great. It's okay, as in you have better chances at getting those than Kutas or Nirn, but the probability would be 1:15. For every 15 nodes you harvest, you get 1 of the furnishing mats.

Interesting. I get a very different drop rate. I ran a Craglorn farm route and tallied the nodes and the drops. I got a drop rate of 1 in 3. Keep in mind that this was done on Jan 10th a day after they updated PTS. If you ran your route before the update it was probably a different drop rate. I still say that the drop rate is too low for the amount of furniture that people are likely to be chasing. I think it will be likely that most people will spend gold on furniture from vendors because the cost of player-made furniture will be too high based on the drop rate.

Yeah, I ran mine when the PTS came out, so it's entirely possible they changed the drop rate. As you said however, it's still too low. :/
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    OK, I just went and costed the value of two single beds, Nord and Altmer. I made the assumption that the value of Bast and Heartwood will be equivalent, eventually, to Jute and Maple. The Value of a Nord Single Bed based on current average mat values (TTC or MM) is 327G, while the Altmer Single Bed is 309. The more complex the furniture, from that point, the more it will cost.
    Edited by Woolenthreads on January 14, 2017 11:19PM
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Techkey1
    Techkey1
    ✭✭
    Super Thanks!!!
    CP 477 | Dark Elf | Dragon Knight DPS | Ebonheart Pact | Solo Player | No alts

More of a solo player. Learning to be more guild social lol. LOVING THE MORROWIND EXPANSION!!!

ESO PC NA

Love is what I know.
    Life is what I live.
    Death I will never see.
    Immortality awaits me.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A Nirnhoned Epic Writ only gives two vouchers? :\

Are Bast/Heartwood/etc. dropped by normal, non-Master Writ rewards (like we get a small batch of regents in Alchemy Writs currently) or Hirelings?

@covenant_merchant Somewhat unrelated: that garden is gorgeous.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    A Nirnhoned Epic Writ only gives two vouchers? :\

Are Bast/Heartwood/etc. dropped by normal, non-Master Writ rewards (like we get a small batch of regents in Alchemy Writs currently) or Hirelings?

covenant_merchant Somewhat unrelated: that garden is gorgeous.

Yes. You do a standard writ and there is a 1 in 10 chance, at the top level of writs, of a Master Writ being given
    Yeah, I ran mine when the PTS came out, so it's entirely possible they changed the drop rate. As you said however, it's still too low. :/

They just updated the PTS for the European Characters. It's possible they modified the drop rate again.
    Edited by Woolenthreads on January 16, 2017 11:25PM

• WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Woolenthreads Not what I was trying to ask. Right now, if I do a NORMAL Writ, let's say for Alchemy, I will be rewarded with a coffer it will drop four small batches of regents regardless of whether or not there is a Survey. Are Alchemical Resin, Bast, Heartwood, etc. able to drop from the NORMAL coffers--and I mean the coffers themselves, NOT the Survey nodes--in this fashion?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should I be saving my coffers and not opening them until after the update?
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Karivaa wrote: »
    Should I be saving my coffers and not opening them until after the update?

Official word is no, but based on secondhand information, I mean if you have the space, it couldn't hurt.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭

Was wondering because with current testing, you can only do a Master Writ on the character that gets it from the dailies, as in... you can not have your best crafter character make that weird Yokudon 9 trait piece and send it through the bank to the character that received the writ because the writ requirement still says that you have to craft it after you take it from the bank. That goes for a guild/friend making it for you as well and mailing it.

Here is hoping they change that. Make it only on your account, not within guild or mail or stores, but make it so you will not end up having to delete some of these because you just got lucky on a guy who doesn't know enough traits or the motif requirement. That would be unfortunate.

I tried to alt craft swap for turn-in and I can state... nope! the toon turning in writ has to craft it as of 2.7.1. don't know for 2.7.2 as PC-NA characters aren't available now.
    Rule #1: RL trumps gaming.
    Rule #2: True immersion is RL.
    Rule #3: RL lag is wonderful.
    Rule #4: People matter. Pixels do not.
  • Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Woolenthreads Not what I was trying to ask. Right now, if I do a NORMAL Writ, let's say for Alchemy, I will be rewarded with a coffer it will drop four small batches of regents regardless of whether or not there is a Survey. Are Alchemical Resin, Bast, Heartwood, etc. able to drop from the NORMAL coffers--and I mean the coffers themselves, NOT the Survey nodes--in this fashion?

I never saw housing mats drop as normal writ rewards but i didn't do but a few.
    Rule #1: RL trumps gaming.
    Rule #2: True immersion is RL.
    Rule #3: RL lag is wonderful.
    Rule #4: People matter. Pixels do not.