The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Attunable Crafting Stations ?

• ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but are they basically making it so you now can craft any special sets anywhere you want?

No, the Station stays in your Home, regardless of what Set you've attached to it. No matter what Set you've attuned you can only craft it at the station in your House.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    Pointless, just go to a way shrine closest to the station.not like we have a reason to craft new armor anyways.

Yeah, in some cases, that's going to be a bit of a hike. Like Morluldin or Armor Master.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would maybe consider attuning the imperial city stations (cause they are a pain in the preverbial to get to) but the others would just take up way too much space!
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would maybe consider attuning the imperial city stations (cause they are a pain in the preverbial to get to) but the others would just take up way too much space!

There's a few in Wrothgar and Gold Coast that are legitimately annoying to get to. Some of the base game stations too, for that matter, but there's alternatives then.
  • ZOS_JohanaB
    ZOS_JohanaB
    ✭✭✭✭
    We've moved this thread to Crafting
    Staff Post
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »
    Pointless, just go to a way shrine closest to the station.not like we have a reason to craft new armor anyways.

That works easily for most of the stations...except the ones in IC. Especially when you really, really, really hate pvp, don't want to pvp, and get annoyed when pvpers keep killing you when you just want to craft a set of gear. Yeah, yeah, pvp zone blather blather don't go if you don't want to get killed bla bla bla.... I don't go to IC for any other reason. Being able to craft those sets if a guildmate asks without needing to go to the IC....yeah, that would be nice.

Yep this and there are others which require an active ESO plus if not purchased outright.

I'd bet the manor under a guild would make most sense however I do also fear that it may not allow us to attune multiple sets to the one station.

I'm thinking it's written to mean one set per station so hopefully we can have room for all sets via a station or something for multiples.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Spoken like someone who's never had to make that ride, over and over, from the "nearest" wayshrine. Especially for those few sets that are worth crafting. And it'll certainly cut down on time crafting filler sets for alts and new players.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • xXSilverDragonXx
    xXSilverDragonXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's most useful if we can attune multiple sets to each one. As I thought about it, while it is convenient, It's never been a huge hassle for me to go to the stations I need and stamp out what I needed. And If I have to get a separate station for each set and for each craft them my home could be filled with 20 stations. That feels like overkill to me, like they didn't really get it quite right. Homes doubtfully will have that much space to drop a bunch of attuned stations in them and turn them in to one big crafting zone.

I regularly use four of them quite often. Cloth, wood and metal on one because of 511. Cloth and wood on the other three. I'll test it on PTS but I really hope I don't have to clutter my home (unless it does have a basement which would make it viable) with minimum eight stations. That would be kind of sad, like another great idea they didn't get quite right. Unless the station is far smaller, it's really going to turn the home into one big crafting mess. Utility would be great assuming you have the space, but the house itself would kind of be gone as a crafter's zone and not much more.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Ulfgarde wrote: »
    No idea. I'm assuming you can only craft the certain set in your house, and then you need to buy another attunement to craft a different set.

Just confirming for everyone that this is correct. When you get an attuneable crafting station, you visit the crafting station location for which you wish to attune your attuneable crafting station. There are attuneable stations for all three equipment crafts: Blacksmithing, Clothing, and Woodworking stations.

For example, let's say you go to the Hunding's Rage crafting station in Reaper's March. You use your attuneable crafting station there to attune it to Hunding's Rage (this binds the attuneable crafting station to you.) Then you can place your Hunding's Rage crafting station in one of your homes so you can craft that set anytime you like without needing to visit the Hunding's Rage crafting station in Reaper's March every time. In this example, if you wanted to be able to make every possible Hunding's Race piece, you would need to attune a Blacksmithing, Clothier, and Woodworking station at the Hunding's Rage crafting station in Reaper's March.

You'll be able to tinker around with these today once the PTS goes live, but we hope that helps!
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Woo. Thanks for confirming @ZOS_JessicaFolsom . You're awesome
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Are there any special rules or restrictions regarding the DLC crafting stations? As someone mentioned earlier, could a subscriber attune crafting stations for a set in IC or Orsinium, and then still be able to use those attuned stations after unsubbing?
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love this idea. Wish we could attune to more than one set. Maybe not all but 5 or 6 at least. The UI would be similar to how crafting stations work now. Would just need another slider to pick sets from.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • xXSilverDragonXx
    xXSilverDragonXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Ty for hopping in here.
    Edited by xXSilverDragonXx on January 4, 2017 3:29PM
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No idea. I'm assuming you can only craft the certain set in your house, and then you need to buy another attunement to craft a different set.

Just confirming for everyone that this is correct. When you get an attuneable crafting station, you visit the crafting station location for which you wish to attune your attuneable crafting station. There are attuneable stations for all three equipment crafts: Blacksmithing, Clothing, and Woodworking stations.

For example, let's say you go to the Hunding's Rage crafting station in Reaper's March. You use your attuneable crafting station there to attune it to Hunding's Rage (this binds the attuneable crafting station to you.) Then you can place your Hunding's Rage crafting station in one of your homes so you can craft that set anytime you like without needing to visit the Hunding's Rage crafting station in Reaper's March every time. In this example, if you wanted to be able to make every possible Hunding's Race piece, you would need to attune a Blacksmithing, Clothier, and Woodworking station at the Hunding's Rage crafting station in Reaper's March.

You'll be able to tinker around with these today once the PTS goes live, but we hope that helps!

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Thanks for confirming. It does read this way so no big deal

Any comments that you can share on the number of attuned stations per home size?
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Are there any special rules or restrictions regarding the DLC crafting stations? As someone mentioned earlier, could a subscriber attune crafting stations for a set in IC or Orsinium, and then still be able to use those attuned stations after unsubbing?

Just spoke with Mandi to get the low-down on this. If you attune an attuneable crafting station at a crafting station location (say that five times fast) in a DLC area, you can use it. Once attuned and placed, you don't need to have access to the DLC in order to use an attuneable crafting station for a crafting station location that is in a DLC area. This also means that players who have access to visit your home can also use these crafting stations, even if they don't have access to the DLC.
    Edited by ZOS_JessicaFolsom on January 4, 2017 6:08PM
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »

That works easily for most of the stations...except the ones in IC. Especially when you really, really, really hate pvp, don't want to pvp, and get annoyed when pvpers keep killing you when you just want to craft a set of gear. Yeah, yeah, pvp zone blather blather don't go if you don't want to get killed bla bla bla.... I don't go to IC for any other reason. Being able to craft those sets if a guildmate asks without needing to go to the IC....yeah, that would be nice.
    This is similar to some of the other DLC crafting stations, they can be difficult to reach without fighting NPC's and just annoying.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like this as some my favorite stations are a pain to get to
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you attune and place multiple set stations in your home?

I was thinking to make one of my houses a factory and have all possible set stations there - or at least most of them/most used ones. Can I do it? What is the limit?
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's good that stations can be attuned - cos it's not like anyone would make non-set stuff anyway, except for crafting writs - but a shame that it's one attunement per station.

With this set up I'll probably aim to have a dedicated house for crafting, just wall to wall workbenches, for the sets I like.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/5m1wjg/psa_the_new_master_crafting_writs_call_for_gold/

Everyone already planning wall to wall set stations. Just some cold water splashed on that idea. This is the master writ needed to craft, legendary set piece, to get writ vouchers to get the attunable station.
    Edited by driosketch on January 4, 2017 11:09PM
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/5m1wjg/psa_the_new_master_crafting_writs_call_for_gold/

Everyone already planning wall to wall set stations. Just some cold water splashed on that idea. This is the master writ to needed to craft, legendary set piece, to get a voucher to get the attunable station.

Yikes.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Everyone already planning wall to wall set stations. Just some cold water splashed on that idea. This is the master writ needed to craft, legendary set piece, to get writ vouchers to get the attunable station.

Wow. Glad I've been trying to keep up with my Motifs, but I think I'm going to need to go back to farming Nirncrux and doing Writs for Tempers again.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • xXSilverDragonXx
    xXSilverDragonXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On test server this is 1 table for each type of craft and each set. So if you want julianos clothing. That is one table. You have to plow through many writs to get the master writ that you need to do to get it. This what my experience.

10 writs to get 1 master. Did 2 more. No master in them. The master is a writ you get for doing the other writs.

Then the master writ I did required a LEGENDARY enchant to be made. So I had to use a Kuta to fill this writ. Then I checked out Rolis' inventory and grabbed the attunment clothing table. He has 1 clothing, 1 wood, 1 heavy. I went to the nearest set (twilight set) because Rolis for me was at the drop off location for writs in Eldenroot. Once attuned to a set it cannot be changed. I have not tested placing it in one of my homes yet. If you have a set you want and you have multiple crafts you might be forced to get three tables for that one craft. This will take up much space in your abode.

The small houses are shoeboxes. The medium houses are more reasonable. If you want to have more than a few of these you should probably get a large house or at least 1 medium that you turn into a crafting hub. If you have more than 1 you cannot really do a small as it would be a tight fit and forget about the apartment. It is the size of a prison cell, smaller actually I think.
  • Techkey1
    Techkey1
    ✭✭
    So, no "one table to craft them all"?
    CP 477 | Dark Elf | Dragon Knight DPS | Ebonheart Pact | Solo Player | No alts

More of a solo player. Learning to be more guild social lol. LOVING THE MORROWIND EXPANSION!!!

ESO PC NA

Love is what I know.
    Life is what I live.
    Death I will never see.
    Immortality awaits me.
  • Aletheion
    Aletheion
    ✭✭✭
    I'm most likely going to get Sleek Creek House and set it up the way I have it on PTS. 12 Attunable crafting stations with the ones I use the most.
    dipyLUp.png

I also set up Ravenhurst to see what it would look like.
    KRHFyjg.png

-Aletheion
    Edited by Aletheion on January 6, 2017 1:06PM
  • Forztr
    Forztr
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you have an attuned crafting station can you place it in your house use it to craft an item and then pick it up to save space when not crafting?
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aletheion wrote: »
    I'm most likely going to get Sleek Creek House and set it up the way I have it on PTS. 12 Attunable crafting stations with the ones I use the most.
    dipyLUp.png

KRHFyjg.png

-Aletheion

Nice use of space. Second one looks like some kind of garment factory or maybe a sweat shop.
    Forztr wrote: »
    If you have an attuned crafting station can you place it in your house use it to craft an item and then pick it up to save space when not crafting?

Here's thinking out side the box. At least for personal use. Has anyone tried sticking a work bench on the wall or above in the air?
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm just thinking of offering to people, you could queue into cyrodil fight your way to the armor master station or for the low low price of 500 gold I will allow you entrance into my home to craft your set. :smiley:
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • Aletheion
    Aletheion
    ✭✭✭
    Aletheion wrote: »
    dipyLUp.png

KRHFyjg.png

-Aletheion

Nice use of space. Second one looks like some kind of garment factory or maybe a sweat shop.

Sweat shop? Never! Welcome to "If the Shoe Fits - Tamriel's #1 Clothier and Armorer". Our manufacturing facility is nestled in a small village of 9 million Bosmers who live in trees and all work at our plant. The tiny hands of the Bosmer laborers ensure the highest quality stitching, and their affordable cost of living is the main reason we can keep our prices so low.

-Aletheion
  • Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    I have an attunable blacksmithing station in my inventory. It's in Consumables. I travel to the location for Death's Wind in Auridon. I stand right next to the Blacksmith Crafting station. I highlight the Attunable Blacksmithing inventory item. I press E. the icon displays the circle sweep like a watch second hand.. the Attunable disappears... Ok, now what? there's nothing added to my inventory, my bank, there's no furniture item to place in my home. Is this an epic FAIL or what?
    Edited by Fudly_budly on January 7, 2017 9:46PM
    Rule #1: RL trumps gaming.
    Rule #2: True immersion is RL.
    Rule #3: RL lag is wonderful.
    Rule #4: People matter. Pixels do not.