The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Attunable Crafting Stations ?

xXSilverDragonXx
xXSilverDragonXx
✭✭✭✭✭
Am I understanding this correctly - this basically makes it so you can craft special sets anywhere once you have this table? That's how I understand it but it's late, I'm tired, and could be misunderstanding it. Looks like it could be potentially awesome if it is what I think.
  • Ulfgarde
    Ulfgarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No idea. I'm assuming you can only craft the certain set in your house, and then you need to buy another attunement to craft a different set.
    Edited by Ulfgarde on January 4, 2017 6:57AM
    Very athletic eso player
    PC EU
    Options
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can attune the station to a set and put it in your home. So you can, for example, attune the station to Hunding's Rage and put it in your house in Stonefalls.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
    Options
  • xXSilverDragonXx
    xXSilverDragonXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but are they basically making it so you now can craft any special sets anywhere you want? I'm a little unclear on the premise so I want to make sure I understand this. If I get one of these, can I go to all the special set stations, attune to them and now craft them anywhere or wherever this attunable station is? Because that is pretty cool and would be such an amazing perk for us crafters who travel all over Nirn to make sets for ppl. Please dear divines, let it be this. I will love you forever zos if you give me this one wonderful thing!
    Options
  • Taternater
    Taternater
    ✭✭✭
    I just looked at it in the patch notes. You acquire the attunable crafting station, that I'm going to refer to as a blank. You then go to the location of a craftable set. While at this station you attune the blank to it and it becomes able to craft that set once placed in your home. It binds to you the moment it's attuned. The attunement is permanent.
    Options
  • xXSilverDragonXx
    xXSilverDragonXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay so I was right on that.... but can it attune to all of them or will I have to fill my home up with a station for each one I use most? Damn I am going to need a manse for the ones I use.
    Options
  • Taternater
    Taternater
    ✭✭✭
    From the wording it sounds like a crafting station can only be attuned to one set.
    Options
  • Ulfgarde
    Ulfgarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but are they basically making it so you now can craft any special sets anywhere you want? I'm a little unclear on the premise so I want to make sure I understand this. If I get one of these, can I go to all the special set stations, attune to them and now craft them anywhere or wherever this attunable station is? Because that is pretty cool and would be such an amazing perk for us crafters who travel all over Nirn to make sets for ppl. Please dear divines, let it be this. I will love you forever zos if you give me this one wonderful thing!

Doesn't seem like it. It sounds like it'll only be that specific crafting station in your house.

When I first heard at attunment, I immediately thought it was a huge questline you needed to do to get a crafting station or something.
    Edited by Ulfgarde on January 4, 2017 7:02AM
    Very athletic eso player
    PC EU
    Options
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay so I was right on that.... but can it attune to all of them or will I have to fill my home up with a station for each one I use most? Damn I am going to need a manse for the ones I use.

I'm pretty sure it's one crafting station per set ...
    idea.gif
    Options
  • xXSilverDragonXx
    xXSilverDragonXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah that's what I thought once I read through it again after I calmed from initial excitement of it.

But it does sound like I will be able to get multiples which means I can have say the six ones I use most, but I need to have a placed to put them all. I wonder if we have a basement in those large homes and manses.
    Options
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taternater wrote: »
    From the wording it sounds like a crafting station can only be attuned to one set.

Unless you sub. Then you can atune all of them. =O jk jk. I shouldn't give them any ideas.

I immediately assumed that if you had enough time and resources, you could attune a sole crafting station with all the sets available. I visualized a series of tabs at the top where you could go from non-set to set a to set b, and so on. I realize now that there are a lot of details really missing from the patch notes on how this will work.

One set for one table is more realistic. I don't know why I imagined otherwise. If I had to choose one, I'd probably attune to TBS, since it's the set I craft most of.

I wonder if sets that are DLC areas, like Julianos, will be dependent on owning the DLC or having a sub. It would be kind of interesting if you could sub for a month, attune your home in stonefalls to julianos, unsub, lose access to wrothgar, and still be able to craft Julianos.

I guess we'll know more tomorrow if and when the PTS goes back up.

Options
  • Taternater
    Taternater
    ✭✭✭
    Well we can potentially have multiple houses. So why not have 1 just for the crafting stations you gather over time?
    Options
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah that's what I thought once I read through it again after I calmed from initial excitement of it.
    But it does sound like I will be able to get multiples which means I can have say the six ones I use most, but I need to have a placed to put them all. I wonder if we have a basement in those large homes and manses.

It says at least one of the castles has a basement ...
    :smile:
    Options
  • xXSilverDragonXx
    xXSilverDragonXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw it the way Pandorii did. My imagination went right to that, a slider tab or something where you go through each set you attuned to. I would think you could do that because it seems a little nuts to have many of these tables. Even one though is useful but with space being limited in any house I would think it would make more sense to have 1 table where all sets attune.
    Options
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If it means that you create a version of a crafting station to place in your home, I may never have to go to IC again if someone wants me to make Armour Master or Redistributor for them. I welcome this wholeheartedly.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
    Options
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, if you want the crafting for twice born star in your house you can make that happen.
    Options
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget that the number of items you can place in a house varies depending on the size of a house, and on whether you have an active ESO+ sub. And the station that you attune is probably just for one craft. So you'd probably need 3 stations for each set that you want to be able to craft in your house.

If there are 6 sets you want to attune, that's 18 stations, so you might not be able to fit them all in smaller houses. Heck, it might be really difficult to get that many attunable stations in the first place: you can only get them in exchange for writ vouchers, and we don't really know how quickly you can acquire those yet, or how many you need to buy an attunable station.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
    Options
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    You can attune the station to a set and put it in your home. So you can, for example, attune the station to Hunding's Rage and put it in your house in Stonefalls.

This IMO is what will make me buy multiple homes, assuming of course we can buy more than one attunable station of each type. Just the ability to place them in homes and be able fast travel to my personal set spots makes me shiver in antici...

....pation
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
    Options
  • Taternater
    Taternater
    ✭✭✭
    Well, it says in the notes that they bind when you attune them, which means blank ones aren't bound. So potentially we can trade them to eachother while they're still blank. Of course players will want to charge as much as they can for one.
    Options
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pointless, just go to a way shrine closest to the station.not like we have a reason to craft new armor anyways.
    Options
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, it says in the notes that they bind when you attune them, which means blank ones aren't bound. So potentially we can trade them to eachother while they're still blank. Of course players will want to charge as much as they can for one.

This could lead to new markets for crafters. The master writ that allows you to get the blanks is tradeable meaning that if you someone has done a writ, got the item from it but doesn't have the necessary skills to make the table, they can give it a friend, and have them make it for them.
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
    Options
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »

This IMO is what will make me buy multiple homes, assuming of course we can buy more than one attunable station of each type. Just the ability to place them in homes and be able fast travel to my personal set spots makes me shiver in antici...

....pation

e6fdb08a55c94f18c14a22971cc9478bac41390e48d3bc631f424a3015562296.jpg

Dr. Frank-N-Furter sees what you did there...
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Options
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Runs wrote: »

....pation

Awesome. Excited for the remake, but already convinced that no one will ever beat Tim Curry's performance.
    Options
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This could lead to new markets for crafters. The master writ that allows you to get the blanks is tradeable meaning that if you someone has done a writ, got the item from it but doesn't have the necessary skills to make the table, they can give it a friend, and have them make it for them.
    I'm pretty sure that the bold part is the entire point. People have been asking for things to make master crafters a useful part of the economy for a long time, and this whole system might just do it. I'm really excited to try out the new master writs when PTS comes up... I'm especially happy about this from the patch notes:
    The frequency of Master Writ invites from standard Writ boxes is based on the overall associated tradeskill mastery possessed by the character.

This includes research, Motif knowledge, and achievement completion.
    Makes me happy that my main knows all of the pages of all of the motifs other than the new ones and Frostcaller, and that he's got 9 traits researched on every item.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Options
  • Taternater
    Taternater
    ✭✭✭
    Master Crafting Writs
    Maximum-tier Writ reward boxes for all tradeskills now have a chance to provide a special invitation to craft a very specific item or set of items.

The master writs only drop if the character doing the regular writ is getting the top tier box.
    Options
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master Crafting Writs
    Maximum-tier Writ reward boxes for all tradeskills now have a chance to provide a special invitation to craft a very specific item or set of items.

The master writs only drop if the character doing the regular writ is getting the top tier box.
    Good thing I've got 12 characters who have all 3 equipment skills maxed with all the passives, 10 with maxed enchanting, and 8 with maxed provisioning & alchemy B)>:)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Options
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »

I'm pretty sure that the bold part is the entire point. People have been asking for things to make master crafters a useful part of the economy for a long time, and this whole system might just do it. I'm really excited to try out the new master writs when PTS comes up... I'm especially happy about this from the patch notes:
    The frequency of Master Writ invites from standard Writ boxes is based on the overall associated tradeskill mastery possessed by the character.

Makes me happy that my main knows all of the pages of all of the motifs other than the new ones and Frostcaller, and that he's got 9 traits researched on every item.

I've been waiting for these Master Writs for a long time. It was something that was brought back during a guild-dev meeting I was in back in 2014-2015. This also makes my crafter very happy as he knows everything, all styles, all traits. He can finally do more than just be some guy that makes armour for other people.
    Options
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been waiting for these Master Writs for a long time. It was something that was brought back during a guild-dev meeting I was in back in 2014-2015. This also makes my crafter very happy as he knows everything, all styles, all traits. He can finally do more than just be some guy that makes armour for other people.
    It sounds glorious doesn't it? B)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Options
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It sounds glorious doesn't it? B)

It does. He'll have a real job now :smiley:
    Options
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh man! I just realized that all of my characters who maxed out their crafting skills just to have hirelings deliver max-level mats should really go and learn at least all of the basic racial motifs! Then maybe they'll have better chances of getting master writs too instead of just my main...

Rushes off to buy cheap motifs...
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Options
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    Pointless, just go to a way shrine closest to the station.not like we have a reason to craft new armor anyways.

That works easily for most of the stations...except the ones in IC. Especially when you really, really, really hate pvp, don't want to pvp, and get annoyed when pvpers keep killing you when you just want to craft a set of gear. Yeah, yeah, pvp zone blather blather don't go if you don't want to get killed bla bla bla.... I don't go to IC for any other reason. Being able to craft those sets if a guildmate asks without needing to go to the IC....yeah, that would be nice.
    Options