The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Seperate pve and pvp.

• Vicentius
    Vicentius
    ✭✭
    While I really dislike PvP ... wait what? You're concerned about procs from items you are wearing not critting? That's hmm unfortunate. Do you realize that you and your active skills can still crit? I don't know guys might want to relax those sky is falling typing skills for a sec and test it out first...
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Glurin wrote: »
    nordsavage wrote: »
    nordsavage wrote: »
    Sigtric wrote: »
    altemriel wrote: »
    yes, PVE does not need a crit nerf for proc sets, ONLY PVP DOES!!!

@ZOS_GinaBruno @Wrobel @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_MattFiror

To be honest, I'm beginning to think PvE does need the nerf. If proc set crits are make or break for your ability to complete dungeons, then you're too reliant on them.

This. I spend time in both, but more of my time in PVE and honestly this crying over crit on proc damage is easily the stupidest thing I've seen on these forums.

It's not that big of a deal.

It is a huge deal and a bad idea. Look around kid you are the minority if you agree with it.

If that is true, and it is indeed a "huge deal", then proc sets almost definitely need the nerf. If proc sets make that much of a difference, then there is something wrong.

It is the removal of crit from them that is the huge deal. Think of everything that uses crit then how much is effected when you remove it from something like undaunted helms. Class passives, CP passives, Abilities etc. I am only concerned with PvE which this change is not needed or asked for. You show me one thread before the announcement where someone asked for this for PvE.

I wasn't talking about PvP either. However, when a rather specific change like this creates such a huge uproar in the PvE community, as you claim is the case, I have to ask why. I don't mean some empty "why?" to which some generic response about "IT HURTS MAH DEEPS!" is going to cut it for an answer. I mean something much deeper. Why is this going to hurt so badly? Why is this thing so much more important than anything else? Why is the change so dramatic that you cannot adapt to it?

These questions lead to other questions, such as whether or not proc sets have actually been over-performing to such a degree that they negatively altered the perception of other sets. Have people actually been getting carried through content by proc sets? And if so, how deep will the river of tears be when they find they're not practically one-shotting everything in sight anymore? And how long are the rest of us going to have to hear about it? :|

Right back at ya show me a thread where a proc sets crit capability was ever questioned.... you can't can you?
    You don't say?! Think for a minute why there have never been complaints about that. I'm done speling it out.

Edited by Koensol on December 30, 2016 3:49PM
  • Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallio wrote: »
    We will gladly stop complaining about PvE nerfs, due to pvp whines, if you promise to never complain again, about whatever it is that killed you last in pvp.

*points to signature*

You are talking to the wrong person, bub. That sig isn't from this last update.

Now go back to your corner and cry about your lost 2k DPS. (Oh dear, you now do 38k DPS instead of 40k at max DPS! COMPLETELY UNPLAYABLE!!!1!!!!1!!!!)
    Edited by Jamini on December 30, 2016 5:26PM
    "Adapt. or Die."
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jamini wrote: »
    Pallio wrote: »
    We will gladly stop complaining about PvE nerfs, due to pvp whines, if you promise to never complain again, about whatever it is that killed you last in pvp.

*points to signature*

You are talking to the wrong person, bub. That sig isn't from this last update.

Now go back to your corner and cry about your lost 2k DPS. (Oh dear, you now do 38k DPS instead of 40k at max DPS! COMPLETELY UNPLAYABLE!!!1!!!!1!!!!)

Ypu have no clue mate. You sound like a zos fan boi embracing their crappy dev nature