Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773
We will be performing maintenance on the PTS on Wednesday at 3:00AM EDT (7:00 UTC).

Does Wrobel Hate Sorcs?

RadioheadSh0t
RadioheadSh0t
✭✭✭✭✭
Does @Wrobel hate Sorcs?

That's about the only explanation I can see for the completely 100% unneccessary curse nerf.

Streak nerfs.
Negate nerf.
Surge nerf.
Shield nerf.
A bunch of other nerfs I'm probably forgetting.
And now a nerf to curse?

I've mained sorc since beta, and dealt with nerf after nerf, but this one is especially absurd for so many reasons. Sorcs are already lagging behind in burst potential, and now their burst will be almost completely gone.

Sorcs have gotten nerf after nerf after nerf, and now they get a nerf to a skill that deals less damage after 3.5 seconds than most instant abilities deal? Unacceptable.

Remember all of those "nerf curse" threads"? Me neither. I was hoping that other classes would be balanced, and not really hoping for "buffs" per se, but I'm shocked to see Sorcs get a major nerf to one of the few useable skills they have.

Where the heck did they come up with this hair-brained idea? It's like they hear all the people joking "nerf sorc" and they actually thought they were serious

120i4c.jpg
Edited by RadioheadSh0t on January 6, 2017 1:19AM
Aldonius Direnni - Vet Altmer Sorc (AD)
Tyrus Telvanni - Vet Dunmer DK (AD)
Al Donius Bundy - Vet Imperial NB (AD)
Aldonius Brutus - Vet Orc DK (DC)
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think he hates all his children this patch . He's a bad parent .
    Options
  • RadioheadSh0t
    RadioheadSh0t
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    List of sorc instant abilities that deal adequate damage:

1. You know there aren't any.
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we´re being honest he just hates "complicated" mechanics.

Now curse is nobraineasytouse.

The next thing that will happen going by that philosophy is crystal fragments proccchance will get converted into something like:
    Casting any other magica ability has gives you a fragment shards:
    Each shard increases dmg by 7% reduces casttime by 34% and reduces cost by 18%.
    Stacks up to three times.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • RadioheadSh0t
    RadioheadSh0t
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    If we´re being honest he just hates "complicated" mechanics.

Now curse is nobraineasytouse.

The next thing that will happen going by that philosophy is crystal fragments proccchance will get converted into something like:
    Casting any other magica ability has gives you a fragment shards:
    Each shard increases dmg by 7% reduces casttime by 34% and reduces cost by 18%.
    Stacks up to three times.

Don't give them any ideas!!!
    Options
  • xXSilverDragonXx
    xXSilverDragonXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the hate is for all mag.
    Options
  • RadioheadSh0t
    RadioheadSh0t
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was hoping they would at least close the Stamina-Magicka divide a little bit, but there's nothing here that does it. If they do follow up Housing with Battlegrounds, as many people assume based on previous statements, it will be dominated by Stamina classes with healers and maybe a Sorc just solely for Negate.
    Options
  • SublimeSparo
    SublimeSparo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was hoping they would at least close the Stamina-Magicka divide a little bit, but there's nothing here that does it. If they do follow up Housing with Battlegrounds, as many people assume based on previous statements, it will be dominated by Stamina classes with healers and maybe a Sorc just solely for Negate.

Yea a stamsorc for negate
    PS4 EU CP900. PS4 NA CP600,
    vAA HM ☆ vHRC HM ☆ vSO HM ☆ vMOL
    4th Console vMOL clear,
    vMA cleared on all classes stam & magic

My Tribe
    EU
    High Sparo - Altmer - mSo DD.
    Wood Sparo - Bosmer - sNB DD
    Nord Sparo - Nord -sDK DD/Tank.
    Bubble Girl - Imperial -sTe DD
    Succubus Sue - Breton - mNB Tank.
    Andrana Stormlock - Altmer - mTe Healer/ DD
    Elvali Marvani - Dunmer - mDK DD.
    Venemus Draconem - Redguard - sDK DD
    Jayri Leki - Redguard - sSo DD.
    Miss Jabsalot - Altmer - mTe PvP DD/ Tank
    Mireli Hlaano - Dunmer - mNB DD.
    Ms Shanks - Redguard - sNB DD/ le bank

NA
    Dilemma Dame - Altmer - mDK DD
    Stamsorc Kitty - Redguard - sSor DD
    Aia Draconis - Imperial - sDK Tank
    Decides-Who-Lives - Argonian - mTe Healer
    You wont stop me - Altmer - mSo DD
    Stab in the dark - Khajiit - sNB DD
    Jabjabjab Beambeambeam - Dunmer - mTe DD
    Spatium Auxiliarus - Imperial - hTe Tank&bank
    Spectre - Altmer - mNB DD
    Can't-Main-Tank -Argonian - sDK offTank
    Options
  • RadioheadSh0t
    RadioheadSh0t
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea a stamsorc for negate

Yup, you're right.

So, basically, GFY Magicka.
    Options
  • Paraflex
    Paraflex
    ✭✭✭✭
    Balance sorcs are in a good spot if you think they are weak your not a good player although I agree this most recent change probably isn't needed.

Sorcs will survive and adapt well the good ones atleast
    Hollykills CP 630 Templar Healer - Ad PS4 Warlord Rank

Max Stam/Mag Dk
    Max Stam Sorc
    Max Stam/Mag NB

Don't care to dps much so I heal.

Options
  • RadioheadSh0t
    RadioheadSh0t
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paraflex wrote: »
    Balance sorcs are in a good spot if you think they are weak your not a good player although I agree this most recent change probably isn't needed.

Sorcs will survive and adapt well the good ones atleast

I consider myself one of the "good ones." Not trying to say I'm the best Sorc in the world, because my playtime is down a lot with the most recent Meta, but I'm very good 1v1 and 1vX. I also protest the current Proc meta by usually running a proc-less build with no IG or Ilambris, despite their place in the current sorc meta, and performing at a high level demonstrating class-mastery. Sure, I'll slot another ability and still play, but it will be less effective than the current state of sorcs, which has been going down significantly over time. The Velocious Curse nerf is not only unnecessary, it's taking away one of the only primary damage sources from a class that has minimal innate direct damage to start with.

I have other classes leveled that I could jump onto and perform at a much higher level, and who is to say I haven't from time-to-time, but I still play Magicka Sorc because it feels like a challenge moreso than Stamblade for instance, especially when I don't play with Procs. So, the class I played "for a challenge," is now getting a major nerf to a core piece of their rotation in the 1v1 and 1vX situations. Sorc has been my main since beta, although I switched between Hybrid and Magicka sorc (along with Magicka DK) in the soft-caps era, so I enjoy playing it more than others, but after all the previous nerfs, nerfing curse just seems like the nail-in-the-coffin on what was once a great class to play.

There are some balance changes that I saw the reason for but disagreed with the method, others that I felt went to far, but the Curse nerf is the first one that really feels truly unnecessary.
    Edited by RadioheadSh0t on January 6, 2017 2:07AM
    Options
  • Konstant_Tel_Necris
    Konstant_Tel_Necris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well actually better if they change Daedric Prey into Haunting Curse since it rarely used so need something additional to it functional to become interesting again.
    But Wrobel also buff Conversion and improve stam sorc life overall, so not all changes was nerfs only?
    Options
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wroble hates mag classes
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
    Options
  • RadioheadSh0t
    RadioheadSh0t
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, Stam Sorc is improved, no one is denying that. But this is a conversation about Velocious Curse.

Yes, Conversion is good, I could run without it. Running without the current Curse would kill my rotation and ability to kill players in a 1v1 and 1vX situation. Sure, Sorcs are GREAT in group with Negate and Eye of the Storm, but killing Curse is killing Solo Sorcerers, which seems like killing the definition of the class. It's like being a glass cannon with glass cannonballs.
    Options
  • RadioheadSh0t
    RadioheadSh0t
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valen_Byte wrote: »
    Wroble hates mag classes

I'd take the 38% (or whatever) cost increase that Swallow Soul got over what they've done to Curse.
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He hates us.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
    Options
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I urge every sorcerer out there to not forget the other issues we have if curse nerf gets reverted. Just in case theyre trying to make us forget other issues and pretend to fix things.
    Edited by Ankael07 on January 6, 2017 1:41AM
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    I urge every sorcerer out there to not forget the other issues we have if curse nerf gets reverted.

I'd be satisfied if they just fixed that and did nothing else at this point.
    Options
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    its the end of the world as we know it and i feel fine....

Sing-a-long ESO non-playtest version.

Frank N. Furter its all over!

The Absolutist Paradox Tango:
    Its just a jump to the left (Read several posts from Wrobel has hated mag and sorc since day one and setting out to kill every time threads.)
    And then a step to the right (Read posts from thread about how Stamina builds should just quit due to magica gettingbhuffed and already dominating trials and vmsa)
    put your hands on your hips (Read several posts to the theme of how stamplars are still screwed and the radiant nerf too much)
    and bring your knees in tight (Read several posts from threads about how night blades are nowhere in end game pve type content play. just useless.)
    lets do the Tango again (repeat process)

if Wrobel has hated magsorc since the get go and been hellbent on killing them or gimping them to obscurity, he really has failed in that endeavor.

:-)
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

Options
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This change is logic : sorc are intended to have no spammable dps abilities, and you use curse nearly each 4 second ! It's far too much !

… yeah, it seem that magisorc itself have nearly no love. Sets and generic skills got some love, but no sorc themselves.
    Options