The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Seperate pve and pvp.

Destyran
Destyran
✭✭✭✭✭
Add the no crit thing to battle spirit only stop *** with pve. Im sure its doable you guys are just being lazy devs.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    yes, PVE does not need a crit nerf for proc sets, ONLY PVP DOES!!!

@ZOS_GinaBruno @Wrobel @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_MattFiror
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »

To be honest, I'm beginning to think PvE does need the nerf. If proc set crits are make or break for your ability to complete dungeons, then you're too reliant on them.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glurin wrote: »

To be honest, I'm beginning to think PvE does need the nerf. If proc set crits are make or break for your ability to complete dungeons, then you're too reliant on them.

This. I spend time in both, but more of my time in PVE and honestly this crying over crit on proc damage is easily the stupidest thing I've seen on these forums.

It's not that big of a deal.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »

This. I spend time in both, but more of my time in PVE and honestly this crying over crit on proc damage is easily the stupidest thing I've seen on these forums.

It is a huge deal and a bad idea. Look around kid you are the minority if you agree with it.
    I didn't choose tank life, tank life chose me.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nordsavage wrote: »

It is a huge deal and a bad idea. Look around kid you are the minority if you agree with it.

Oh no, not the minority!

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Bandit1215
    Bandit1215
    ✭✭✭

I assume you are one of the garbage PvE players that relies on crit proc sets to carry your *** build and rotation through dungeons. If that is the case, i wouldn't be surprised if you had never been through a trial and if you have, probably got carried by people who actually knew what they were doing.
    CP 561
    • vSO HM - Completed
    • vAA - Completed
    • vHRC - Completed

• dday3six
    dday3six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well PVE and PVP should have been separated from the get go, but that would require separate combat teams, which is not something I think ZOS is staffed to handle.
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bandit1215 wrote: »

I assume you are one of the garbage PvE players that relies on crit proc sets to carry your *** build and rotation through dungeons. If that is the case, i wouldn't be surprised if you had never been through a trial and if you have, probably got carried by people who actually knew what they were doing.

I can Flawless Conqueror any alt at will my tank and healer included and get 500k+ scores. vMaw tank and Dps completions I even loan out to high end guilds. vDSA, all trials, all dungeons all roles with extreme talent. If I only get 30k single target Dps I consider it a bad fight for me. 22,000 achievement score. 10 Alts varying classes and stam/mag well geared. I have one of the best gear collections in game especially staffs and dual wielders. I could keep going @Bandit1215 . What can you do? Just remember pugs like you L2P from guys like me.

Yes I copied and pasted my response to another forum user but it says it the best.
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh no, not the minority!

See what I mean when I say you at just a forum troll with no real input.
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

If that is true, and it is indeed a "huge deal", then proc sets almost definitely need the nerf. If proc sets make that much of a difference, then there is something wrong.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If that is true, and it is indeed a "huge deal", then proc sets almost definitely need the nerf. If proc sets make that much of a difference, then there is something wrong.

It is the removal of crit from them that is the huge deal. Think of everything that uses crit then how much is effected when you remove it from something like undaunted helms. Class passives, CP passives, Abilities etc. I am only concerned with PvE which this change is not needed or asked for. You show me one thread before the announcement where someone asked for this for PvE.
    Edited by nordsavage on December 28, 2016 3:22AM
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What makes pvpers cry rivers does not make pve imbalances, but, the nerfs do.
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It is the removal of crit from them that is the huge deal. Think of everything that uses crit then how much is effected when you remove it from something like undaunted helms. Class passives, CP passives, Abilities etc. I am only concerned with PvE which this change is not needed or asked for. You show me one thread before the announcement where someone asked for this for PvE.

I wasn't talking about PvP either. However, when a rather specific change like this creates such a huge uproar in the PvE community, as you claim is the case, I have to ask why. I don't mean some empty "why?" to which some generic response about "IT HURTS MAH DEEPS!" is going to cut it for an answer. I mean something much deeper. Why is this going to hurt so badly? Why is this thing so much more important than anything else? Why is the change so dramatic that you cannot adapt to it?

These questions lead to other questions, such as whether or not proc sets have actually been over-performing to such a degree that they negatively altered the perception of other sets. Have people actually been getting carried through content by proc sets? And if so, how deep will the river of tears be when they find they're not practically one-shotting everything in sight anymore? And how long are the rest of us going to have to hear about it? :|
  • SienneYviete
    SienneYviete
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I wasn't talking about PvP either. However, when a rather specific change like this creates such a huge uproar in the PvE community, as you claim is the case, I have to ask why. I don't mean some empty "why?" to which some generic response about "IT HURTS MAH DEEPS!" is going to cut it for an answer. I mean something much deeper. Why is this going to hurt so badly? Why is this thing so much more important than anything else? Why is the change so dramatic that you cannot adapt to it?

These questions lead to other questions, such as whether or not proc sets have actually been over-performing to such a degree that they negatively altered the perception of other sets. Have people actually been getting carried through content by proc sets? And if so, how deep will the river of tears be when they find they're not practically one-shotting everything in sight anymore? And how long are the rest of us going to have to hear about it? :|

Right back at ya show me a thread where a proc sets crit capability was ever questioned.... you can't can you? the issue was never with being able to crit because ummm it's pvp and impen is and always has been the meta, proc set stacking is the real problem for which this nerf will not address. You're still going to see the same pvp cry threads cos some kid got burst in one second with viper veli and widowmakers. The fact of the matter is that pve builds are being punished because of pvp and this is the same bull$&#t that zos always gets away with because they're too lazy to separate the two properly.
    Delta
    Valheru's
  • SickDuck
    SickDuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't matter if the proc set nerf is big deal or not. There's been constant abuse of both sides just because ZOS wants to think pve and pvp should go hand-in-hand. It's time to end this forced marriage.

Separate the two and not just for proc sets. Fix all the issues people have been complaining about for ages. Move Vigor to a pve skill line or make it pvp specific or both. Disable Undaunted Mettle in Cyrodiil... etc, insert your stuff here.
    Holdviola - Khira'de Regalo - Lélekvadász - Used To Be An Adventurer - Zetor - Does-Not-Give-A-Duck - Lord Sugar - Tenar Arha - Da'rinka - Violent Moon - Extreme Runner
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Geez, you sound like you couldn't finish a dungeon without them.
    At the beginning, there were no monster proc sets availaible, people were clueless, we had softcaps, had no CP, no msa weapons, waaay less and weaker item sets, the item sets we Had only had 3pc and 5pc bonuses and dungeons were a REAL challenge.
    --> We still finished those dungeons.

~10% less dps from those sets means nothing.

Edit: wait it means something: you will need 1-2min longer per dungeon.
    Edited by Birdovic on December 30, 2016 11:07PM
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thank you. I like playing the same character and game in both avenues. If you want a completely fine tuned PvP experience then MMORPGs are not for you. There are other more e-sport friendly genres for that. Or go play the streamlined generic pile of poop that WoW has become by segregating the game and trying to make it super balanced. Creates a bland and generic MMO without consistency.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The big question is why PvP-players can´t adapt to stuff instead of crying a river everytime their build doesn´t work or someone come up with a new meta. PvP-players (in general) are the ones who mindlessly rant more than any cathegory in the game.......So pls stop talking about PvE players "adapting". They adapt to every change due to pvp cry.
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Battle Spirit could nerf all the issues pvp folks complain about, without unnecessary changes in pve.
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Birdovic wrote: »

Geez, you sound like you couldn't finish a dungeon without them.
    At the beginning, there were no monster proc sets availaible, people were clueless, we had softcaps, had no CP, no msa weapons and dungeons were a REAL challenge.
    --> We still finished those dungeons.

~10% less dps from those sets means nothing.

Edit: wait it means something: you will need 1-2min longer per dungeon.

And that is way too long for some people. Heck, I was in a PUG the other day where someone started bitching and left just because the fights were taking ten or twenty seconds longer than they "should". We weren't having any real problems. Everything was dying. We weren't. The boss fights that we did complete went smoothly. But apparently we weren't doing enough DPS to go through the dungeon at warp nine, so we sucked, we were crap at the game, etc. etc. and he took off.
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

The big question is why PvP-players can´t adapt to stuff instead of crying a river everytime their build doesn´t work or someone come up with a new meta. PvP-players (in general) are the ones who mindlessly rant more than any cathegory in the game.......So pls stop talking about PvE players "adapting". They adapt to every change due to pvp cry.

Again, not talking about PvP, even though I agree with you about their penchant for whining. You say PvE players are adaptable. Then why can we apparently not adapt to this particular change? ;)
  • Meetre
    Meetre
    ✭✭✭
    I understand the pve players being upset by this change. But please stop trying to blame the pvp community for it. We have asked for changes to proc sets, but I have rarely heard a complaint about the crit from them. Just because ZOS is making a change to the game does not make it pvp's fault. Most pvper's asked for a global cool-down on all proc sets so one light attack can't proc three sets at the same time,not for crit to not happen with them. Many even suggested that any changes be added to battle spirit so it wouldn't effect the pve side of things. I would guess ( and it is a guess) that ZOS looked at the damage from the sets and decided they are over-performing for what they had intended and took away crit from them for everyone.
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Them nerfing crit for proc sets for pvp is the stupidest fix i have seen most people run 30%crit with 7impen. Why even implement these stupid changes. The devs here suck. This next year is gonna decide the faye of the game for good. If the keep doing crap like this.
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Destyran wrote: »

Them nerfing crit for proc sets for pvp is the stupidest fix i have seen most people run 30%crit with 7impen. Why even implement these stupid changes. The devs here suck. This next year is gonna decide the faye of the game for good. If the keep doing crap like this.

"We are going to be making some changes to these sets to balance out their burst potential. When the update hits, any set that has a damage or heal proc component to it will no longer crit in PVE or PVP. We chose this direction as we like the concept of these sets and still want them to be interesting and viable, we just wanted to tone down their overall burst potential. (sustain is slightly reduced, while burst potential is significantly reduced)"

There is nothing in there about them specifically doing this because of problems in PvP. If anything, they are saying proc sets in general are over performing right now and they want to tone that down.

Again, they are not targeting either PvP or PvE. They are targeting proc sets.
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destyran wrote: »

"We are going to be making some changes to these sets to balance out their burst potential. When the update hits, any set that has a damage or heal proc component to it will no longer crit in PVE or PVP. We chose this direction as we like the concept of these sets and still want them to be interesting and viable, we just wanted to tone down their overall burst potential. (sustain is slightly reduced, while burst potential is significantly reduced)"

There is nothing in there about them specifically doing this because of problems in PvP. If anything, they are saying proc sets in general are over performing right now and they want to tone that down.

Again, they are not targeting either PvP or PvE. They are targeting proc sets.
    No stamina and veli/viper are over performing they just cant balance the power creep because they are bad devs. Donno how they come up with these *** ideas.
  • Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Waah waah waah, I farmed for a month for this set because it was BIS and now it's not BIS! Waaaah"

Just grow up. All of you. Some of us are tired of hearing it. I know I am.

There are tons and tons of sets to go collect and try. You can manage with a little less damage on your Grothdarr's/Skoria. It's still going to have plenty of damage anyway.
    "Adapt. or Die."
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We will gladly stop complaining about PvE nerfs, due to pvp whines, if you promise to never complain again, about whatever it is that killed you last in pvp.
  • Dral_Shady
    Dral_Shady
    ✭✭✭
    For Gods sake. PVE is easy enough as it is. You wont be happy till mobs starts dying by a single stare from you.
  • itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't matter whether the proc sets are really that needed in PvE, the fact that they can't make adjustments and balancing that does NOT unnecessary nerf things that had ZERO need for one, means they don't even play this game, and have no real clue how to make the needed changes. Guess that's what you get when you have artists as developers...
    ~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't matter whether the proc sets are really that needed in PvE, the fact that they can't make adjustments and balancing that does NOT unnecessary nerf things that had ZERO need for one, means they don't even play this game, and have no real clue how to make the needed changes. Guess that's what you get when you have artists as developers...

The lack of complaining from the community does not mean that the nerf was not needed. Clearly they looked at the data and decided that proc sets had too much burst damage, so they are taking steps to reduce that damage. It doesn't matter whether people were complaining about proc sets in PvP or not complaining about them in PvE. Proc sets were doing too much damage to begin with. That's really all there is to it.
    Edited by Glurin on December 28, 2016 9:26PM