The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Things I Learned About Dueling

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Domino44G wrote: »
    I'm at Champ 249 and some level 9 dude was faster, more powerful than his level should allow. I've had duels with plenty of folks. I've lost some, won the majority, though. How on earth can a level 9 guy, with only the abilities available to someone that low, do the superman crap this guy was doing? He was challenging every champ level around and beating most of them. I have never seen someone at level 9 that powerful in this game before so, are there ways to cheat/exploit or does the duel offer some skill equilibrium like PvP zones do? I don't mind losing unless someone cheats. If people can cheat the system then, I'm just turning on auto-decline.

It was probably a level 9 with 561 Champion Points. The only differences between them and a fully capped toon are about 50 skill points and gear. This can be a huge difference for most people but if you were fighting someone who has Grand Overlord on their main toon you would probably have been a big underdog in Vegas.

GO's won't likely accept your duel, I've never had ANYONE over general accept a duel challenge in like 200 tries.

If you see someone with Duelist title, its most likely going to be a good fight.

Everyone wants a rematch until they win.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    I'm at Champ 249 and some level 9 dude was faster, more powerful than his level should allow. I've had duels with plenty of folks. I've lost some, won the majority, though. How on earth can a level 9 guy, with only the abilities available to someone that low, do the superman crap this guy was doing? He was challenging every champ level around and beating most of them. I have never seen someone at level 9 that powerful in this game before so, are there ways to cheat/exploit or does the duel offer some skill equilibrium like PvP zones do? I don't mind losing unless someone cheats. If people can cheat the system then, I'm just turning on auto-decline.

It was probably a level 9 with 561 Champion Points. The only differences between them and a fully capped toon are about 50 skill points and gear. This can be a huge difference for most people but if you were fighting someone who has Grand Overlord on their main toon you would probably have been a big underdog in Vegas.

GO's won't likely accept your duel, I've never had ANYONE over general accept a duel challenge in like 200 tries.

If you see someone with Duelist title, its most likely going to be a good fight.

I have a bad habit of never turning down duels. I seem to always get invited to them when I'm turning in writs or farming which leads to having classic dueling abilities like rapid maneuvers on my bar. Or while running around with 18k HP.

My "dueling" build has about 30k HP and I never seem to have it on when I need it. Pretty sure I haven't won a duel like this more than once in the last 2 weeks. No big deal. It's still a fun diversion ... well until I get tea bagged unmercifully by someone I'd melt in 2 seconds in normal Cyrodiil.

Also, my unscientific research says that Viper is worth about 100 CP.
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a bad habit of never turning down duels. I seem to always get invited to them when I'm turning in writs or farming which leads to having classic dueling abilities like rapid maneuvers on my bar. Or while running around with 18k HP.

My "dueling" build has about 30k HP and I never seem to have it on when I need it. Pretty sure I haven't won a duel like this more than once in the last 2 weeks. No big deal. It's still a fun diversion ... well until I get tea bagged unmercifully by someone I'd melt in 2 seconds in normal Cyrodiil.

Alphagear or Dressing Room. Assuming you play on PC. If you don't play on PC... well... can't help ya.
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu the Destroyer - NB
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kutsuu wrote: »

Alphagear or Dressing Room. Assuming you play on PC. If you don't play on PC... well... can't help ya.

Nope. XBox.
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice starting post :)

Some things I have learned:
    - dueling is even more fun than I expected
    - joining a dueling guild was a good idea: lot's of good advice and practice
    - organizing a dueling tournament (for my two PvP guilds) is complicated (I spent more time in Excel than in Tamriel while the others were dueling), but still fun
    - I never got around to dueling in Cyrodiil before dueling became possible in PvE areas, but now that I got used to it I have also dueled in Cyrodiil
    - (some) opponents complain when I pop my gorgeous destro ulti, why? ;)
    - and yes, I agree to '90% of people are cool and win & lose gracefully', dueling is classy :)

(I duel as a magicka sorc or as a magblade)

PC EU ∙ PC NA

'My only complaint about ball groups is that there aren't enough of them. Moar Balls.'
    - Vilestride
  • GrimmWeedThief
    I knew nothing about any of this until someone challenged me ... Who am I to refuse a duel?
    I don't know why I thought it would end quickly, I really don't.
    Maybe we were evenly matched ... maybe he was toying with me.. my hand strength was nothing compared to his either way, I began to waver ... I began to fall.. I started using my health potions, not wanting to bail out. I even thought I could win. A Crowd began to gather just in time for him to whoop my butt.

If only I had read this thread beforehand :bawling:

Good to know, haha !
    Off work for the winter, again ~

PS4 | NA
    Ri'bhiesi Khajiit, Dragonknight lvl 4
    Sa'Brynth Dunmer, Nightblade lvl 21
    The Body Thief Breton, Sorcerer lvl 50