Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Update 13 API Patch Notes & Change Log (PTS)

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
ESO UI API Patch Highlights (V100018)

Housing
A wealth of housing APIs have been added to the game covering:
  • Home ownership
  • Access/edit permissions
  • Fast travel
  • Furniture position queries
  • Furniture movement (position, orientation)
  • Furniture placement
  • Querying the player’s position in a house
  • Guild store searching by furniture category and subcategory

Furniture Crafting
The Provisioning system has been expanded to house the new furniture crafting system. Recipes can now require multiple of an ingredient type. They can also require multiple tradeskills to be craftable. Furniture-specific recipes can be identified by checking for recipes that have a special ingredient type of furnishing.

Guild Store
Specialized item Type has been added as a new filter type to the Guild Store, and we have also added many more specialized item types. Additionally, we have increased the limit on exact matches for a filter type from 8 to 16.

Razer Chroma Support
ESO now support Razer Chroma devices. The device types we support are keyboards, mice, headsets, keypads, and mousepads.
  • Added row-column based APIs for all devices (except for the headset) allowing for effects to impact the entire device, or individual cells.
  • Added a layering system, which allows multiple Chroma effects to be added and removed independently of each other.
  • AnimationTimelines can be used to implement effects that change over time.
  • The keybind APIs can be used to light up keys that match an action.

Activity Finder
New functionality has been added to support a ready check before joining an activity.

Writ Vouchers
Added APIs to query this new currency type and get information on the master writ quests requirements.
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Quick question about addon API that came up from the general discussion forum earlier this week. Addons that automate crafting is against the TOS, but why are addons able to do it in the first place? And will there ever be any action taken against the 100 thousand accounts who have downloaded addons such as dolgubon's lazy writ crafter?
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No fix for the PvP Alerts addon?...
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was there any action taken regarding the API used by Miat's PVP alerts?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Also any detailed explanation of the API coming?
  • Ethoir
    Ethoir
    ✭✭✭

The short answer is no.
    Participant in the Sanguine's Tester beta group since November 2013.
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Quick question about addon API that came up from the general discussion forum earlier this week. Addons that automate crafting is against the TOS, but why are addons able to do it in the first place? And will there ever be any action taken against the 100 thousand accounts who have downloaded addons such as dolgubon's lazy writ crafter?

I don't think Addons that automate crafting are against the TOS ...
    Also Zenimax could easily prevent multicrafting or dolgubon's lazy writ crafter via changes in the API if they wanted to.

@Woeler
    Check here: http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6711
    Edited by Solinur on January 5, 2017 5:14PM
    @Solinur Pact EU - PC (Solinur: Templar - Magicka DD, Moves-like-Günther: Sorcerer - Stamina DD, Kinara Sol: Templar - Stamina DD, )
    Addon Author
  • ArtOfShred
    ArtOfShred
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_ChipHilseberg

Hey was hoping I could reach out to you guys for a little more feedback on the newest API change with PTS3.
    Addons

Effects that last longer than 30 seconds now follow the same rules as effects that last less than 30 seconds: they are only available to player-made addons if they are cast by the player or cast on the player.

This is a pretty significant change as currently as it stands we can see the majority of buffs enemy players have cast, as well as enemy mobs. The change appears to have completely removed the ability to see anything not directly cast with the player as either the source or target. Previously, effects that lasted less than 30 seconds were visible as well as a lot of effects that lasted longer.

In addition we can no longer see friendly player buffs. While I'm not a fan of telling people how to play, it is always nice to see what mundus and food players are using, and being able to let your groupmates know "hey your food dropped, or hey guy you accidentally broke you TBS bonus, go get another boon!" if someone gets absent-minded."

I was under the impression from the new normalized icons for major/minor buffs in update 13 that haven't yet been implemented, that the development team was working on buff/debuff frames. Was this change implemented as a limitation for player addons only and the development team still plans on using the protected functions to display certain passives on NPCs/players etc? Or was the change intended as a permanent change in order to limit the display of information available to the player?

Thanks for your time!

EDIT: Also while I'm at it, is there any plans to address some of the concerns over Miat's addon that is reading incoming abilityId's from OnCombatEvent being cast at the player to alert them to stealth gank attacks? I've put a ton of time into working on LUI and it relies directly on the ability to read those events to simulate fake buff auras for abilities that currently have no active effect display, should I have any concerns that I will be unable to use the same methods in the future?

===========================================================================================

EDIT 2: While I'm at it I have a proposed solution:

If you change OnCombatEvent to only read outgoing abilities sourced FROM the player, or sourced FROM an NPC character and not other players (not sure if there's a way to differentiate between NPC's and players for this purpose), that would solve the issue of addons having the ability to unfairly alert the player to incoming events.

As it stands even if I don't use Miat's I can just whitelist only 20301 'Crouch Drain' on Srendarr and be able to tell anytime someone is sneaking near me from the printouts displayed in chat. The ability to see combat events is helpful for addon developers, but removing the ability to see other player sourced events wouldn't be a massive drawback to its usefulness and would remove the potential for unfair information advantage.
    Edited by ArtOfShred on January 17, 2017 4:50AM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ethoir wrote: »

The short answer is no.

Just to close the loop on this, this was addressed in the 3rd PTS patch.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Norn
    Norn
    ✭✭✭

What's wrong with Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter?