The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Thoughts on the Removal of Proc Crits

pewbis
pewbis
✭✭
The dev team has decided that in order to appease complaints of proc sets being overpowered in PvP, they will remove crits in both PvP and PvE. What are your thoughts?
Edited by pewbis on December 31, 2016 5:38AM
PC NA @Hoqs

Send me tempers

Thoughts on the Removal of Proc Crits 32 votes

Sounds good.
18%
Rev RielleAngelisauragegartonFfastylFleetwoodSmackkarakondzula 6 votes
It might work for both, but we'll have to wait until it comes out.
21%
SolarikenBelethornpaulsimonpsSTEVILBurritoESOWhiteMageEldritchPenguin 7 votes
It is good for PvP, but bad for PvE.
25%
GlassHalfFullrosendoichinoveb17_ESOTanis-StormbinderKonstant_Tel_NecrisVanthras79FluffyReachWitchWizball1987AAbrigo 8 votes
It is good for PvE, but bad for PvP.
0%
This won't work at all.
34%
flintstoneInklingsEdziubebynnagTyrion87siggi1856Father_X_ZombieBlakeabutler_Blasiusbigted209DuckEmDocpewbis 11 votes
  • pewbis
    pewbis
    ✭✭
    This won't work at all.
    I didn't want to introduce bias in the question, but I personally think this is a bad fix. In PvP, gear is usually impen, and people focus more on hitting as many procs in as short time as possible over trying to crit a lot. I don't think it will make much of a difference in PvP... and in PvE, it will completely ruin many people's builds. My current build is a magblade w/ Skoria set. I crit 75% of the time and have about 75% increased damage with crits, so the removal of crits from Skoria makes the set deal 36% less damage, which is a huge difference. I recently spent all of my gold upgrading that set to legendary too. I don't think proc sets were a problem that needed addressing in PvE, other than the fact that some are better than others...
    PC NA @Hoqs

Send me tempers
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • pewbis
    pewbis
    ✭✭
    This won't work at all.
    I was actually looking for a similar post/poll for quite a while, not sure why I didn't see yours. Huh.
    Vaoh wrote: »

This is awkward.
    PC NA @Hoqs

Send me tempers
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HOW MANY MORE OF THESE POSTS WE GONNA HAVE?!!!!!

ZZOOOOS, ME WANTS NATCH POTES BEFORE I GO INSANE!!! YA HEAR ME!
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This won't work at all.
    on pvp stacked proc sets still will hurt also without crits, on pve removing crits (mainly source of dps) will just off any proc set to change as not worth sloting and to wear any other good set with stats bonuses instead of procs