The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Everything you need to know about Crafting & Furnishing in Homestead 101

• Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Was wondering because with current testing, you can only do a Master Writ on the character that gets it from the dailies, as in... you can not have your best crafter character make that weird Yokudon 9 trait piece and send it through the bank to the character that received the writ because the writ requirement still says that you have to craft it after you take it from the bank. That goes for a guild/friend making it for you as well and mailing it.

Here is hoping they change that. Make it only on your account, not within guild or mail or stores, but make it so you will not end up having to delete some of these because you just got lucky on a guy who doesn't know enough traits or the motif requirement. That would be unfortunate.

I tried to alt craft swap for turn-in and I can state... nope! the toon turning in writ has to craft it as of 2.7.1. don't know for 2.7.2 as PC-NA characters aren't available now.

Is this the case for consumables as well as equipment? Currently the provisioning and alchemy writs will accept products made by any character, and I'm wondering if that'll be the case for master writs too.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Woolenthreads Not what I was trying to ask. Right now, if I do a NORMAL Writ, let's say for Alchemy, I will be rewarded with a coffer it will drop four small batches of regents regardless of whether or not there is a Survey. Are Alchemical Resin, Bast, Heartwood, etc. able to drop from the NORMAL coffers--and I mean the coffers themselves, NOT the Survey nodes--in this fashion?

I did 150 writs, or to put it into a different perspective all 6 writs 5 times on 5 characters, and never saw evidence of furniture mats dropping in the reward containers. Nor, for that matter, do I recall having seen any collected furniture mats come from the hirelings. That's not to say this will be the case in the release.
    I tried to alt craft swap for turn-in and I can state... nope! the toon turning in writ has to craft it as of 2.7.1. don't know for 2.7.2 as PC-NA characters aren't available now.

I already put in a complaint about that and also one about motifs originating from DLC. If a majority of players aren't subscribed then some MW's will be difficult for them to complete without purchasing the needed motif from the traders at exorbitant prices and much frustration. I have 4 characters capable of top level crafting (the 5th above was a template) and buying the motifs or running all the quests required for all of the motifs for 4 characters would be time consuming and very, very annoying.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Luthid
    Luthid
    ✭✭✭
    Very helpful, thank you.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did 150 writs, or to put it into a different perspective all 6 writs 5 times on 5 characters, and never saw evidence of furniture mats dropping in the reward containers. Nor, for that matter, do I recall having seen any collected furniture mats come from the hirelings. That's not to say this will be the case in the release.

Okay thank you! :)
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • The_Legendary_Arya
    I tested some Surveys, they DONT drop any of the new mats like bast.
    And @Woolen: How can you say that chance on Master Crafting writ in highest Tier reward is 1/10? I thought its character specific, depending on your Motives, Traits etc.
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tested some Surveys, they DONT drop any of the new mats like bast.
    And @Woolen: How can you say that chance on Master Crafting writ in highest Tier reward is 1/10? I thought its character specific, depending on your Motives, Traits etc.

The 4 characters I used from my account are all CP160 Max Level Crafting with 9 traits or very close to it (as in two of them will be a full 9 traits for everything within the month). The motifs do seem to make a difference though. The 4 characters which had all of the standard motifs plus rares (inc. Imperial) and at least 4 of the more common DLC/event motifs were getting 1 MW per 10 writs. The template character that I used, which had every motif, was getting 1 MW per 3 writs.

I would expect that most Player characters dedicated to doing writs are about the same as mine or have more motifs. That is, however, an assumption.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread