The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Please Adjust Alchemy Writ Survey Map Yields

Jerezad
Jerezad
Soul Shriven
Even with 10+ points in The Lover constellation for 'Plentiful Harvest', the yields for Alchemy Survey Maps are far less meaningful than yields for Clothier, Woodworker, or Blacksmith. The most I see from any Alchemy yield is 6 from a node, with one freak instance of receiving 12. Other than that it remains consistently between 4-6, which is something I regularly encounter already from normal Alchemy Node gathering with 'Plentiful Harvest'.

Please increase the yields from nodes for the Alchemy Writ Survey maps. I might speak for many when I say I go through quite a few potions when running veteran Pledges/Trials.

Unlike other gathering nodes where a player can consistently gather the same resource (e.g. rubidite ore, red ruby ash, ancestor silk) for a needed crafting skill, the nodes for Alchemy are random and not necessarily enough of what they need to craft their desired potions/poisons.

Add to that the underwhelming number of random reagents that can be gathered from Alchemy Survey Maps and it creates a wide disparity in comparison to other survey maps.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jerezad wrote: »
    Even with 10+ points in The Lover constellation for 'Plentiful Harvest', the yields for Alchemy Survey Maps are far less meaningful than yields for Clothier, Woodworker, or Blacksmith. The most I see from any Alchemy yield is 6 from a node, with one freak instance of receiving 12. Other than that it remains consistently between 4-6, which is something I regularly encounter already from normal Alchemy Node gathering with 'Plentiful Harvest'.

Please increase the yields from nodes for the Alchemy Writ Survey maps. I might speak for many when I say I go through quite a few potions when running veteran Pledges/Trials.

Unlike other gathering nodes where a player can consistently gather the same resource (e.g. rubidite ore, red ruby ash, ancestor silk) for a needed crafting skill, the nodes for Alchemy are random and not necessarily enough of what they need to craft their desired potions/poisons.

Add to that the underwhelming number of random reagents that can be gathered from Alchemy Survey Maps and it creates a wide disparity in comparison to other survey maps.

Hmmm... iirc a survey of clothier yeield me something likw 120 raw cloth and 60 raw leather. After refining thats a little more than i need for one crafted cp160 item which is white quality and then i need to up the colors.

iirc a survey of alchemy is getting me about 25mats of different but good types on the low end. thats enough for typically 8x4 or 32 potions or 126 poisons.

To me alchemy surveys are among the most productive.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Alanar
    Alanar
    ✭✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »

Hmmm... iirc a survey of clothier yeield me something likw 120 raw cloth and 60 raw leather. After refining thats a little more than i need for one crafted cp160 item which is white quality and then i need to up the colors.

iirc a survey of alchemy is getting me about 25mats of different but good types on the low end. thats enough for typically 8x4 or 32 potions or 126 poisons.

The counterpoint is that 32 potions will last no more than 30 minutes if you use them on cooldown, while a single piece of gear might last for several months, not even taking into account that roughly 1/3 of the alchemy mats will be useful for any particular build (magicka / stamina / tank). It's difficult to sustain an end game build using only alchemy writs, much easier by farming tel var and buying alchemy satchels.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alanar wrote: »

The counterpoint is that 32 potions will last no more than 30 minutes if you use them on cooldown, while a single piece of gear might last for several months, not even taking into account that roughly 1/3 of the alchemy mats will be useful for any particular build (magicka / stamina / tank). It's difficult to sustain an end game build using only alchemy writs, much easier by farming tel var and buying alchemy satchels.

Uhhh ok so why not use more than "only alchemy writs" like idk casual gathering, writs, db supplier, selling off mats one char doesnt need to buy ones they do, etc?

I have 12 char. 10 at cap+ and 2 at 20s. I run writs with 8 of them, should be 12 but slack), do db remains w 5, casualky gather with any in play etc and my mats for alchemy are doing fine. Btw having multiple means the survey mats are all useful for various chars.

But if your playstyle combined with char selection and choices of options to not use for mats means you have a difficult time - yeah zos multply the alch surveys by 100.

Sure, why not?

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is that right now the Alchemy writ/survey has the highest return in terms of gold market value, at least on PC-NA. The average return from an Alchemy writ now is around 2600 on average with 1400 of that coming from the survey which you get 1 time in 4. The next closet survey is Blacksmithing which had an average value of 1400 per writ when OT was released but is going to be a little less now due to the drop in prices.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love more reagents but I think it would make the Alchemy survey far too valuable compared to the others.
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
  • Jerezad
    Jerezad
    Soul Shriven
    The problem is that right now the Alchemy writ/survey has the highest return in terms of gold market value, at least on PC-NA. The average return from an Alchemy writ now is around 2600 on average with 1400 of that coming from the survey which you get 1 time in 4. The next closet survey is Blacksmithing which had an average value of 1400 per writ when OT was released but is going to be a little less now due to the drop in prices.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love more reagents but I think it would make the Alchemy survey far too valuable compared to the others.

That was something I had not taken into consideration. Thank you for the feedback.
  • Jerezad
    Jerezad
    Soul Shriven
    Alanar wrote: »

I've been trying to sneak into IC to farm a little Tel Var for the satchels but even then my luck in getting just the right alchemy ingredients is pretty craptastic. The RNG gods tend to not love me. However, I agree they are a good way to stock up if I'm not getting ganked. Sometimes the risk on those seem higher than the reward.