The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Being too OP

JohunBleek
JohunBleek
✭✭✭
After expertly sneaking into a keep under siege alone, I decided to hide and wait for the mindless 30 zerglings to exit their newly acquired keep, they were so happy and clueless of my presence. After the keep walls were back up, I was taken out of stealth by the evil infernal guardian 2 piece, even through I was not in combat. I was then chased around by a few people, and I killed even fewer. One of the pvp gods that outnumbered poor Johun whispered I was going to be banned for being inside a repaired keep. Now I know some of my good friends were permanently banned for using gap closers to get inside which zos felt was right and just, but what if I snuck inside and the walls were repaired afterwards? Better yet since I'm dumb and don't know where to find said consequences, if any, can one of you lovely people reading this let me know where to look? <3

[Edit to remove naming and shaming]
Edited by [Deleted User] on December 28, 2016 10:33PM
Best NB NA
  • Maikon
    Maikon
    ✭✭✭✭
    JohunBleek wrote: »
    After expertly sneaking into a keep under siege alone, I decided to hide and wait for the mindless 30 zerglings to exit their newly acquired keep, they were so happy and clueless of my presence. After the keep walls were back up, I was taken out of stealth by the evil infernal guardian 2 piece, even through I was not in combat. I was then chased around by a few people, and I killed even fewer. One of the pvp gods that outnumbered poor Johun whispered I was going to be banned for being inside a repaired keep. Now I know some of my good friends were permanently banned for using gap closers to get inside which zos felt was right and just, but what if I snuck inside and the walls were repaired afterwards? Better yet since I'm dumb and don't know where to find said consequences, if any, can one of you lovely people reading this let me know where to look? <3

Sneaking through a breach and hiding inside a keep is nothing new, people do it all the time, and someone telling you that you will get banned for it, was probably someone you killed and got all salty. That being said, ZOS specifically said using gap closers to go UP walls is exploiting a bug, which can get you banned, although I haven't seen anyone do it in awhile, so maybe they fixed it.
    Edited by [Deleted User] on December 28, 2016 10:33PM
  • Curtdogg47
    Curtdogg47
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have done this before. And almost took the keep back. I only had a couple more guards to kill and the second flag would have been mine. But a group of yellow came back and I was rolled.
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I also do this often in under lvl50 campaign. Sometimes people whisper me I'm hacking etc. even when I came inside when walls were down, but unlike others I didn't die. ;)
  • mtwiggz
    mtwiggz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @JohunBleek every time I do this I feel like the banhammer is about to grace my face.

As far as I know there is no actual rule against it. Though I too had a lot of friends banned for gapclosing into keeps and fear the same fate for simply sneaking into one. Would come down to how many people actually report you for what they think is cheating and whether or not ZoS actually looks at game footage instead of just outright banning you based on the low intelligence of said players that report you.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I often times go with a couple nightblade friends, siege a keep and wait for people to come and get us. Often times we end up inside the keep for long periods of time and siegeing the inner wall to flag it over and over again. You won't get banned for getting inside a keep (as long as your not exploiting your way up some how).
    PS4 NA DC
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    do this all the time , actually often when my alliance has "given up" or team has fizzled out which happens a lot because I'm down under and playing times differ, it's great fun it's certainly not a bug like wall jumping was, I've never put up a siege or tried to flip flags it's not about taking the keep it's letting the other factions know to always be on guard even in your own keeps and when I get caught it's a t bag guarantee :)
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Skitttles
    Skitttles
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was the one that whispered you, you have been reported, deported and shmuhshmorted.
    Edited by Skitttles on December 29, 2016 11:47AM
    Skittles | DC Stem Sok and sumtimes Nertbled
  • JohunBleek
    JohunBleek
    ✭✭✭
    Skitttles wrote: »
    I was the one that whispered you, you have been reported, deported and shmuhshmorted.

This Christmas I served M&M'S at my party. Everyone told me how they were better than skittles.
    Best NB NA